User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Killing John Wick's puppy..
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
The worst thing that I can think of is to be in bed with Hillary.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep, I've had nightmares about going through the ice and not finding the hole to get back out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drowning
Trapped in a box/coffin

This but I'll add while cave diving/spelunking.  Getting wedged and can't get out.  Fuck no!

TC

Yep, I've had nightmares about going through the ice and not finding the hole to get back out.

I had a really bad screw up scuba diving one time.  I had been certified for about 2 years, long enough to be pretty good at it but not long enough to develop good judgement.  A guy had dropped a trolling motor into the water next to a dock, in about 6-8 feet of water.  He offered me $100 if I'd drop in with my gear and pull it out.  Sounded like a quick and easy $100. The motor had somehow gotten the prop hung up on something under the dock, so the dive started with an issue.  Then I had to go under the dock to work it loose.  My BC and wetsuit then got hung up on the deck screws and a couple of low hanging 2x4s.  I couldn't move and was trapped under the dock.  People were walking around on the dock, jerking me all over the place.  I checked my pressure guage and saw I only had around 300 psi left.  I finally took my gear off, ripped my BC, and backed out convinced I was going to die scuba diving in shallow water.  What a dumbass I was.  Piss poor planning, arrogance, no back up, no contingency plan.  I'll never forget how afraid I was when I saw my gauge pressure.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#4]
A third Obama term
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never been able to decide between; being burned alive and drowning.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I had a really bad screw up scuba diving one time.  I had been certified for about 2 years, long enough to be pretty good at it but not long enough to develop good judgement.  A guy had dropped a trolling motor into the water next to a dock, in about 6-8 feet of water.  He offered me $100 if I'd drop in with my gear and pull it out.  Sounded like a quick and easy $100. The motor had somehow gotten the prop hung up on something under the dock, so the dive started with an issue.  Then I had to go under the dock to work it loose.  My BC and wetsuit then got hung up on the deck screws and a couple of low hanging 2x4s.  I couldn't move and was trapped under the dock.  People were walking around on the dock, jerking me all over the place.  I checked my pressure guage and saw I only had around 300 psi left.  I finally took my gear off, ripped my BC, and backed out convinced I was going to die scuba diving in shallow water.  What a dumbass I was.  Piss poor planning, arrogance, no back up, no contingency plan.  I'll never forget how afraid I was when I saw my gauge pressure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drowning
Trapped in a box/coffin

This but I'll add while cave diving/spelunking.  Getting wedged and can't get out.  Fuck no!

TC

jeez, death by dock (drown/panic)  yeah.  quickly is something to hope for...in sleep at best?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Buried alive with a box of hungry Norway rats.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Eaten alive by an animal.
View Quote

Reminds me of a story I read as a kid.  Two guys hunting each other - mortal enemies . . . it's fairly dark, snowing hard, wind blowing and they end up within feet of each other when a tree next to them falls and traps both.  Unable to move or free themselves they end up talking, eventually reconciling after a few hours in this predicament.  A few shadows then appear not far away as the storm lets up.  One hollers at them thinking it's some of their kin folk out looking for him.  As the shadows turn and run toward them one asks who they are.  The other simply says, "wolves".  The story ended there - obviously.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#9]
The reaper comes for us all.  I intend to meet him on my terms, standing if possible.  

No crying or whining; it's just a stage to the next chapter.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Drowning

Trapped in a box/coffin

View Quote

I've heard over and over that drowning isn't as terrible as you would think after the first breath of water.  But your second option has me rethinking my standard answer of fire. At least it would end in an excruciating matter of minutes. But fuck being trapped to death, crap. Just a constant state of panic and despair for days? Gah..
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:04:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Reminds me of a story I read as a kid.  Two guys hunting each other - mortal enemies . . . it's fairly dark, snowing hard, wind blowing and they end up within feet of each other when a tree next to them falls and traps both.  Unable to move or free themselves they end up talking, eventually reconciling after a few hours in this predicament.  A few shadows then appear not far away as the storm lets up.  One hollers at them thinking it's some of their kin folk out looking for him.  As the shadows turn and run toward them one asks who they are.  The other simply says, "wolves".  The story ended there - obviously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Eaten alive by an animal.

I know that story. Can't remember the title though.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Being tossed into one of those shredders that they use to condense 55 gallon drums would be worse than a wood chipper.  Just slow enough that you could keep on top of the blades for a while, the hopper walls too slick and steep to get out, . . . .
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Cancer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#14]
fucking cancer be your answer
Quoted:
I'm torn between being on a hijacked plane that is being deliberately flown into the ground, being eaten alive by an animal, being tortured, or being married to my ex-wife.  The fear and pain would be pretty high with them all.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, piss on this thread. I'll worry about death when it comes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Freezing to death.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Burning.

I remember the torso of 2nd degree that I got when my shirt caught fire as a kid. Burning is the worst.

Drowning sounds bad as well, but not quite.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Being grined down by a giant belt sander feet first upside down
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:39:00 PM EDT
[#19]
On the way out is going to be a good thing.  I am preparing for bloody, naked, screaming, the same way I got here :)  Hopefully this way or don't wake up one day, I am cool with either one...
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#20]
is there a good way to go when you can see it coming? You mind has to say "Oh Crap" at some point with the realization.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Freezing to death.
View Quote

I've heard it said that freezing to death is one of the more peaceful ways to go.  Yeah, you're terrible cold for a while, but then you begin to feel warm and sleepy.  That's when death is near, but painless.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Hopelessly lost while cave diving just watching the psi drop with each breath.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Burned to death.
Drowning.
Buried alive.
Crushed.
Anyway that you just cant breath and you know that you are gonna fade away and die without saying a word.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#24]
aids or cancer probably
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:57:28 PM EDT
[#25]
When I was a FF it occurred to me that getting lost in a birning building and running out of air was pretty much at the top of my list.  Not freaking out was the subject of many drills we ran.

The first time they did it was eye opening when we were dropped off with the low air alarm going off and our masks blacked out it a huge warehouse with the option of getting out before the alarm stopped (ie out of air) or being assumed dead.  It wasn't fun when you realized what that would be like in real life.  It has been years and I still remember it clear as day.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:57:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Knowing I was separated from God for eternity

View Quote

Knowing i was banished to ARFCOM GD for eternity

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#27]
The worst way to die...if you are completely aware of what is coming....would be to die unsaved.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This sounds like the worst episode of Columbo ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Paralyzed with fugu fish poison and buried awake and alive.  With poisonous snakes in the casket with you.  And Nickelback playing on headphones you can't take off.

This sounds like the worst episode of Columbo ever.

I was going to say burning. But winner winner chicken dinner.

I think I would take feet first into a wood chipper over this.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Buried alive in a coffin

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Nutty putty cave.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:26:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Dead is dead!

Your thinking in minutes when Time is eternal.

What ever will happen? Has already happened!

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Alzheimer's
View Quote

By the time comes around to die, you don't even know what hit you..

However ALS more commonly know as Lou Gehrig disease would be a slow and drawn out death,,, Which I would image would be as close to dieing in the belly of a Sarlacc as one could get..
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:10:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Scaphism
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#34]
The guy that got buried and cooked with a couple thousand pounds of tuna at a processor a couple years back ranks up there
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#35]
pretty sure the people on Alaska Air 261 didn't enjoy the little while they had before they died
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:25:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Death by spiders... They'd spin you up in one of those cocoons and slowly suck all your juices out until your nothing but a parched mummy
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:29:16 AM EDT
[#37]
that story of the farmer and his kids all dying trying to save one kid that fell into the septic tank or field?  one after the other as they each tried to save each other from drowning and failed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:32:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:32:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Wikipedia on what the Indians did to captives in years past:

Those men and women [2] who were not adopted, as well as teenage boys,[3] would face death by ritual torture. The torture had strong sacrificial overtones, usually to the sun.[4] Captives, especially warriors, were expected to show extreme self-control and composure during torture, singing "death songs", bragging of one's courage or deeds in battle, and otherwise showing defiance.[5] The torture was conducted publicly in the captors' village, and the entire population (including children) watched and participated.[6] Common torture techniques included burning the captive, which was done one hot coal at a time, rather than the Hollywood-style firewood pyres; cutting with knives, beatings with switches or sticks, and jabs from sharp sticks. Prisoners' fingernails were ripped out. Their fingers were broken, then twisted and yanked by children. Captives were made to eat pieces of their own flesh, and were scalped alive. To make the torture last longer, the Native Americans would revive captives with rest periods during which time they were given food and water. Tortures typically began on the lower limbs, then gradually spread to the arms, then the torso. The Native Americans spoke of "caressing" the prisoners gently at first, which meant that the initial tortures were designed to cause pain, but only minimal bodily harm. By these means, the execution of a captive, especially an adult male, could take several days and nights.[7]

In contrast to the Eastern Woodlands tribes, peoples of the Northwest Coast (encompassing the coastal regions of Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, and southeastern Alaska), enslaved war captives. Slaves were traded and were a valuable commodity. More importantly, slaves were given as gifts during a potlatch ceremony to enhance the prestige of the gift giver. Slaves performed major economic roles in this region, and comprised a permanent social class and a significant proportion of the population. ]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#40]
A dude I worked with just drowned after being swept off of a rock in Oregon
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:36:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Not sure but it likely involves Oprah, Diane Feinstein, Michelle Obama, and lots of crisco oil.
View Quote

Go on...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:42:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm terribly sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
with a bunch of asshole strangers all together

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/53/Aa191_ohare.jpg

My aunt was on that flight.

I'm terribly sorry.

No kidding, sorry man.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:45:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Eaten by rats.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:46:28 AM EDT
[#45]
ALS

Brother passed away from it.  One of the most slow and cruel ways to die.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:47:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

However ALS more commonly know as Lou Gehrig disease would be a slow and drawn out death,,, Which I would image would be as close to dieing in the belly of a Sarlacc as one could get..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alzheimer's

I saw this first hand.  Its terrible deterioration.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:50:15 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Paralyzed with fugu fish poison and buried awake and alive.  With poisonous snakes in the casket with you.  And Nickelback playing on headphones you can't take off.
View Quote
How the hell'd I wind up like this? That snake bit my naval

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:51:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Being eaten alive by a toy poodle. The yapping would be un-nerving.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:54:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Anything having to do with Mexican cartels
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:58:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Trapped and burned or trapped and drowned.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top