Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I used the Schick Tracer FX for years until recently trying the Gillette Mach 3 Turbo. Sometimes I get lazy and don't shave every day or every other day and the facial hair would get stuck in the Tracer FX. That doesn't happen with the Mach 3 and it's a good shave to boot. My dermatologist that I went to years ago did say that safety razors were great, but that you couldn't find them anymore, so you probably can't go wrong there. I'll probably keep using the Mach 3 Turbo.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't like electrics, too many ingrown hairs, so i go with a beard. I do use a disposable under the chin about once a week.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a Gilette Venus safety razor.  It's used to shave my legs and my underarms.  HEE HAW!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
gillette M3 turbo POWER.

i like the M3 turbo razor and dropped the 12.00 for the power one.
it took two days to get use to the vibration.
after that it shaves close!  at or below skin level and very comfortable.  single or two passes over an area and you are baby ass smooth.

+1
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#6]
another +1 for the Mach 3
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#7]
When i shave I use a throwaway one I got for free
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Why is 'safety razor' not a choice?

Yeah. Inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Another Mach 3 Turbo user here.

Ditched a 3 blade electric shaver for it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why is 'safety razor' not a choice?

Yeah. Inquiring minds want to know.

They are large headed "old fashioned" razors that use big disposable razors that you put into head of the unit itself.

Here are some fancy ones:

A typical one:

Here's a single sided blade, though some safety razors are double sided:
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:30:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine looks like the second pic but has a chrome handle. BTW a package of blades is $1.98 at Wal Mart. Still gives a good, clean, close shave.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top