Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:29:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I can admit i am naive about some things, but your list had some things i thought were honest  so i wasn't sure about the whole thing.   Plus i was hoping some states were pretty respectable for LEO.  like i said, our county Sherrif just got put away for a couple of years in the Fed pen.  I have his signature on alot of my form 4's.  How's that for a nice thought?
Danny
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well gee whiz there danonly,
Haven't you ever heard of sarcasam?
Getting mad at people trolling doesn't do any good, so I give it right back to them.
Lighten up!
BTW, SGTAR is notorious for his top ten list, so I was also doing a parody of his works.
View Quote

And you did very well Gunslinger.  My point was to show how some people would take this post.

I really don't have any problems with Leo...really.  I just don't have any need for them either.  Plus, being in Cal., the cops here are VERY differant then most cops.  In my area they are very young, 25 being the average age.  And very inexperienced.  Top that off with an anti-gun stance, disregard for the law appling to them, and a "holier-then-thou" attitude tends to upset me.

After reading about many, many Leo's from elsewhere I haver arrived to a conclusion.

Cali Cops are very differant then the ones in the rest of the country...I don't know why but it sure seems that way.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#3]
you could move to a friendly state. couldnt you?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#4]
"Do you know WHO I AM?"

No, that's why I asked for identification.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:25:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Ahhhh, I'm not an LEO, but I thought I'd chime in with a few funny ones a friend of mine (sherrif) sent me... I certainly have to ASSUME they're jokes, but it'd be funny if some of them were really used...

NEVER SAY TO A COP

1. I can't reach my license unless you hold my beer. (OK in Texas)

2. Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.

3. [red]Aren't you the guy from the Village People?[/red] BWAHAHAHAHA

4. Hey, you must've been doin' about 125 mph to keep up with me. Good  job!

5. Are You Andy or Barney?

6. [red]I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a police officer.[/red]

7. You're not gonna check the trunk, are you?

8. I pay your salary!

9. Gee, Officer! That's terrific. The last officer only gave me a warning, too!

10. [red]Do you know why you pulled me over? Okay, just so one of us does.[/red]

11. I was trying to keep up with traffic. Yes, I know there are no other cars around. That's how far ahead of me they are.

12. [red]When the Officer says "Gee Son....Your eyes look red, have you been drinking?" You probably shouldn't respond with,"Gee Officer your eyes look glazed, have you been eating doughnuts?"[/red]

Ohhhh, I would SOOOOO love to [s]say[/s] watch someone say some of these lines to an officer, just to see their reaction.

[peep]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:59:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey you wanna know something? You look like that guy in the picture on my girlfriends night stand...
as he writes my ticket

[naughty]

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#7]
[/quote]Oh, you forgot:
10. We always cover for each other.
9. We're all crooked.
8. We're out to get your guns.
7. All we eat are dougnuts.
6. We get cool toys you can't have
5. We have authority issues.
4. We are better than you lowly civilians.
3. We have no regards for the laws we enforce.
2. We never get speeding tickets

And our number one answer for the night......

1. We can't shoot worth a damn, (unless it's at a dog).

Thank You and good night! [:D]

[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA!!! too funny!

the other one i hate, and which is driving me ape shit from the woman is things eluding to how all cops cheat on the GF's or wife. she's always paranoid. and has no reason to be.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a reminder guys, this is a public forum, there are non-LE people on here as well. You wouldn't go in a restuarant and bitch about this stuff in earshot of the public would you?  Remember, were professionals.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just a reminder guys, this is a public forum, there are non-LE people on here as well. You wouldn't go in a restuarant and bitch about this stuff in earshot of the public would you?  Remember, were professionals.
View Quote

By all means, let's put up a "blue-wall" we don't really talk to "them" they don't really talk to "us"

Professional doesn't mean being so uptight that talking to people is out of bounds.

Most people don't understand the work LEO's do, and LEO's often don't talk honestly about the work they do, because "civilians" don't understand. How will understanding happen without open communications?

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

By all means, let's put up a "blue-wall" we don't really talk to "them" they don't really talk to "us"

Professional doesn't mean being so uptight that talking to people is out of bounds.

Most people don't understand the work LEO's do, and LEO's often don't talk honestly about the work they do, because "civilians" don't understand. How will understanding happen without open communications?

View Quote

Think about how you would feel if you were at your Doctor's office and overheard him bitching to a nurse about how he hates people who come in for physical exams.... at thats exactly what your sitting in the next room with a paper gown on getting ready to have done.

Most people still have respect for Police Officers, it may not seem that way because all we deal with on call is shitheads, but when your in a public place....especially in uniform, you need to be professional and courteous.(sp?)
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Sgtar, I feel for you liivin' in Cali but I can tell you a pretty good reason why you have the inexperienced LEO in your area right now. When I was just 10mnths in LE in TX, I took a vacation to Burbank (1995). The Ofc I rode with for a night was about 10mnths at Burbank after being with LAPD for about 20 years. He was in some of the first wave to leave LAPD in droves after the Rodney King incident and the ensuing field day that everyone had at the PD's expense. The result. The brass stopped supporting the line officers. Everyone was guilty until proven innocent. So, thanks to the lack of support and dumping on done by the citizens who "have no use for them", you ended up with what was left after all the veterans left, such as Rampart's little difficulty.

You get what you earn. Nothing personal, just repeating what I was told by the Burbank Ofc.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I always think its funny that people complain about speeders in their neighborhood and say we need to be around doing something about it.  

And guess who is usually the first person we pull over for speed.....Then they tend to whine about why we are picking on him and he wasnt going that fast.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Remember, something like 60% of the PD LODD (homicides) are the result of a traffic stop, usually one that would have ended with a verbal warning ("courtesy stop" for a burned out brake light, failure to signal) by the small to mid sized town local officer who lost (or never had) the proper Mindset.

Sh*t doesn't stop happening just because [b]you[/b] stop expecting it to.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:54:35 AM EDT
[#16]
My favorite is "Is your job like CSI?"
-Arent most jobs just like on TV?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top