Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#1]
An extractor that worksfor their G17 and G19.  Get rid of the dip extractor.

It's a huge problem. It creates erratic ejections and in some cases malfunctions.  Glock is aware of the issue and they've made a good move with the new 30274 ejectors, but they've got to ditch the dip extractor and get something like the Apex extractor.

You shouldn't have to buy an extractor from a third party vendor to get a pistol to work as it should out of the box.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
An H&K style mag release and an optional external safety for those that don't have the luxury of carrying in a fitted holster 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Very rarely can you improve on perfection.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#4]
A real safety. Slight change to the G19 grip angle. That's it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have a chinese knock off clone and sell it dirt cheap inn the USA. Glocks are imported anyway so who cares if
Germany gets the short end of the stick. Less money for Euro bailouts.

Glock could start work on a polymer P7. I noticed even the Chicoms cannot clone a P7 or match that level of German engineering.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#6]
8Rd single stack .45
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the groove in the trigger guard. Higher my ring and middle finger is toward the bore axis the better.

Would like to see a legit pocket gun instead of them junky Diamondbacks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#8]

7.62X25 with 33 round mags!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Why do I want to pay extra for marginally better factory sights which I'm going to swap out for Trijis anyway?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#10]
go back to making them like the gen1s, add a fiber optic front sight, 3.5 trigger, extend the takedown lever slightly and a hogue rubber grip thats pushed down low to leave lots of space for your middle finger... if you want to go nuts maybe change the barrel so you can shoot unjacketed ammo and never have to clean it unless you want to...
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
8Rd single stack .45

There ya go !!

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reliable, consistent extraction, no finger grooves, and an interchangeable backstrp for the gen4s with a beavertail.

edit: I like the cheap plastic sights they come with.  Allows them to sell the pistol to me at lower cost so I can install the sights I want.

WAT ??

Out of the nine Glocks I have owned and more than that I have shot I don't ever recall having an extraction issue.

That's nice and I honestly mean that. A notable number of folks who have purchased Gen 3 and 4 G17 and G19 pistols with serial range N,O, P,Q,R,S, and T have had issues. It's the new dip extractor they started to use around October 2010 and it only applies to the Gen 3 and 4. You can go on youtube and watch countless videos of brass to the head or over the shoulder along with malfunctions from the Gen 3 and Gen 4 G17s and G19s.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Have a chinese knock off clone and sell it dirt cheap inn the USA. Glocks are imported anyway so who cares if

Glock could start work on a polymer P7. I noticed even the Chicoms cannot clone a P7 or match that level of German engineering.

That's funny.

First off, Glock is an Austrian company not German. Second, I would never trust my life on a mass produced product made in China when I could have one that was made in Austria.

You think that you just set-up CNC machines and go?  The manufacture of firearms still depends heavily on skilled labor who are experienced and competent.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reliable, consistent extraction, no finger grooves, and an interchangeable backstrp for the gen4s with a beavertail.

edit: I like the cheap plastic sights they come with.  Allows them to sell the pistol to me at lower cost so I can install the sights I want.

WAT ??

Out of the nine Glocks I have owned and more than that I have shot I don't ever recall having an extraction issue.

That's nice and I honestly mean that. A notable number of folks who have purchased Gen 3 and 4 G17 and G19 pistols with serial range N,O, P,Q,R,S, and T have had issues. It's the new dip extractor they started to use around October 2010 and it only applies to the Gen 3 and 4. You can go on youtube and watch countless videos of brass to the head or over the shoulder along with malfunctions from the Gen 3 and Gen 4 G17s and G19s.

Ahh, ok
Mine have all been gen 2 or gen 3 but I haven't bought a new one in five years or so.
Has Glock fixed this issue yet ?

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#15]
My one and only reason is the area in red here

That and I got my M&Ps for $399 no ship no tax w/ $15 transfer

Put over $100 in each to get rid of the crunchies
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Glocks are fantastic pistols and they serve a variety of roles perfectly. This is why more often than not I find myself strapping a Glock to my side rather than another handgun I own. There are some improvements however I would like to be implemented that are not currently. My main problem with Glocks are ergonomics. For me this part of the gun wreaks havok on my middle finger:

http://i.imgur.com/dFQ9y.png

I would much prefer there be no indention. What changes would you like to see be made to current production Glocks?

Nice pig nose. Yours does not apply force to the slide like mine was doing before I boiled it.

Improve the plastic frame, in particular the cheap thin handle and the lower front which bends up.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
8Rd single stack .45

There ya go !!

http://www.coolgunsite.com/comm_pistols/Colt70l.jpg

Not really what I had in mind.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#18]
They should include several thousand rounds of ammo with each pistol...other than that, they're great.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Just the sights, but that's nothing a pair of Mepros or Trijicons can't fix.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Single stack 2nd gen G19 and G26.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I prefer hammers on my pistols
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
8Rd single stack .45

There ya go !!

Is this better?

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
8Rd single stack .45

There ya go !!

Is this better?

http://216.92.165.89/Glock-11.jpg

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Gen 2 grip as standard, single stack G19 version and an option for having the slide milled for optics like FN pistols.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Angle, sights...that metal gets slick when pulling slide back, maybe a different finish.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#26]
steel factory sights and no finger grooves.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Id like a full size, single stack, railed, 9mm.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I REALLY like my G21SF. A LOT.

Having said that, I have added Trijicons, a 3.5lb connector, a OEM extended slide lock, and a grip plug. It was nice when I got it,
but it's perfect now.

It is literally the most reliable .45 I have ever owned.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
16" barrel + shoulder stock.

+1
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#30]
The cost of necessary upgrades is one of the things that keeps me out of
Glocks. By the time you add trigger guard undercut, sights, fulcrum
trigger, tungsten guide rod, grip plug, grip force adapter, and Hogue
HandAll, you could just buy a Sig or HK and be done.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Slide serrations all the way down the slide for improved fragmentation.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WAT ??

Ahh, ok

Mine have all been gen 2 or gen 3 but I haven't bought a new one in five years or so.

Has Glock fixed this issue yet ?

My two older G19s and a G26 have no trouble.  Two newer G19s and a G34 sucked balls until I changed the ejector.  But I shouldn't have to do that.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Thumb safety so my 1911 trained thumb has a job.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A single stack 9mm would be nice for when you need something a little thinner.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#35]
it needs a grip safety.... and the same grip angle as a ruger 22./45.....might as well throw in a thumb safety to attract the more intelligent market base.

also need a non-striker firing fcg....maybe a Browning FCG design would be better suited.

they should mill the slides with less boxy volvo flatdeck aircraft carrier type angles...should be more like a 1911 slide.

You have to put more into a design than mediocre Teutonic effort..... it's like the Bayliner Boat of pistols....  it has released a whole new undesirable element of drooling,  door knob humping, muzzle sweeping, foot shooting, would never get laid laymen into the pistol packing gene pool.

10 bucks says more Glock owners voted for Obama than any other pistol manufacturer.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Fix the ergonomics(grip angle and dimensions), give it a better trigger, and provide the option of a manual safety.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's funny.

First off, Glock is an Austrian company not German. Second, I would never trust my life on a mass produced product made in China when I could have one that was made in Austria.

You think that you just set-up CNC machines and go?  The manufacture of firearms still depends heavily on skilled labor who are experienced and competent.

Yep! More brain fart on my end and I own a Glock 29. Still want a polymer P7 though.
If I were to design it, I'd make it polymer electrically fired, get rid of the linkage and make the squeeze cocker an electric contact safety.  Would still be a quick draw weapon.
Hey Austrian engineers, are you writing this down?

I'd trust my life using a Polytech legend as well as a AR15.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm glad Gaston lives 8000 miles away from this engineering braintrust.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Engineer out the need to to squeeze the trigger prior to disassembly.  Might save a leg or two.

I'm tired of reengineering  or new laws for the sake of morons personally.

I want Yard Darts to be legal.

YES!    I want to build a set of those

I'd go farther than that, sell C4 and grenades in vending machines along with drugs quite capable of causing overdose

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#40]
The extraction issues existed from 2010 until the beginning of last summer when the final parts 'upgrades' were made, including the 30274 ejector.  The old and new Glocks I have are flawless and they get shot frequently.  

I would get rid of the rough grip texture on Gen 4s for IWB carry purposes and get rid of the finger grooves.  Otherwise they have been perfect and I don't care if I drop one of them on the concrete by accident.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Said this since 2004................

5 inch, railed, single stack, 8-9 round (would depend on grip length), .45acp.

And a single stack 9.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#42]
grip angle. If they changed it to something akin to a Hi Power, 1911 or CZ75 I would buy one again. CCF used to make them but they are no longer.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#43]
A little beavertail, I get slide bite.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Integral sight rail on the G20 for a holo sight.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
a 1911  

Don't get me wrong my favorite gun is a 1911. It is easier to shoot faster and more accurately. Ergonomics are flawless. The cartridge is awesome.

However it doesn't hold enough bullets and it costs too much. A Glock is cheap enough that I don't care if it gets muddy or wet so I wear it more often. I also love the finish on Glocks. I don't have to wipe it down 5 times a day to prevent rust. A Glock has its place, but it is by no means perfect. You give me a 1911 that costs $600 that holds 10+ rounds, just as reliable and easy to strip, with a Glock finish and I'm sold.

You just described an HK USP 45.

A used USP 45....but still.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A single stack 9mm would be nice for when you need something a little thinner.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v682/allproblemsolved/gifs/iagree.gif

Have you guys not seen the Walther PPS?  Terrific gun and exactly what you are asking for.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#47]
The only changes I've made to my G23 are night sights (Meps) and I took a dremel to the trigger guard on the right side and under cut it a bit.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The cost of necessary upgrades is one of the things that keeps me out of Glocks. By the time you add trigger guard undercut, sights, fulcrum trigger, tungsten guide rod, grip plug, grip force adapter, and Hogue HandAll, you could just buy a Sig or HK and be done.          

You're trolling, right?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The cost of necessary upgrades is one of the things that keeps me out of Glocks. By the time you add trigger guard undercut, sights, fulcrum trigger, tungsten guide rod, grip plug, grip force adapter, and Hogue HandAll, you could just buy a Sig or HK and be done.          

You're trolling, right?

Check the Glock website. The pistols come bare bones. You have to add all that yourself.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Speaking directly to your photo, I actually made the indentation deeper with a dremel. Fits me 1000000000x times better now.

In a recent SWAT magazine article, they reviewed a customization job performed by (some custom smith) and enlarging the indentation is part of his modification.

Personally, I find the finger grooves to be very comfortable- though I will be the first to admit that my hands/ fingers are fairly thin. When I let people hold/ try my anatomical match grips, my palm shelf is nowhere close to even allowing their hand to fit into the grip.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top