BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This time a year ago, I was a full-fledged Glock hater. I still thing they are ugly. But constantly reading about how reliable and accurate they are, made me finally buy one for myself to see. So I bought a Glock 26 and now I love the damned thing.

Hell this time two months ago I was a full fledged glock hater. For the exact same reasons, I made the plunge today...G17 on the way for saturday's shooting!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Because My Glock is more reliable than you *insert any other brand name here*.

Period.  You may find stories of other guns going 2 or 3 or even 4,000 rounds without being cleaned.  Go to The glock forum and look for the thread "glock21 test" or something like that.  You'll NEVER find another gun put through what that one was put through.  No other brand on the planet would stand up to it.  My carry/IPSC/IDPA/USPSA gun is a Glock 22, less than a year old, and has over 30k rounds through it with only 3 light cleanings (brushed bore) and no detailed cleanings.  Not one single hiccup ever.

I just bought my first Glock 22 today! It is now part of the family at home with my G17 andG19.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I am still leaning toward the SIG but again, the price tag is better on the Glock. Honestly, I did not like the composite frame. I kinda like a gun with some weight to it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#4]
The reasons glocKBs are so popular is because the vast majority of people are both cheep and have no taste.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Simply put, they work and are cheap to buy.

As a 1911 owner justinhip, you should understand what dinger is talking about.

I love my 1911's also, but when it comes to working right everytime they can't touch the glock esp for the price.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#6]
They're great, just don't light the fuse.

ETA:

And for good measure, here's my pride and joy

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Markm actually owns a gun?

Wow.

So you just opened an account here last week, eh?

BUSTED!!!

Get the Glock!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't really have an opinion, I just wanted to post cuz I've never seen a thread with three different Montanans posting in it. So I'm number 3.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't really have an opinion, I just wanted to post cuz I've never seen a thread with three different Montanans posting in it. So I'm number 3hr

Isn't that like 25% of the state's population?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't really have an opinion, I just wanted to post cuz I've never seen a thread with three different Montanans posting in it. So I'm number 3.

Isn't that like 25% of the state's population?

HAHA . . . . no it isn't. After the 2000 census we were just over 900,000.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I hated Glocks until I got set staright here at ARFCOM
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

HAHA . . . . no it isn't. After the 2000 census we were just over 900,000.

Man, i gotta move there.  I'm TIRED of living asses and elbows with everyone
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I want to like Glocks.

Really, I do.

But the grip angle, awful trigger and spongy recoil make me go for something else whenever I'm in the market for a new toy...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Glock is my defense pistol.  

I was looking at a Steyr MA-1 .40, they seem pretty good and my friends tell me they're great pistols, and they're even cheaper than a Glock.  You might try to find one around, and check out the Springfield XD too if you're buying on a budget.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1

I prefer the HK USP for a good modern combat handgun. Glocks are good guns, they're just not "for me."
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oh SCHNAPZ! U GOT BEAMZ YO!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I like my Glock 23 because it's simple (easy to break down and clean vs. my old HK USP 45 Compact) and reliable (more than 4,000rds so far without a single failure/jam of any kind). I also like the consistant trigger pull vs DA/SA, and the lack of an external safety (other than the built-in trigger safety).

And the Glock KB people can STFU and stop being DA. All guns can and do KB with bad ammo.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I like my Glock 23 because it's simple (easy to break down and clean vs. my old HK USP 45 Compact) and reliable (more than 4,000rds so far without a single failure/jam of any kind). I also like the consistant trigger pull vs DA/SA, and the lack of an external safety (other than the built-in trigger safety).

And the Glock KB people can STFU and stop being DA. All guns can and do KB with bad ammo.

As a lover of ALL pistols, how in the hell did you have a hard time breaking down an HK USP COmpact?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:30:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a 1911 owner justinhip, you should understand what dinger is talking about.

I love my 1911's also, but when it comes to working right everytime they can't touch the glock esp for the price.

As far as my 1911 (or the beretta) I have never once had a jam or stupid problem. I love the 1911 because it has a thin frame, the frame is the old style so it is straight in the palm of my hand and is just so comfortable to shoot. As far as I am concerned, the 1911's can't be beat. I have heard alot of people haveing problems but thus far, none. I am working on close to 3,000 rounds in mine. While I like the fit and finish of my beretta, I just don't enjoy shooting it all that much. Not sure why. Maybe because it is a wider frame?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:41:32 AM EDT
[#20]
The only tools you will ever require as a glock owner:

Glock, For Work;

And Play.

You just have to be "pro'fessnal enuff".  

Sheep
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top