Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It's 90%!! (finish worn off, stock cracked)
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=1717[/img]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I can only give you that price today...
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a rifle on the EE once that was 90%. Turns out he meant 90% original parts. Finish, what finish? I got out what I had in it, but at least my buyer was aware of the condition it was in before he bought it.

Bob
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:58:18 AM EDT
[#5]
From a gunbroker.com auction today:

"THE COLLECTOR WE RECIEVED IT FROM HAD OWNED IT SINCE THE EARLY 80'S AND ON FIRED 1- MAG THRU IT."
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=1717[/url]
View Quote

ROFLMAO!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:08:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I was at a guns show shopping for 10 rd mags to use in my Walther P99. I walk up to a vendor that I used to buy AR parts from and ask him if he has any.

"I've only got a few. Normally I sell them for $100, but for you I'll cut the price to $85"

Sure enough there was a $100 price tag on those mags--and I later bought four factory new mags from another vendor for only $30 a piece.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Here is a major overdose of BS spotted on auctionarms.com (comments noted in [blue]blue[/blue]):

This is a rare spare 223cal FA trigger pack for Heckler & Koch HK33(FA HK93)
View Quote

[blue]oh yeah, really rare -- there are only a million parts kits floating around[/blue]

Made in Germany for Malaysian police(Adapted AUG now)
View Quote

[blue]Made by Pakistan Ordinance Factory, but so crappy even the Malaysian police won't touch it[/blue].

It's in excellent condition(90%)
View Quote

[blue]That's 90% by weight, less than 10% of the original metal has rusted away[/blue]

What you see is what you get
View Quote

[blue]although photo below is a sample only[/blue].

Due to new importation law, these are harder to find nowdays thus get them while you still can.
View Quote

[blue]New importation law?  I don't think so![/blue]  

Great for future investment
View Quote

[blue]although buying at twice retail today means you'll have to wait awhile to recoup anything, like 50 years[/blue].
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whaaat's that?!

It's a sales monkey!
View Quote
crap.  now I'm choking on a cracker! [BD]
View Quote

I love that commercial. Mom and Dad hate it.....

Scott

View Quote

My wife and I love that commercial too.  Check out the monkey's face when the guy comes in and says "Hold it"  The monkey's mouth opens up and he looks back and forth.  Frikken funny.  
View Quote

Never knew there was such a following for that commercial. My GF and I always crack up when it comes on. "...it's sales monkey..." "Snowmen don't have legs."
View Quote

I LOVE THAT ONE!!  Especially if you listen to the way he says "monkey" sounds like "moankey" that really cracks me up.
Best sales lines?
"We screw the other guy and pass the savings on to you!"

or

"It has a outta-site warranty!!"
........(outta site, outta warranty!")

Nuckles.   [smash]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I was looking at mags and this one almost convinced me I had stupid tattooed on my forehead.

"Those scratches don't mean anything, that's green teflon."
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:30:48 PM EDT
[#13]
"H@!!, Any idiot can tell it's preban it has a bayonet lug!"
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I always hated the "fresh from the safe" or "Cleaned out the safe" or "found in back of safe" or "Kept in climate controlled safe"

Sales of safes must be fantastic because when someone sells something it all comes out of a safe! It must make people think your a serious collector and dont have junk.  And another thing, are safes bottomless pits that no-one knows what they have in them? It always seems the sellers "didn't know it was in the safe" or were "cleaning it out and found it"

Apparently no one who shoots keeps guns in a wood cabinet or bedroom closet anymore even though we know that maybe 5% of gunowners own a real safe.

Most ads I read and pitches I hear are so full of fluff I could puke.

SoryOciffer
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

"Hi, I'm Billey Mayes"

View Quote

Who the hell is he anyway?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#16]
i like how anything no matter what can be "preban"

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#17]
From sturmgewehr.com (bullsh*t noted in bold):

I have a Mint HK94 A3 9mm for sale which comes with factory A3 stock on gun, barrel shroud, 1-15round factory mag, 4-30round curved factory mags, & 1 factory double mag clamp. [b]This is a 1 owner gun and not been shot much at all. This was stored in a safe for the last several years. A real beauty. [/b]Total package price is $3700.00 Don't miss out!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
From sturmgewehr.com (bullsh*t noted in bold):

This is a 1 owner gun and not been shot much at all. This was stored in a safe for the last several years. A real beauty. [/b]
View Quote

Actually, I know where a 91, 93 and 94 are that match that description. Unfortunately, it's not in my house. [:(] Not for sale, either. [:(][:(]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#20]
"Too much masturbating will lead to blindness."

Wait, wrong forum, sorry.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm particularly fond of:

"Someone was just looking at this. He went to get some more money. He should be back pretty soon, but I'll let you buy it if you really want it."
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#22]
A tad AK specific but,

"That's a gen-u-wine pre-ban MAK-90!"

For the non-AK types; all MAK-90's (Modified AK 1990) are post-ban, the ban in question being the 1989 import ban.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top