Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 2:39:27 AM EDT
[#1]
What's the difference between 24 and 25?  Seems sort of silly if you ask me. When you have sex with someone, you're basically having sex with everyone they've ever been with in a manner of speaking, and everyone that those people have been with, etc.  If you're uncomfortable with the number of partners your potential lover has had, perhaps the real problem lies with you.  I think the original concept of seeking a virgin to marry was sound.  If both partners were virgins, they would keep free of disease and share something special together.  Once a person has lot their virginity however, I don't think numbers matter near as much as personality.  I can't control how many lovers someone has.  It's up to both of us whether we become intimate or not.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What's the difference between 24 and 25?  Seems sort of silly if you ask me. When you have sex with someone, you're basically having sex with everyone they've ever been with in a manner of speaking, and everyone that those people have been with, etc.  If you're uncomfortable with the number of partners your potential lover has had, perhaps the real problem lies with you.  I think the original concept of seeking a virgin to marry was sound.  If both partners were virgins, they would keep free of disease and share something special together.  Once a person has lot their virginity however, I don't think numbers matter near as much as personality.  I can't control how many lovers someone has.  It's up to both of us whether we become intimate or not.

Worth repeating.  Once a person has had sex with several experienced partners, they've been exposed to a dozen or more of their collective partners.  It's the law of averages.  Given how common STD's are, you have now likely been exposed to something.  While condoms (if used properly) do generally provide good protection against HIV, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea, according to the best available medical literature, they do not reliably protect against Herpes or Genital Warts (aka HPV, Human Papilloma Virus).  Genetal Warts cause Cervical Cancer.  This is why nuns or other completely celibate women have a negligeable rate of cervical cancer.  

Be careful where you put your pee-pee, or which pee-pee you let inside.

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't think numbers matter near as much as personality.

I think the number (when you're my age, anyway) says a lot about the personality. It shows that the person has no self-control and that sex is just sex to them. It means that, if they're willing to have sex with all those other people, why would the sex with you have any importance? I still have some old-fashion tendencies. Virginity isn't a requirement, but low mileage is. I can write off one or two meaningless flings, but I do believe that sex should be reserved for those that you love.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#4]
As long as a girl is safe and uses protection than I don't give a damn.  Is it my job to judge a girl that likes to fuck as much as me?  Hell no...she had a life before me just like I had a life before her.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the number (when you're my age, anyway) says a lot about the personality. It shows that the person has no self-control and that sex is just sex to them. It means that, if they're willing to have sex with all those other people, why would the sex with you have any importance? I still have some old-fashion tendencies. Virginity isn't a requirement, but low mileage is. I can write off one or two meaningless flings, but I do believe that sex should be reserved for those that you love.

How old are you just out of curiosity?
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...and do you expect a guy to know that and be honest with you about the number of people he's slept with???  What if you fell madly in love with someone and then after a year or two after marriage they told you they had slept with 15 different girls and had a few 3 somes?
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#7]
This response: " I used to be a man!"
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't ask, don't tell.

To answer the question, it depends on how hot she is.  If she's really hot, I'd hit it!
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Can't wear it out.  [shrugs]

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#10]
25, hah, I'd never get a date!!!1

I would prefer a woman who has had some experience, they are much more fun.

TXL
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any number over 0 is unacceptable for me.  

Why? Because a girl that can maintain a commitment to herself by practicing celibacy can maintain a commitment in marriage.    

So, I take it that you have never been with a woman.  Otherwise, you would be a hypocrite.

I'm no hypocrite.  

People decide to stay virgins for MANY reasons, and it is by no means a guarantee that they can remain committed in marriage.

I'm not saying it won't work out for you, I'm jsut saying that if you honestly believe that statment, you might be a little naive

I realize that she could just be really ugly, and I forgot and left my beer goggles on!  

I understand what you're saying, and no, that isn't the only thing I (should) look for.  Its just a pretty good indicator in most instances, IMO.  A prerequisite, if you will.  

I love hearing stories of guys who married virgins, then have only had sex with them 2 times in like 5 years after they got married. This one guy, no shit, they have had sex a total of 2 times, and they have 2 kids.

LOL! Somethin ain't riiight..... [indiana jones] he chose poorly... [/indiana jones]

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only 19
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
8 year-olds, Dude.

Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I think it says a lot about the personality at any age.

I'm 31 and have only slept with 5 different women in my whole life, all of them women with whom I've been involved in a serious relationship and who were not promiscuous.  Look, I'm horny as hell and would like to have sex 2x a day every day.  But shit there's nasty stuff out there and I don't want to be exposed to it.  Plus I don't figure sex is something I want to do with just any chick.  Rather only do it with a woman I really care about.  I'm not religious or anything - it's just personal principles.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If you asked a girl this question, what number would make you run like hell?

I would be more leery of a female who hasn't been with anyone. Have to ask WHY they haven't been with anyone. I don't mind a person with experience.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#16]
[Clerks]
36?? Including me?

37!!??  I'm 37??!!

Why couldn't you just sleep with them like any decent person?
[/Clerks]

CB, I understand where you are coming from at your age.  I am 23, and am up to 5.  Three of those, including my first, were flings, and I regret one of them very much.  The other two were girls I was serious about.  As I have gotten a little older, I realized that sex is much better when you are with someone you care about.  You get it more, your partner is more enthusiastic, and you feel better waking up next to them the next day.   When I was your age, the guys that had already had 5 girls in the sack were just having sex for the hell of it.  But many of them very well may have discovered along the way that they should cool it and look for that one special person.  So don't think that a high body count means that the person is always going to be a man whore.  Also, as most girls do, you will probably date someone older by a few years at some point.  That will effect his count as well.  

Personally, if a girl has a wild past, I want to know just enough to know that she has a wild past.  I gave some advice to a virgin buddy of mine.  Don't ask questions you don't really want the answers to.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only 19

Ahhh...I probably thought that way when I was that age.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

No, he's a pederast. Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Please define "been with."  

Personally, I'd have a problem with a girl who's 'been with' more than 6 guys (or fitting the quotient below).  It screams SLUT to me...  Not the kind of girl to bring home to meet the parents.

I make it a personal thing to make sure that I NEVER have sex with a girl unless I know I'm in love with her.  Otherwise it seems like a potentially hazardous long-term outcome.  Especially if something requiring long-term investment came out of her...  I think I'd rather not chance having a child with just any girl whose t!ts I thought were nice, or whose A$$ I thought was cute.  Chances are in those situations we'd have almost nothing in common, and there'd be NO WAY that I'd like spending the rest of my life with such a slut that puts out on the 1st date.

Currently I'm dating a virgin.  I like that, and I'm hoping that I can keep it that way for some time.  There's something special about dating a virgin.  It's not only intriguing, but it's uncharted & undiscovered territory!    Besides, I can always use my tongue, can't I?    Or is that a violation of the sanctity of virginity?  I'm going to start a GD thread asking that question now...

Good luck over the summer CloningBagels!  I'm sure you'll have a decent summer; Just remember: Your summer is only what you make of it!  

Edited to add, I think a better measurement is to use the Quotient rule.  I would cut & run if the person has slept with someone with a quotient any higher than 0.66 (or 66%).  The quotient is measured in:

# of partners / # of yrs since you turned 18 (consent age) = Promiscuity Quotient

To us "livefreeordieNH" as an example, he's had 5 partners and he's 31 years old.  So he has been of legal consent age for 13 years.  That comes to

5 partners / 13 yrs legal = 38.5%  This means he is NOT promiscuous as he's under the 66% level...

I use the 66% level because at 66% the average duration of all sexual relationships has to be greater than 1.5 years.  I judge about 1.5 years to be the time in which it takes to be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you're not just in love with someone, but you're compatible to be soul/life partners as well.

Assuming no down-time being single, livefreeordieNH's average relationship span could be about 2.6 years per relationship meaning he likely tried to put a lot into each & every relationship.  Good for him.

The lower the Promiscuity Quotient/Percent, the better.

For example, the girl I'm dating has a 0% primiscuity rating because she's a virgin.  My last girlfriend has a 100% rating (5 guys in 5 years), and hence I'd consider her a slut (over 66% or 0.66).  Since I know more about this girl having dated her though, I can attest to the fact that she's a lying, cheating, slut.    My rating is 20% on the promiscuity scale...

HOW DO YOU RATE?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#20]
come July, I be marryin' a VIRGIN
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:23:56 AM EDT
[#21]
If you can help it, never ask a question you don't really want the answer to.

This is one of those questions.

I've been married twice, 17 years in both cases, and I never ask this question.  It's kind of like comparing pay scales with coworkers.  No good can come of the answer.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:27:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No flame, but definitely a female perspective, believing  that sex is all above love. To us guys, its a physical thing for the most part.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:48:14 AM EDT
[#23]
ONE, but then I expected my marriage to last and it has.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Don't ask don't tell.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I would never date a guy who's been with more than 5 girls.

Either you're in like the 5 th grade or you don't get to many dates.

I consider myself to have dated a REALLY small number of women especially compared to many of my friends and I've dated 10 girls/women in my life.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why? Because a girl that can maintain a commitment to herself by practicing celibacy can maintain a commitment in marriage.    

So, I take it that you have never been with a woman.  Otherwise, you would be a hypocrite.

I'm no hypocrite.  

Well, answer the question.  If you have been with at least one woman, you are a hypocrite if require that the woman have been with zero sex partners.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:40:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm no hypocrite.  

Well, answer the question.  If you have been with at least one woman, you are a hypocrite if require that the woman have been with zero sex partners.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to dodge the question.  I will try to be clearer:  I have had zero sex partners.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
ONE, but then I expected my marriage to last and it has.

Tj

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm no hypocrite.  

Sorry, I wasn't trying to dodge the question.  I will try to be clearer:  I have had zero sex partners.  

Well, alrighty then.  Your first time should be with a very experienced woman.  Tell her you don't know anything and watch her go into action to teach you.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
A friend of mine said yesterday that he would only date a girl who's been with less than 25 guys..."24 is ok, but 25 is out of the question." Personally, that number seems WAY too high. I would never date a guy who's been with more than 5 girls.

If you asked a girl this question, what number would make you run like hell?

I assume you mean sexually, not just who they've dated...

more than one or two, unless divorced...

One mistake is allowable, but a history of them is a problem...

Also, if they don't see those one or two as a mistake, then the answer is '0'
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm no hypocrite.  

Well, alrighty then.  Your first time should be with a very experienced woman.  Tell her you don't know anything and watch her go into action to teach you.

To each his own.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm no hypocrite.  

Well, I did take a girl who was a stripper to the homecoming dance in highschool....(she was a bit older, and I didn't know it at the time! )  

ETA:  I realized it when she started dancing
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#34]
I agree with some of the others here. I really don't think it matters.
For me, I don't give 2 cents for what a girl did BEFORE me. Only what she does while she's WITH me.
That being said I'm sure there's probably an "upper" limit to what I could accept, but anything less than a prostitue isn't going to come close to those kinds of numbers. So I don't consider it an issue.
I'd also like to add that I really don't enjoy sex with virgins. I know I know guys! "What the hell?!"
They just don't know what the hell they are doing. ALOT more fun when they do.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I agree with some of the others here. I really don't think it matters.
For me, I don't give 2 cents for what a girl did BEFORE me. Only what she does while she's WITH me.
That being said I'm sure there's probably an "upper" limit to what I could accept, but anything less than a prostitue isn't going to come close to those kinds of numbers. So I don't consider it an issue.
I'd also like to add that I really don't enjoy sex with virgins. I know I know guys! "What the hell?!"
They just don't know what the hell they are doing. ALOT more fun when they do.

If you look at dating as a prelude to marriage, what they did before you is indicative of their willingness to be faithful for the rest of their lives.

That, and that whole "Thou shalt not commit adultery" thing.

It's as simple as that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#36]
"including you.........there have been..........one..........thousand five hundred and two."

but really are we talking about being with as in dating or being with as in having sex?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#37]
I would never even date a virgin!! I certainly would never sleep with one.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#38]
If you can make it past the used part, who cares.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#39]
25 is damn disgusting...

im the jealous type, the lower the number the better, preferabbly (of course) ZERO!!

p.s. im 23, not looking for STDs, but definitely up for some humping, any of you guys have hot wives and want to be able to reply to the 3 some thread?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
If you look at dating as a prelude to marriage...

Huh? Rest assured I see dating as a way to meet girls with whom to spend some mutual enjoyable time. Compare with spending some fun time at the shooting range vs. joining the Army.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Geez, I wish some of you guys would read the question.

Zero and you would run?

Run on one, take at zero!

Tj
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
25 is damn disgusting...

im the jealous type, the lower the number the better, preferabbly (of course) ZERO!!

p.s. im 23, not looking for STDs, but definitely up for some humping, any of you guys have hot wives and want to be able to reply to the 3 some thread?

wtf!?  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
25 is damn disgusting...

wtf!?  

WTF +1?! You were joking, right dude?!?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
As long as a girl is safe and uses protection than I don't give a damn.  Is it my job to judge a girl that likes to fuck as much as me?  Hell no...she had a life before me just like I had a life before her.  

+1
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#45]
"jee mr I didnt think I would have this much fun will i was atleast 15" oh sorry I didnt read the whole question

any I wouldnt want to know. as long as shes clean I dont care who shes fucked before becouse currenly im fucking her now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#46]
I wouldn't use number of previous partners as a deciding factor.  I don't ask because although I am not a jealous type, I really don't want to know about his past encounters.  However, if he feels it necessary to tell me about his sexual history, and goes on and on about the number of women that he had been with, then I would deduce that his "score" meant something to him, and would choose not to sleep with him as it would seem that I would not be special to him, just another score on the score card.

I have a number of male friends who slept around a lot in their teens and early twenties, and have changed and matured to the point where they are ready for a commited relationship.  They knew that they were not looking for anything permanent, and let the women know in advance, and had no problems.  Now, many of them are in happy, commited relationships/marriages.

I also know women who, in their teens and twenties, were sexually active and, at times, had one night stands or relationships that were solely based on sex, with both parties understanding that was as far as it would go.  They also let their partners know in advance that they were not ready for relationships, they just enjoyed having sex.  They, too, have matured and altered their views on sex and are now in commited relationships.  For them, sex means much more now because they have seen the lack of value in meaningless sex.  Most of them are in happy marriages and are strongly commited to their mates.  

I know many men and women who jumped into marriage with the first person that they had sex with, and some who married just so that they could finally have sex, although they did not know it at the time.  

I don't think that there is anything wrong with waiting 'til marriage to have sex, I know someone who did and is blissfully content.  However, I also don't believe that past sexual history is an accurate test for ability to commit in the here and now.  Everyone has a chance to change  their lives at any time, and many do and learn from past mistakes.  I care more about who the guy is today, and if they learned from their past, then who they used to be
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I would never date a guy who's been with more than 5 girls.

So in other words, you're attracted to liars.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Hot girl with good Christian morals and upbringing saves herself for her future husband.  Meets a guy at church and they begin dating and fall in love.  They both agree to hold off on sex until they’re are married.  They get married, the hot girl desperately wants it, as she has saved her self for so long, but they guy has no interest in sex.  Neither of them believes in, or would ever consider a divorce.  They have been together about 10 years.  

True story.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:53:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Hot girl with good Christian morals and upbringing saves herself for her future husband.  Meets a guy at church and they begin dating and fall in love.  They both agree to hold off on sex until they’re are married.  They get married, the hot girl desperately wants it, as she has saved her self for so long, but they guy has no interest in sex.  Neither of them believes in, or would ever consider a divorce.  They have been together about 10 years.  

True story.  

What the hell is wrong with that guy?  Hasn't he ever gotten a boner before?  I don't think they talked about sex enough before the marriage.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

True story.  

That reminds me of Sex and the City. Charlotte and her husband decided to wait until they got married. Once they were married, he never wanted to have sex with her because he saw her as his good clean wife...not as a sex partner.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top