[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Dr. Pepper
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Red Diamond, I don't know if it is available in Texas, it's local, Great stuff. its what I sell at my store, and what we have at the firestation.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I buy green beans from Bald Mountain coffee and roast them my self (Fresh Roast 8), then use a french press.  Much better than Starbucks.  For the price of a couple cups of Starbuck's burnt coffee, I can buy a pound of green beans.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Only the best "Folgers Crystals"
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Seattles Best

Peets

When I have time, I by fresh beans from the local coffee/cigar store.  Guy has THE best fresh beans.

But I've had to slow up on the coffee a bit.  I have a couple of cups when I wake up, one on the way to work, one at rollcall, then after that I switch to jasmine or green tea.

Then, once I get home I'll have a cup or three before bed.

Sheep
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I bought one of these cuz it's just friggen easy and fast.

images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001ES9G2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Which means the only coffee I can use is this

images.amazon.com/images/P/B00067RDSE.01-A1H097IJ6WK7GU._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

With pods that look like this

www.typicaldutchstuff.com/Senseo/pods.jpg

So, is it any good?

At first it was kinda weird. I have always made my coffee very strong. How strong? Well once my grandfather was at my house while I was making coffe and asked me what I was doing in the kitchen cuz it smelled like burning tires. LOL

Now I'm used to it and other coffee tastes kinda week and thin (if that makes sense). The Dutch have many different companies that make pods for the Senseo, but we only have the senseo brand Douwe Egberts coffee. I wish we could get more choices, maybe the price would go down a bit
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Dunkin Donuts.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd say that if I was on a budget and had to buy cheap supermarket coffee, then After Eight Columbian Supremo is pretty damn good for the price.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Some Cuban stuff from my local supermarket, It 's good!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Will ya send me some?  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Starbucks Christmas Blend.
I got enough to last well into April maybe May.....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Chase & Sanborn
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I have the cheap pod machine thingy. $40 at Costco. I get a FANTASTIC cup off coffee every morning for around 40 cents a cup the only problem is I have to mail order the pods from places like www.coolbeanspods.com because the pods that the Senseo company makes taste like fermented liquid shit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#16]
My mom buys what ever is on sale at shoprite.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have the cheap pod machine thingy. $40 at Costco. I get a FANTASTIC cup off coffee every morning for around 40 cents a cup the only problem is I have to mail order the pods from places like www.coolbeanspods.com because the pods that the Senseo company makes taste like fermented liquid shit.

Douwe Egberts coffee is pretty good... how do you know what fermented liquid shit tastes like?

Quoted:
Starbucks Christmas Blend.
I got enough to last well into April maybe May.....

+1-- excellent blend.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Raven's Brew

Wicked Wolf, Kodiak, or Resurection blends are all yummy.

Starbuck's breakfast blend is decent in a pinch.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#19]
IF... and that's a BIG "IF" - you can afford justify purchasing great coffee from a "micro" bean seller, then you need to check out the BUN E CARLOS BLEND!

The Bun E Carlos Blend: is a blend of coffees made from the finest gourmet coffees from Central & South America. Only coffee's which pass strict standards (and those of Bun E Carlos) make it into the blend. This unique blend of coffee is a tasty brew that everyone finds appealing. (Hey Bun E does!!). No Coffee Is bagged before an order is made!

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
www.gmcr.com

Usually Breakfast Blend or Vermont Country Blend. Sometimes Our Blend or the French Roast.

Whole beans, grind my own. Got hooked on GMCR during a trip up north many years ago. Have to order it, can't get it locally damn it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:31:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Maxwell House Columbian Supreem.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:56:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I use a bean from Costco that is their brand but is roasted by starbucks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:04:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Community Dark Roast, black.
Nothing else comes close.

A big +1 on that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:12:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Try 8 Oclock 100% Columbian. Very good and about 1/3 the price of the other specialty brands.

I am brewing that this morning.  Picked some up last night on my way home.  Will let ya know.

Well 8 o clock was dissapointing.  I used the same amount as Folgers.... apparently this stuff is pretty light/weak.  Gonna have to do 1.5x my folgers scoop tomorrow and see if it is any better.  Flavor aint bad.  Real smooth.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:18:47 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Will ya send me some?  

Hehehehe shhh keep it quiet!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:35:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Tim Hortons fine grind.  Most addictive coffee on earth.  Damn you, Canada!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:39:49 AM EDT
[#27]
I wouldn't drink coffee if it came with a side of hookers and blow.

I honestly don't understand how something that smells so delicious and tasty can have such a bitter taste.  I WANT to like it, but just can't stand it !
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:46:15 AM EDT
[#28]
I roast my own beans every 3-4 days and grind fresh before brewing. www.sweetmarias.com.

I like Papua New Ginnea and Kenya followed by Sumatra.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:08:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I honestly don't understand how something that smells so delicious and tasty can have such a bitter taste.  I WANT to like it, but just can't stand it !

I used to feel the same way you do.  I could no possibly understand how my parents drank the stuff.  It was nasty!  I tried it many, many times in college, still hated it.  Honestly, I cant remember what happened or when.  I just started drinking it.  Now, it is one of my favorite things to do.  Especially while camping.  Love it.  Dont know where the bitter taste went.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:25:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Maxwell House

Maxwell house has a bigger kick than Foldgers, but both taste good
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:32:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to feel the same way you do.  I could no possibly understand how my parents drank the stuff.  It was nasty!  I tried it many, many times in college, still hated it.  Honestly, I cant remember what happened or when.  I just started drinking it.  Now, it is one of my favorite things to do.  Especially while camping.  Love it.  Dont know where the bitter taste went.

+1 on the Hills Bros. (Medium)

Can't really explain it either.  Used to not like it at all and then I started drinking it one day and decided that it was for me.  I've been drinking it mornings for probably 10 years now and sometimes at night with Kalua and Baileys
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:38:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on the Hills Bros. (Medium)

Can't really explain it either.  Used to not like it at all and then I started drinking it one day and decided that it was for me.  I've been drinking it mornings for probably 10 years now and sometimes at night with Kalua and Baileys

Weird.   Maybe I'll suddenly like it someday. I'm usually tempted by the smell to try it once or twice a year, so it could certainly happen.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#33]
I like Millstone.
I buy the beans, grind each morning and wake up like this and this after a few sips.
remember I drive an 18, and I have all this in my truck

If the DEA only knew
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had to give up coffee because of tachycardia Damn, I miss coffee.

That sucks man.  I used to have that when I was younger, in college.  My resting heart rate was over 100 often.  I never had it professionally diagnosed, tho.

As I got older... it went away.  58bpm now.... after a full pot of black coffee.  

I had an ablation done on my heart a few years back. Between that and a small dose of beta blockers
the tachycardia has been eliminated. With that said, any type of stimulant makes my pump dance like
a teenage girl on X. The worst part of having an ablation done was when the butt ugly eastern indian
nurse lady yanked the catheter out of my pecker.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

kind of like the smell of tobacco, and sometimes the smoke, like pipe tobacco...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#36]
8:00 Coffee original Roast. It is only good if you grind the beans yourself.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#37]
I need to get some other kind of bean grinder then.  I have one of those little ones where you put the beans in a cap that becomes the top.... but then when you open it up, you get grinds all over the place.  I gave up on it.  I think I need some kind of commercial deal where it will grind them right into the brew basket, no mess.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I started drinking coffee when my 1 year old decided that 5am is a good time to wake up and start his day. Like others have posted above, I love the smell of coffee, but have never liked the taste. I can make it tolerable by adding creamer and sweetener, but I would like to learn to like the taste if for nothing else to save on the calories.

For a while I was using a regular brewing pot, but my wife broke the pot while cleaning it one day. We bought one of these...

www.homecafe.com/en_US/index.shtml

mainly because I'm the only coffee drinker in the house and it's easier to make one cup at a time. We bought this one over the senseo because it accomodates larger cups. I drink mine out of the 16oz travel mugs.

I've heard so many people say that the pod coffee sucks, and that regular folgers and the like all suck. So, what would be considered a good pod coffee? I would like to re-approach my taste for coffee with what may be considered good coffee. Maybe I only dislike coffee because I've only had what everyone considers crap?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Folgers Gourmet Supreme Dark Roast

Danny
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I roast my own beans every 3-4 days and grind fresh before brewing. www.sweetmarias.com.

I like Papua New Ginnea and Kenya followed by Sumatra.

+1, nothing like home roasted - it doesn't get any better than that. Though I prefer the Costa Rica or Kona myself, also love the JBM but damn that gets expensive.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I need to get some other kind of bean grinder then.  I have one of those little ones where you put the beans in a cap that becomes the top.... but then when you open it up, you get grinds all over the place.  I gave up on it.  I think I need some kind of commercial deal where it will grind them right into the brew basket, no mess.

Get a burr grinder instead of a blade grinder.  Blades don't grind evenly.  

The Solis Maestro is a good one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
8:00 Coffee original Roast. It is only good if you grind the beans yourself.

+1

Though I use the Columbian.  My coffee maker has a built in grinder that grinds the beans fresh right before brewing.  I can't control the grind of the beans, but it's pretty much a non-issue for me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#43]
We all contribute to a coffe fund here at the office. We all bring in a pound every two weeks.

Right now we have Starbucks
Ethiopian Sidamo
Kenya
Gold Coast Blend
Sumatra
French Roast

I like the Gold Coast and Kenya best
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top