Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:53:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a ruger p94 in .40.  I can't say it is a great gun nor can I say it would be the first I grab.  I do use it for CCW and I don't really mind the weight.  Jeff Cooper has always said that "a gun is suppose to be comforting, not comfortable".  However, once I get my first AR my next purchase will be a kimber ultra and the ruger will become a paper weight.

For the $$$$ it is a great gun 2,000 rounds + without a hickup and I have no problem hitting beer cans at 15 yards.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:26:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Matt,
I have owned a stainless P90 in .45ACP for several years.  I shot IDPA matches with it until just a few months ago and was completely satisfied with it's performance (I can't hit anything anyway...so it doesn't really matter what I shoot!).  The only mod I made to the pistol was to enhance the sight picture with a bit of glow-in-the-dark paint and put a set of Hogue grips on it.
Like most of the other P-series owners have stated here, the thing is built like a brick, it eats any ammo I put in it and never fails to function.
I have put thousands of rounds through it and it has continued to serve well.  If I ever have to trust my life to a firearm, I would do so with that pistol.
I also own a Sig, a Taurus PT-100 in .40 S&W, and have owned several other models and brands of pistols.  My personal defense and match weapon is now a Walther P-99 in .40 S&W but I still like that Ruger...and truthfully, I am still more accurate with it.  I just haven't got used to the Walther yet.
Bottom line:  Ruger makes fine firearms and those P-series are very good pistols.
[soapbox]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:18:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#4]
"Without the Hogues it feels like a drill motor"  Bwahahaahh!  You got that right.  One drop of sweat on those plastic grips and it was like holding on to a greased stick shift.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:47:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They have the sex appeal, weight and feel of a brick.  
View Quote

Hey what do ya have against bricks? [:D] J/K

I would agree that they don't feel very good in the hand but i can't comment on them otherwise because i have not owned or even shot one before. I like a 1911, but hey - thats just me.
-Bricklayer
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top