User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Those idiots should be shot.  Were they doing the speed limit?  Sure.  Were they practicing "slower traffic keep right?"  Nope.  

"We were dangerous, but we were obeying the law."  No you weren't you libtard fucker.  Get the hell out of the fast lane if you're gonna go slow.

Calm down.   They were just illustrating how dumb the speed limits are.  Something you should appreciate, rocketboy.

Actually, they were impeding traffic, and causing a dangerous situation on the highway.  I'm not sure of the laws in Georgia, but here in Texas "Slower Traffic Keep Right" is enough to get you a citation for doing a bonehead stunt like these idiots.

I agree with you 100%.  They should do away with the speed limit, but since it is really about revenue, that wouldn't work...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
ive got to tell you...that was an incredibly selfish and self serving asshole maneuver those libtard smartass little pricks pulled. maybe theyve got nothing better to do but you cant fuck with a few hundred people just so you can make a video about how cool you are. WOW, what a protest, we screwed over hundreds of people trying to make appointments, get to work on time, make Jr's little league game.

i hope they felt vindicated knowing how many people they fucked over. thats infurating. i hope someone followed them home and kicked the shit out of them.

Nice to see you support breaking the laws (Speeding).
Own a modified AR too do we?

holy crap tell me your not equating speeding with a felony gun charge...

Or are you one of the people that uses the old saw "if they told you to jump off the cliff would you?"

No, I'm equating breaking the law being a crime. I see some will overlook some crimes but not others. Would you overlook murder? Drunk driving? Rape? Robbery? Pick pocket? What if I steal your cable? Maybe I take a baseball bat to your mailbox?

So, just for the record, tell us what illegal activites your ok with. How about drug use?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I think those kids are a bunch of assholes.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They should have tried that through downtown. There is nothing like driving bumper to bumper at 90mph.

Makes you feel like you're one notch down from the Blue Angels, doesn't it?  

I've ridden on 285 with an actual Blue Angel, and he thinks you're all fucking insane...

SG
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#5]
It's the exact same shit in Miami, except worse.

The speed limit on I-95 through Miami?

70? no

65? no

55? no

...50!?

nope

45 MILES PER HOUR

Not to say that you don't get run the hell over if you arent doing 90, but 45 is just ridiclous.

it's pretty bad when the flow of traffic is DOUBLE what the posted speed limit is.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

ticket them for 'impeding the flow of traffic'

There's a semi-famous local story about that.  The daughter of a prominent preacher here got a ticket for doing just over 70 MPH on I-85 through Atlanta while on the way to Florida.  On the way back she set the cruise for 55 MPH since she got a ticket before.  She was stopped by the same police officer and ticketed for obstructing traffic.  I think her father still tells that story at least once a week.  He still uses that officer as an example of hypocrisy.z

GD Tax Collectors.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So, just for the record, tell us what illegal activites your ok with. How about drug use?

lets see:

Drugs should be legal
MG's should be legal
Speed laws should be "reasonable and prudent" (sp)
gambling should be legal
CC in ALL places should be legal
Drinking age should be 18 "if your old enough to fight your old enough to drink"
shall I go on?

Rape, robbery should all be illegal.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lets see:

Drugs should be legal
MG's should be legal
gambling should be legal
Drinking age should be 18 "if your old enough to fight your old enough to drink"
shall I go on?

GEORGIA FOR PRESIDENT!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:20:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lets see:

Drugs should be legal
MG's should be legal
gambling should be legal
shall I go on?

+eleventy billion.

Those who are smart will have a good time, and those who are retarded will be victims of natural selection
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow, you're a badass

The thought of you owning a gun is a bit scary.

Yet look at your login name:  HRoark!  

My login name has nothing to do with the fact that some idiot who is "not a calm person" and would run someone off the road, probably isn't the safest person to be around when he has a gun.

Would you like me to explain it to you with smaller words?

Easy killer, calm your self down.  Self-control is something YOU need to exercise too.

I think you are both a bunch of hardasses.

Oh, and YOU are going to explain something to ME - in "smaller words?"
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

They did seem to bit a bit pussy.  "Oh my God, I am so nervous".  And "I tried to act like I was on my cell phone so people behind me couldn't get too mad at me".  For some reason that trait stuck out to me with all of them.  DEFINITELY libtards.

Liberal maybe, but a libTARD would never have the brains or intestinal fortitude to actually go out and SHOW that a law was stupid and should be repealed.  A libtard would just try to pass another law banning cars that go over 55 mph, or that have chrome bumpers, or whatever.

Jim
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Actually, they were impeding traffic, and causing a dangerous situation on the highway.  I'm not sure of the laws in Georgia, but here in Texas "Slower Traffic Keep Right" is enough to get you a citation for doing a bonehead stunt like these idiots.

If none of them were going less than the speed limit, then they weren't "slower traffic", were they?

Those signs can't POSSIBLY be intended to regulate illegal speeding traffic, can they?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#14]
That was great.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lets see:

Drugs should be legal
MG's should be legal
gambling should be legal
shall I go on?

GEORGIA FOR PRESIDENT!

So far I'm liking the platform too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#16]
t__________a_______gggggg
ttttt______a_a______gg
t________a___a_____gg___gggg
t_______a_aa__a____gg_____gg
ttttt____a_______a____ggggggggg
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Some of you guys need to flush the sand out of your pussies.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Those idiots should be shot.  Were they doing the speed limit?  Sure.  Were they practicing "slower traffic keep right?"  Nope.  

"We were dangerous, but we were obeying the law."  No you weren't you libtard fucker.  Get the hell out of the fast lane if you're gonna go slow.

Calm down.   They were just illustrating how dumb the speed limits are.  Something you should appreciate, rocketboy.

I agree with you 100%.  They should do away with the speed limit, but since it is really about revenue, that wouldn't work...

I got BLASTED by the JBT's on this site a few months ago when I ranted because I got a ticket doing 69 in a 50 on a rural 4 lane divided highway with no other cars in sight. I wasnt mad at the cop, I was mad at the assinine speed limit.My thread

The speed limits in this country cause many more deaths than they prevent in the current way they are set and enforced. Too bad it will never change, all our politicians care about is the $.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#19]
German Autobahn,

LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING.    Not for sitting in it all goddamn day and forcing traffic to move around you or worse having to pass on the right.

If we instituted something similar here, that the left lane remain open on freeways(many here in Ca. are 3-4 lanes) such that it was just a passing lane most of the headaches would likely disappear.

But it would never work because people aren't considerate enough to fucking clue into such a concept.   They'd think it was their own personal "drive any speed you wish" lane and do things that make other drivers wish they could drive by Days of Thunder rules where "rubbin is racing".

I go absolutely bonkers when traffic is tied up for several miles all because some asshole who moves over to the left lane and just soaks it up.    Especially when the dimwitted piece of shit does it on a hill where his car can't even make it up the grade going the speed limit and forces all the traffic behind him to slow way the hell down because he can't move the fuck over.

At what point do these fuckers get a clue if ever?    Is it after the first 2-3 cars that tail gate them and then furiously pass on the right only to hop back in front of them while giving the middle finger?    Or does it take some kind of more deliberate and violent action that causes them to self moderate their self centered behavior.

For the sake of those self righteous asshats who made the video, I hope they try to impose their will on somebody else in a setting where cars moving at 50-70mph aren't involved.   Maybe they will get their face bashed in and it will teach them some humility.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
But it would never work because people aren't considerate enough to fucking clue into such a concept.   They'd think it was their own personal "drive any speed you wish" lane and do things that make other drivers wish they could drive by Days of Thunder rules where "rubbin is racing".

I go absolutely bonkers when traffic is tied up for several miles all because some asshole who moves over to the left lane and just soaks it up.    Especially when the dimwitted piece of shit does it on a hill where his car can't even make it up the grade going the speed limit and forces all the traffic behind him to slow way the hell down because he can't move the fuck over.

At what point do these fuckers get a clue if ever?    Is it after the first 2-3 cars that tail gate them and then furiously pass on the right only to hop back in front of them while giving the middle finger?    Or does it take some kind of more deliberate and violent action that causes them to self moderate their self centered behavior.

For the sake of those self righteous asshats who made the video, I hope they try to impose their will on somebody else in a setting where cars moving at 50-70mph aren't involved.   Maybe they will get their face bashed in and it will teach them some humility.

I've often wondered this same thing myself.  That is, until I realize how truly fucking self-absorbed most people are these days.  And that's IF they are not on their precious cell phone.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same law in Georgia. Hell they even post it on signs on the side of the road.

I was in texas a few years back and was REALLY impressed with people and driving there. If you were on a 2 lane road going faster than another person EVEN if you slowed down and followed at a very respectable gap "8 sec" they would roll over on the side of the road and allow people to pass. And this was a constant thing. Blew my mind repeatedly.

That may be what the law says but driving in Atlanta in a nutshell is "It's a Free for All"
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was in texas a few years back and was REALLY impressed with people and driving there. If you were on a 2 lane road going faster than another person EVEN if you slowed down and followed at a very respectable gap "8 sec" they would roll over on the side of the road and allow people to pass. And this was a constant thing. Blew my mind repeatedly.

That may be what the law says but driving in Atlanta in a nutshell is "It's a Free for All"

That's how it was in Colorado until this state got Californicated.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#23]
During "rush" hour on that loop, you are lucky to top out at 25mph. Bumper-to-bumper...ugh.

As for that video, I thought it was hilarious. That pack of cars behind theme was poetry in motion.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I hate driving in Atlanta.  Last time I was down there, I was heading from Norcross into town on 85.  Sunday morning around 11AM.  I was doing 70.  This old lady in a Lincoln passed me doing at least 90.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought it was illegal for cars to drive side by side at the same speed impeding traffic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They weren't "impeding" traffic if they were going the speed limit, just impeding speeders.

My point is is that I think it is illegal to drive the same speed side by side blocking traffic. I remeber reading an article about that in the paper several years ago which pointed out that people who take it upon themselves to drive in the fast lane at a certain speed to slow down traffic are actualy doing something illegal. You know who I am talking about, the jackasses that sit in the left lane and pace another car so that they can inforce the speed limit. I call them the keeper of the speed. Do gooders that take it upon themselves to regulate the highway.

Some people wrote letters to the editor in my parents' hometown suggesting people do just that (Rt 2/4 in Calvert County, if you're from MD) because people regularly go ~65-70 on the 55mph road, the state cops AND the Sheriff wrote in saying that was just plain stupid. They pointed out that delaying traffic on that road (the only road that connects the entire county north/south) would delay emergency services and the individuals would be ticketed for doing so.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I hate driving in Atlanta.  Last time I was down there, I was heading from Norcross into town on 85.  Sunday morning around 11AM.  I was doing 70.  This old lady in a Lincoln passed me doing at least 90.  

I drive 80 to 85 up there, I routinely get passed by cars doing well in excess of 100 mph.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#28]
That was freaking awesome, however I would be beating the wheel and cursing for sure.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#29]
This strikes a nerve with me in a similar vein to something I have happen to me around town every now and then.

Ever been driving around town and you are coming up on an intersection to make a right on red, there are several cars ahead of you in the right lane but because you are driving a midsized car/truck you can split the distance between the cars and the curb to make it up to the corner and make your turn.

Well, every so often while I'm managing to split the lane to get up to the front to make a right on red, some dumb fuck in a car pulls over to cut me off and keep me bottled up behind them.    ALMOST ALWAYS TURNS OUT TO BE SOME SELF RIGHTEOUS CUNT OF A SOCCER MOM.

One time I scoot by with PLENTY of room between my car and the curb, like a foot on either side with no rubbing of tires against the curb.    I get by and the bitch honks at me and flips me off, she's clearly pissed.

AND IT IS LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA TO SPLIT A LANE!

Another time a woman wound up pulling over just enough so that I couldn't get by.   Won't discuss the exchange we had when I pulled along side of her but her smug "I'm holier than thou" smile on her face would have likely gotten her shot should she had tried it in more shady parts of town where people don't play nice(and certainly have a low tolerance of prettied up white women being cunts).

It's these kind of people who are the cause for road rage and escalate things towards violence all because they see the need to subject others to their will.    Good thing these people aren't cops.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

So the left lane should be reserved for the exclusive use of people who are breaking the law?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
This strikes a nerve with me in a similar vein to something I have happen to me around town every now and then.

Ever been driving around town and you are coming up on an intersection to make a right on red, there are several cars ahead of you in the right lane but because you are driving a midsized car/truck you can split the distance between the cars and the curb to make it up to the corner and make your turn.

Well, every so often while I'm managing to split the lane to get up to the front to make a right on red, some dumb fuck in a car pulls over to cut me off and keep me bottled up behind them.    ALMOST ALWAYS TURNS OUT TO BE SOME SELF RIGHTEOUS CUNT OF A SOCCER MOM.

One time I scoot by with PLENTY of room between my car and the curb, like a foot on either side with no rubbing of tires against the curb.    I get by and the bitch honks at me and flips me off, she's clearly pissed.

Another time a woman wound up pulling over just enough so that I couldn't get by.   Won't discuss the exchange we had when I pulled along side of her but her smug "I'm holier than thou" smile on her face would have likely gotten her shot should she had tried it in more shady parts of town where people don't play nice(and certainly have a low tolerance of prettied up white women being cunts).

It's these kind of people who are the cause for road rage and escalate things towards violence all because they see the need to subject others to their will.    Good thing these people aren't cops.

If an automobile causes you so much anger that you would do bodily harm to someone, I suggest you go get some Prozac!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#32]
tag
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
 That's just to funny.

I would love for that to happen around the Washington DC beltway.

they did that about 8 or 9 years ago, every driver got ticketed for reckless driving and impeading traffic. they all took the tickets to court and "only" where found guilty of the impeading traffic
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If an automobile causes you so much anger that you would do bodily harm to someone, I suggest you go get some Prozac!

No, what I was trying to illustrate is how STUPID FUCKS manage to do things that will cause any person to get angry.   And depending on what said stupid fucks do to purposely piss off the people around them the chances of their luck running out is pretty good.   They may wind up doing it to the wrong person and getting themselves killed when that person snaps.

All because they were too smug and self absorbed to get over themselves.

You'd think with the hysteria out there concerning guns and gun violence, if it's anything like the media  tries to portray it to be, people would be a little bit more considerate and not force the world to revolve around them.

And here a group of people went out and purposely played games with people on the freeway, a place where the odds are very high that somebody is going to be irrational and do something stupid putting lives in danger.    I've run into this kind of behavior in the past and simply recounted a few of my experiences of people trying to go out and play traffic cop or purposely be a thorn in people's sides.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I got BLASTED by the JBT's on this site a few months ago when I ranted because I got a ticket doing 69 in a 50 on a rural 4 lane divided highway with no other cars in sight. I wasnt mad at the cop, I was mad at the assinine speed limit.My thread

i remember the thread and the bashing, i will make a simple statement " any cop on here who says these people should be ticketed, and still rights a ticket for some one going with or near the flow of traffic weither they are speeding or not can kiss my ass and should stfu "
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I drive 80 to 85 up there, I routinely get passed by cars doing well in excess of 100 mph.

Well, I drive 90 when I'm in Atlanta and I get passed by cars going 110 mph.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#37]
You know it's bad when you're running hot to an emergency, lights and sirens, pedal to the metal and you get passed by granny in a 'Lac doing 110...  BTDT  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#38]
That video just got added to my favorites
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I thought it was illegal for cars to drive side by side at the same speed impeding traffic.

They weren't "impeding" traffic if they were going the speed limit, just impeding speeders.

Suggest you read up on the definition of "impeding the normal flow of traffic".  I bet you think that "slower traffic keep right" doesn't apply if you ar doing the speed limit, huh.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

This video reminds me why I'll never leave Savannah for ATL.

Lived there for 6 years.  Got used to the slower pace of life in general.  Took me a while to get up to speed, literally, when I moved back up here.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#41]
the loop in Atlanta is also known as the Watermelon 500.  The locals would understand that !

And on a side note, Atlanta is one of the only places I have ever been that judges distance by time and not miles.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They should have tried that through downtown. There is nothing like driving bumper to bumper at 90mph.

Makes you feel like you're one notch down from the Blue Angels, doesn't it?  

I always felt more like a kamikaze pilot. I do enjoy the rush you get from leaving an onramp doing 85, knowing that you are going to get into traffic safely or die.

Getting on to I85 South from the Winder exit yesterday, this clown would not move over and there was no one to his left.  He also kept increasing his speed.  He didn't like it one bit when I goosed the RX7 Turbo and entered ahead of him, with plenty of room to spare, at about 110.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the left lane should be reserved for the exclusive use of people who are breaking the law?

Yes.  In most states it is clearly outlined in the driver's manuals that the left lane is for passing, period.  Only inconsiderate assholes just cruise along in that lane.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#44]
285 sure is fun
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  In most states it is clearly outlined in the driver's manuals that the left lane is for passing, period.  Only inconsiderate assholes just cruise along in that lane.

See the problem?  The driver manual has a conflicting message.  You're not allowed to speed, but you're not allowed to use the left lane except for passing.  To pass you have to speed.  Therefore the left lane becomes the domain of lawbreakers only.  The speeding laws need to be changed, the limits are nuts.  

Fellow RX-7 driver eh?

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#46]
ya know.....I get the feeling that if the speed limit on highways was raised to 100 mph......folks would then be driving 110 mph.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
See the problem?  The driver manual has a conflicting message.  You're not allowed to speed, but you're not allowed to use the left lane except for passing.  To pass you have to speed.  Therefore the left lane becomes the domain of lawbreakers only.  The speeding laws need to be changed, the limits are nuts.  

You are trying to combine the two which are mutually exclusive.

Point one- The speed limit is set.

Point two- The left lane is the passing lane/ Slower traffic move right.

Two Examples which both cancel out your problem

1) The person in the far right lane is doing the interstate minimum, 40MPH. Passing him can easily be done well below the posted maximum speed limit.

2) Speedometers vary from vehicle to vehicle. Yours shows you are doing the legal limit of X, mine shows I am doing the legal limt of X, I am going 1-2 MPH faster than you.

Either way, some things, like air and gravity are like that just because. The rule is, the left lane is the passing lane, the right lane is for slower traffic. AFAIK, in most states the regulations are found in two seperate statues, one regards speed, another regards proper lane useage.

Two totally seperate issues.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#48]
They should be shot.

This is the only way to drive through a loop in Atlanta:

lurl]videos.onestopwebhosting.com/Videos/GeneralLee.mpeg
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#49]
tag for later.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#50]
My grandmother died while trying to get to the hospital behind these guys...

The Ambulance could not get through traffic...  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top