page 2 shoots dogs and fabricates reports
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Officer went home safely.

Thus, fulfilling his job description.
Officver safety like a mofo  #!!!!11111111       to the top Boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

its like the cop role call. Someone with a clipboard says "Is everyone safe"
- everyone raises hand but the dead boy and girl who died on the way to hospital-
Then the guy with the clipboard says "keep up the good work"
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

$1,000 fine

I'm kind of torn on this.

I know they didn't mean to do it, but you can't just shoot guns willy nilly and whenever something happens say "oops. That was an accident".

The fine is an insult.

Why can't they sentence them to 2 years in jail? They wouldn't do all of it, and they could get an expungement.

....$1,000 fine

Do you really think you would go to jail for the same thing?  Very doubtful.  I know a numb nuts that ran a stop sign and killed a off-duty fireman.  He did not do any jail time since there was no alcohol involved.  He received a ticket and his insurance paid out to the family.  This shooting was a tragic accident and the LEO in question used extremely poor judgement.  I agree they shouldn't be a cop anymore, but jail time is a bit extreme.

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]
i was post certified. my family is full of leos. if this happened to my boy, someone would pay. i dont care the circumstances or the consequenses. pure and simple.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Two pages. Five locks. Three time-outs. Two permabans. One blue line.

Oh yeah? I missed that one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Was the kid driving a Maxima?  I remember something like that back in the day when I was on maxima.org  

Eclipse I think

sure it was a set up but the cop fell right into it

found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyFXNcKjqdg

Things like this really get my blood boiling.

And to think that in some states, not only would that kid have been arrested on some fake bs charges by this mini hitler, but he would have been charged with felony wire tapping.

Anyone know what happened with this "cop".
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was the kid driving a Maxima? I remember something like that back in the day when I was on maxima.org

Eclipse I think

found it

Things like this really get my blood boiling.

And to think that in some states, not only would that kid have been arrested on some fake bs charges by this mini hitler, but he would have been charged with felony wire tapping.

Anyone know what happened with this "cop".

Not nearly enough.

And, you should not have put the word cop in quotes.  He was a cop, pure and simple –– no connotation, just an ordinary cop.

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
i will play this game of  " what ever happened to  _____ "  "or where are they now..   ? "

the cop that was caught on tape being a Dick.. by a kid with a camera on the headrest i think it was  ?

video is of the kid in a parking lot at night ..  cop blocks his car and starts the show..

i forget the place but some cop here was comparing it to warzone.  

ive wondered what Dept he is working for now.

Is that the one that said paraphrasing  

you fuck with me and Ill make up so much shit you'll never get out of prison?
none will believe a 16 year old punk but everyone will believe a police officer
or better yet Ill say ya grabbed for my gun

Was the kid driving a Maxima?  I remember something like that back in the day when I was on maxima.org  

You too huh? :-)

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
$1,000 fine

I know they didn't mean to do it, but you can't just shoot guns willy nilly and whenever something happens say "oops. That was an accident".

The fine is an insult.

Why can't they sentence them to 2 years in jail? They wouldn't do all of it, and they could get an expungement.

....$1,000 fine

Do you really think you would go to jail for the same thing?  Very doubtful.  I know a numb nuts that ran a stop sign and killed a off-duty fireman.  He did not do any jail time since there was no alcohol involved.  He received a ticket and his insurance paid out to the family.  This shooting was a tragic accident and the LEO in question used extremely poor judgement.  I agree they shouldn't be a cop anymore, but jail time is a bit extreme.

Yes. I do think I would go to jail for the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
$1,000 fine

The fine is an insult.

....$1,000 fine

A guy in So. AL shot his best friends 7 yr old son in the head (dead) while his dad was holding his hand walking to the best friends treestand at dusk thinking he was a deer.

No charges.

If that's not an isolated incident, then I stand corrected.
I would think I would be in a world of shit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A guy in So. AL shot his best friends 7 yr old son in the head (dead) while his dad was holding his hand walking to the best friends treestand at dusk thinking he was a deer.

No charges.

If that's not an isolated incident, then I stand corrected.

I would think I would be in a world of shit.
there has been a handful of hunting accidents around here over the years none I can recall ended up in jail time

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:12:58 PM EDT
[#14]
anybody got a link to archive of that maxima/camera/dumb cop thread?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:12:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No charges.

So the LEOs were hunting snakes?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:42:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eclipse I think

found it

is this real or fake,i haven't seen it before

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$1,000 fine

The fine is an insult.

....$1,000 fine

No charges.

i used to be an avid deer hunter and have always contended that these kind of hunting accidents should be prosecuted
i see no excuse for (i thought it was a deer).

as to the subject of the leo shooting the child my guess is that individual will be scarred for life but i do think there should have been a stiffer punishment,certainly commensurate with what a civilian would get

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:36:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Saw this tonight...I figured it was worth a click

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-medical-examiner-rules-hunters-death-a-homicide/article/3491675?custom_click=headlines_widget

Oklahoma medical examiner rules hunter's death a homicide

The Oklahoma medical examiner has ruled a Hartshorne hunter's death a homicide, but the Latimer County district attorney still must decide if the fatal shooting merits criminal charges. The victim's widow says her husband and the shooter were "the best of friends."

WILBURTON — The widow of a Hartshorne man who was killed while deer hunting with a friend said Friday her husband's death was an accident and she doesn't want charges filed.

The death of John A. Morgan, 44, has been ruled a homicide by the state medical examiner's office, spokeswoman Cherokee Ballard said.

Morgan was shot and killed Oct. 24 while hunting with Jack Zearley in the Gowen Mountain area. Investigators said Zearley, 70, fired a high-powered rifle at a deer that was between the two men.

"I feel like it was an accident," Dana Morgan said of her husband's death. "They were the best of friends."

Zearley has neither been arrested nor charged. He does not have a published telephone number and was unavailable for comment.

Morgan said she told the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation she didn't want charges filed against Zearley.

"Filing charges against him would be a tragedy upon a tragedy," Morgan said.

OSBI spokeswoman Jessica Brown declined to release investigation specifics. She said the OSBI report was given to the district attorney's office.

Jeff Smith, Latimer County district attorney, said the legal definition of homicide is when one person inflicts a fatal wound on another person. The circumstances surrounding the death make it either accidental or intentional and determine whether charges are filed, Smith said.

Smith said the incident is under review and no decision has been made on whether charges will be filed in the death.

The shooting has been very hard on Zearley, Morgan said. She said he stops by her home often to check on the family.

"He has no family around here, so when I cook dinner I always make sure I fix him a plate," Morgan said.

A state Wildlife Conservation Department spokesman said that at the time of the shooting, the men had no hunting licenses and weren't wearing hunter safety clothing. They were hunting during a season open only for archery and muzzleloading firearms.

Morgan said she didn't know why her husband didn't have his hunting license or why he wasn't wearing a hunter's vest.

"He was an avid hunter," Morgan said. "He knew all the rules."

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:38:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

a quick google brings up this blog post from 2008

According to James Haley, the idiots will be fined $1000, lose their law enforcement license, and will be put on probation. No jail time will be served, and most appalling of all, after two years have passed, they will be able under Oklahoma law to have the offense expunged from their records. This means that they could return to a position in law enforcement.

I cannot vouch for the veracity of the info.

Sounds right.  What was the names of the officers?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Haley said sentencing for Paul Bradley Rogers, 34, and Robert Shawn Richardson, 29, would be deferred for two years in exchange for them entering guilty pleas. The men also would be fined $1,000 each and ordered to forfeit their state law enforcement certifications, he said.

Assistant District Attorney David Brockman declined to confirm that an offer has been made in the cases.

"

I can't find anything on Rogers in the court database.  Which means he has probably already been expunged.

Richardson's still shows up.  And it shows he completed his probabtion.

First page of PC Affadavit.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/getimage.tif?submitted=true&casemasterid=389139&db=CLEVELAND&barcode=1005521916
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:00:46 AM EDT
[#22]
O

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup.

what ever happened to him ?

im curious.

can anyone find out..    we really do need a "where are they now " on this guy..  

ill bet one team membership he is employed somewhere else as a cop now..

< ill donate the membership friday and staff can give it to who ever they want to >

I think it's safe to say he will not be a cop anymore.

Dear god is it scary to think this guy actually had a gun and a badge.

I fully understand that some fall through the cracks, this is totally absurd.

I think that cluster don't need to pay up.  He was right, his timing was just off a little.  The guy was a cop after getting earlier crap expunged and erased.  Fuck.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:08:34 AM EDT
[#23]
This is the first iv'e heard of this story, breaks my damn heart. I see/hear of a lot of cops who just because their a cop think their pro shooters. Even though many of them never touched a gun prior to academy. Seems they didn't observe "know your target and whats behind it."
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Eclipse I think

found it

That's the first time I've seen that

This is why I'm a "cop hater". It's not because I dislike cops (although the few times where I have interacted with the cops were mostly events where I was the victim, and no police work was done other than a report). It is because there are just enough bad cops out there for people to have to watch there backs when interacting with the police. It is sad when people have a fear of those whose job it is to protect them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Put a round through an apartment accidentally in Maricopa County and they will try to send you to prison for a minimum of 1.5 years. Max sentence is 3 years.

Thats without injury.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to James Haley, the idiots will be fined $1000, lose their law enforcement license, and will be put on probation. No jail time will be served, and most appalling of all, after two years have passed, they will be able under Oklahoma law to have the offense expunged from their records. This means that they could return to a position in law enforcement.

The person who owned the land told the officers to shoot the snake. The officer I'm sure did not want to kill that boy. Money says that Officers going to be haunted for life, no sane man or woman would

want to murder an innocent human being. I think firing him is a bad idea, even though this is a tragedy. I know if it was me in those officers shoes it would be hard to live with myself if something like that

happened.

That warmed my fucking heart.

You too?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:08:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'd like to know the outcome of the old dude in Florida that shot the off duty cop Federal Officer who had a road rage issue.

old man was a CCW holder, officer had his kid in the car, showed agression, old guy tried to get away, off duty cop persued was fired upon,

"course of events"

there appears to be NO verdict on the internet anywhere indictment from the grand jury for manslaughter, with a 10000 bail(seems pretty low) , but I cannot find any conviction or aquittal.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:31:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The person who owned the land told the officers to shoot the snake. The officer I'm sure did not want to kill that boy. Money says that Officers going to be haunted for life, no sane man or woman would

want to murder an innocent human being. I think firing him is a bad idea, even though this is a tragedy. I know if it was me in those officers shoes it would be hard to live with myself if something like that

happened.

That warmed my fucking heart.

You too?

Heck, now I feel worse for the cop than for the 5 year old that was out fishing with his grandpa. I mean, he has to live with this.

Fortunately for all of us, this was just an isolated incident.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:40:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have to agree with this. The cops do things in their line of work that is often times more risky than a day of a normal person, and sometimes accidents truly happen. The problem comes when a cop get a lesser punishment than a non-cop would. Personally, I think that the courts strive to make someone liable for everything bad that happens, even when someone should not be liable. The problem here is the courts, and the leniency towards police; not the police themselves. If it had not been a cop, manslaughter charges would probably be in order.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:50:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to agree with this. The cops do things in their line of work that is often times more risky than a day of a normal person, and sometimes accidents truly happen. The problem comes when a cop get a lesser punishment than a non-cop would. Personally, I think that the courts strive to make someone liable for everything bad that happens, even when someone should not be liable. The problem here is the courts, and the leniency towards police; not the police themselves. If it had not been a cop, manslaughter charges would probably be in order.

Violating the four rules isn't an accident. It's negligence. The fact that the cop had a gun and a badge (and presumably training) to back this horrible decision up makes it that much worse.

Cops are granted this responsibility as part of their job and therefore must be held to a higher standard than the general populace. You don't want the responsibility? Don't sign on for the ride.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:39:36 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Count # 1.

Count as Filed: HM2, MANSLAUGHTER II IN CONC W/ P. ROGERS , in violation of 21 O.S. 711-715

Date Of Offense: 08/03/2007

Party Name:Disposition Information:

Defendant: Richardson, Robert Shawn

Disposed: DEFERRED, 03/31/2008. Nolo Contendere Plea.

Count as Disposed:MANSLAUGHTER II IN CONC W/ P. ROGERS (HM2)

Violation of 21 O.S. 711-715

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:34:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

happened.

Wow just wow!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

found it

He didn't fall into anything. He charged headfirst.

That officer represents some of the worst corruption out there. Not only did he threaten to destroy somebody with made-up bullshit, he was incompetent, too (claimed the kid didn't use his directional when in fact the kid did).

What happened to this prick?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FYI, thats exactly what the FTO in this case was charged with.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#35]
All I want to know is if the cop was allowed to go on vacation after the shooting?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Eclipse I think

found it

That cop KNEW he was FUCKED as soon as he saw the video camera attached to the seat!!

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

happened.

and?

So If cops come to my property and I ask them to shoot some critters they will do so even if it is an unsafe thing to do? No.
Shooting at a snake up in a tree seems to me an obvious stupid thing to do. Something I would have though an officer of the law that is issued a firearm might have been aware of.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
i will play this game of  " what ever happened to  _____ "  "or where are they now..   ? "

the cop that was caught on tape being a Dick.. by a kid with a camera on the headrest i think it was  ?

video is of the kid in a parking lot at night ..  cop blocks his car and starts the show..

i forget the place but some cop here was comparing it to warzone.  

ive wondered what Dept he is working for now.

Is that the one that said paraphrasing  

you fuck with me and Ill make up so much shit you'll never get out of prison?
none will believe a 16 year old punk but everyone will believe a police officer
or better yet Ill say ya grabbed for my gun

I remember that. The kid was transmitting the video offsite so the cop couldn't confiscate it. Smart move.

Every encounter between officers and citizens should be on video. It'll help protect the innocent party, whichever party that happens to be.

unfortunately some states have law against filming cops, maybe recording as well...?
States that obviously support corruption in law enforcement.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

happened.

and?

So If cops come to my property and I ask them to shoot some critters they will do so even if it is an unsafe thing to do? No.
Shooting at a snake up in a tree seems to me an obvious stupid thing to do. Something I would have though an officer of the law that is issued a firearm might have been aware of.

The quote that you are referring to is not clear..the property owner NEXT DOOR called the cops about the snake..when the cops shot at the snake the bullet left that property..the victim's family had no clue

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Eclipse I think

found it

damn, there is a guy who is unfit for any position of authority.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and?

The quote that you are referring to is not clear..the property owner NEXT DOOR called the cops about the snake..when the cops shot at the snake the bullet left that property..the victim's family had no clue

yeah, it appears there is more to the story, but shooting at a snake up in a tree is a stupid idea and the outcome proves just why that is.
and if they are going to shoot snakes.. get some snake shot.

terrible story all the way around, the kind of thing that scares the shit out of me as a shooter. a round going off missing the backstop, ricocheting, nd etc.. and hitting something or even someone...

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#42]
For the record.
Bad shoot, officer should be charged with involuntary manslaughter or negligent homicide and be tried. If found guilty, should do the requisite time in prison.
Stupid hurts, and it should.

pato
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and?

yeah, it appears there is more to the story, but shooting at a snake up in a tree is a stupid idea and the outcome proves just why that is.
and if they are going to shoot snakes.. get some snake shot.

Yup...years later its still breaks my heart...could you imagine fishing with your 5 year old Grandkid at the family pond just chattin away about life... then you look up and he's got a hole on his forehead??

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

happened.

Holy fuck.  That cop had the WORST sense of judgement.  Snake + AR15 DOES NOT EQUAL a good shoot.  He killed someone with a rifle instead of killing a snake with a stick.  Of course he should be fired.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They would if they followed the judge's jury instructions.

That was a textbook case of manslaughter.

voluntary vs involuntary?  What are the sentencing guidelines?  I'm guessing anything from probation to 10 years depending on the circumstances.

Brian
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

No jury would have convicted them.

If this is true, then why plea bargain?

bingo.

Pure tragedy any way you turn it, but I still feel that incidents like this just create a wider riff between leo's and the populous. I assure you that if the role was reversed, or actually if the shooter wasn't leo that the outcome would have been vastly different.

Ever time I see statements like this it drives me insane.

Google, news, "Accidental shooting". Notice the vast majority of those shootings that involve criminal charges have the following traits: playing with gun, alcohol and/or drugs or allowing a minor access to a firearm. Very few true accidental shootings have charges attached that do not involved the previous issues.

Don't be too sure...We had a incident a few years ago up here...father had an ND and it killed his daughter.....guess where he still is.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Saw this tonight...I figured it was worth a click

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-medical-examiner-rules-hunters-death-a-homicide/article/3491675?custom_click=headlines_widget

Oklahoma medical examiner rules hunter's death a homicide

The Oklahoma medical examiner has ruled a Hartshorne hunter's death a homicide, but the Latimer County district attorney still must decide if the fatal shooting merits criminal charges. The victim's widow says her husband and the shooter were "the best of friends."

WILBURTON — The widow of a Hartshorne man who was killed while deer hunting with a friend said Friday her husband's death was an accident and she doesn't want charges filed.

The death of John A. Morgan, 44, has been ruled a homicide by the state medical examiner's office, spokeswoman Cherokee Ballard said.

Morgan was shot and killed Oct. 24 while hunting with Jack Zearley in the Gowen Mountain area. Investigators said Zearley, 70, fired a high-powered rifle at a deer that was between the two men.

"I feel like it was an accident," Dana Morgan said of her husband's death. "They were the best of friends."

Zearley has neither been arrested nor charged. He does not have a published telephone number and was unavailable for comment.

Morgan said she told the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation she didn't want charges filed against Zearley.

"Filing charges against him would be a tragedy upon a tragedy," Morgan said.

OSBI spokeswoman Jessica Brown declined to release investigation specifics. She said the OSBI report was given to the district attorney's office.

Jeff Smith, Latimer County district attorney, said the legal definition of homicide is when one person inflicts a fatal wound on another person. The circumstances surrounding the death make it either accidental or intentional and determine whether charges are filed, Smith said.

Smith said the incident is under review and no decision has been made on whether charges will be filed in the death.

The shooting has been very hard on Zearley, Morgan said. She said he stops by her home often to check on the family.

"He has no family around here, so when I cook dinner I always make sure I fix him a plate," Morgan said.

A state Wildlife Conservation Department spokesman said that at the time of the shooting, the men had no hunting licenses and weren't wearing hunter safety clothing. They were hunting during a season open only for archery and muzzleloading firearms.

Morgan said she didn't know why her husband didn't have his hunting license or why he wasn't wearing a hunter's vest.

"He was an avid hunter," Morgan said. "He knew all the rules."

Do you know the definition of homicide?

What point were you trying to make by posting this article?

Brian

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#48]
VoodooChile -
I can only imagine, we have lost some children in my extended family but not like that.
Even though they (cops) got off light. If they have any conscience at all (and I assume they do) this will haunt them until their dying day.

AllserviceBilliards-

they used an AR for the snake? where did you see that? I just assumed they used their sidearms...
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
For the record.
Bad shoot, officer should be charged with involuntary manslaughter or negligent homicide and be tried. If found guilty, should do the requisite time in prison.

pato

Would Joe Civilian be charged with manslaughter or negligent homicide under the same circumstances?

I agree it's an incredibly bad decision but I'm not sure jail/prison time would be warranted regardless of the shooters occupation.

Brian
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the record.

pato

Would Joe Civilian be charged with manslaughter or negligent homicide under the same circumstances?

I agree it's an incredibly bad decision but I'm not sure jail/prison time would be warranted regardless of the shooters occupation.

Brian

why wouldn't they?  Do you not know the meaning or definitions of the terms?  It wouldn't be capital murder son.  Even if you kill someone accidentally, its still your fault, your actions ended someone life gotta face the penalty.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top