Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#1]
People who condemn a Gun Manufacturer when the owner has been dead for 20 years.

If you wanted to apply the logic in that theme, then:

Glock - Made in Austria, Austria supported Nazi's
FN - Made P-38 for Nazi's
Sig - Sig Sauer is in Germany, Germany was Nazi's
S&W- had the Clinton Agreement

You will always find something, you just have to get over it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Compromise.
View Quote

The biggest killer in us vs us and us vs them.

I bet 25% or more of this site believes in the NFA.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#3]
People who bash gun owners who exercise their rights, i.e. open carry groups.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Compromise.

I believe its a reality. I believe its wrong!
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Compromise.

When I first joined, it was probably 1%. Lots of talk of non-compliance, too if things got too badly for us.

Now I'd say 25% is pretty fair, and lots of AROCKS and collaborators.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Guys who don't recognize or won't admit they don't know everything about guns, gear, training, and tactics. I don't know whether this is due to ego, insecurity, or simply stupidity.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#7]
People that think whatever gun they have is the best one and all others suck
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#8]
people that describe every trigger pull break known to man as "crisp"...hate that word.  Idiots
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

prefer them to fudds honestly. they'll grow out of it.

Fudds get you NY safe act.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call of Duty kids that think the gimmicky bullshit is useful

prefer them to fudds honestly. they'll grow out of it.

Fudds get you NY safe act.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm young, but been into guns before i even hit double digits. (I still remember this place when I had a old gateway in 2002 ) But there's just some things that makes me mad about the American  gun community like -

Discrimination
View Quote

I'm guessing from your screen name and description of events that your skin is some shade of brown. I must say, as a pasty pink fellow, that I encounter more racists when around gun shops and events than in general everyday life. I don't think it's because gun ownership is racist, I think it's because racists like to feel powerful and therefore gravitate to guns. There is also a strange, oddly flexible culture of "live and let live" in the gun community that gives casual racism a pass (for good or ill) that you don't get in less conservative or traditional communities.

I think it's a problem, but it's better to have it blatantly visible than veiled and coded like in other parts of modern society.

Fudds
View Quote

Oh, hell yes. This is where the "live and let live" stuff goes out the window. Overheard at the range (in a very disapproving tone): "There was a group of young guys here last week, and they came up with an arsenal. Ah mean, they just had all these assault rifles and things. I watched them just shoot for like two hours and then just leave."

Seriously, you old coot? I was out there that day with my dad. We had brought a 10/22, couple of milsurps, and a couple pistols. He would have had a coronary had I been out there with some of my other buddies (or if Dad and I had felt like shooting ARs and AKs that day instead of bolt guns).

We, as shooters and gun people, need to embrace the idea of all being in it together. I don't care what colour or creed the person is next to me at the range, as long as he or she is safe to be around. Also don't care if they're shooting a .30-06 or a tacticool .22, they're all guns. Our hobby/sport/whatever has the benefit of having something for everyone to enjoy, and we need to support and promote that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Gun owners who think that refusing to exercise their rights because they might offend liberals is going to help their cause.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#12]
That so many gun owners complain about how their rights are being stripped away, yet are so eager to strip away the rights of those who want their own freedom.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#13]
1.  Fudds.

2.  Gun owners who fracture or segregate the community (such as special snowflake cops who think they're more qualified to CCW than a peasant like myself).  Fudds can go in this category as well.

3.  People who come up to me at the range (usually when I bring my wife) to try and give her or me shooting "tips," ask me retarded questions about NFA, or just talk my ear off.  Coincidentally, these are often fudds too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#14]
The same thing that grinds my gears in any community . . . .

. . . people.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#15]
" I'm an NRA member, but.".............
"I've been shooting for 30 years. but".........................

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Bullshit panics that dry up everything
People that are in it for the money and don't care about their rights
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ignorance, fragile egos, and how we love to eat our own.  

That about covers it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That about covers it.

Yep. Seen many people HERE of all places... Seems so many are looking for enemies, they see them among friends.

Also seems a lot of people in the gun community seem to think everyone who is in the gun community should be just like them.

Don't get me wrong, I've met some of the coolest, nicest, most helpful people in the gun community as well. There are TONS of people that are willing to go the extra mile to help out others.

Quoted:
Guys who don't recognize or won't admit they don't know everything about guns, gear, training, and tactics. I don't know whether this is due to ego, insecurity, or simply stupidity.

Dunning-Kruger Effect. Look it up.  It happens in every circle - guns, cars, RC aircraft....
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That gun people will support all manor of retarded shit because a politician claims to be pro2a. It's like their litmus test, as long as you are pro 2a your gtg.
View Quote

This. Could not agree more.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
People who bash gun owners who exercise their rights, i.e. open carry groups.
View Quote

This for sure and people who bash anyone who stocks up on ammo by calling them neckbearders or whatever.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#22]
The fact that most gun owners only give a shit about 10% of the BoR.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm young, but been into guns before i even hit double digits. (I still remember this place when I had a old gateway in 2002 ) But there's just some things that makes me mad about the American  gun community like -

Discrimination - before I had to fix my truck I was planning on buying M590A1 from a gun store locally but after the 3 out of 5 experiences I've had in gun stores, I rather buy online, One small brick and motor store in Alabama keep trying to sell me Hi points and followed me and my friend along the store and referring to us as "those two Muslims"  when I'm baptist and he's catholic. The other two were just generally rude, STILL recommended me hi-points or tiny 22's, and just said I was too young for guns at all,and need to come back in 5 years. Each time I had several hundred dollars in hand. I walked out and said fuck it and spent it on me, my family and my ex. Went to the range with friends, and surprisingly shot a great group . Showed my friend and everybody just stared at us in disgust, and after that, talks about "Obama ruining everything" to segregation led on. I try really hard to introduce people and friends to guns against what they heard and it works, but this makes it twelve times harder.

Fudds -  Multiple hunters I've talked to said they do not believe in "assault weapons" and to quote one "We would be just fine with side by sides and 30-30s boy." and favor restrictions. Apparently, when their mothers read If You Give A Mouse A Cookie to them they never learned the lesson from that.

No trigger discipline. I lost count how many times I have seen someone in airsoft shot accidentally from it, I got a big welt on my ass when my friend forgot with a bb gun, and I stopped seeing a solid 7 looking girl becuase she pointed her dads gun at me twice and yelled."BANG!"

I got plenty but I rather not write a book. Whats yours?
View Quote

Nothing I MYOB.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well the 2nd is the most important as it protects the rest of the rights.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
1.  Fudds.

2.  Gun owners who fracture or segregate the community (such as special snowflake cops who think they're more qualified to CCW than a peasant like myself).  Fudds can go in this category as well.

3.  People who come up to me at the range (usually when I bring my wife) to try and give her or me shooting "tips," ask me retarded questions about NFA, or just talk my ear off.  Coincidentally, these are often fudds too.
View Quote

4. Irony
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Discrimination - before I had to fix my truck I was planning on buying M590A1 from a gun store locally but after the 3 out of 5 experiences I've had in gun stores, I rather buy online, One small brick and motor store in Alabama keep trying to sell me Hi points and followed me and my friend along the store and referring to us as "those two Muslims"  when I'm baptist and he's catholic. The other two were just generally rude, STILL recommended me hi-points or tiny 22's, and just said I was too young for guns at all,and need to come back in 5 years. Each time I had several hundred dollars in hand. I walked out and said fuck it and spent it on me, my family and my ex. Went to the range with friends, and surprisingly shot a great group . Showed my friend and everybody just stared at us in disgust, and after that, talks about "Obama ruining everything" to segregation led on. I try really hard to introduce people and friends to guns against what they heard and it works, but this makes it twelve times harder.

Fudds -  Multiple hunters I've talked to said they do not believe in "assault weapons" and to quote one "We would be just fine with side by sides and 30-30s boy." and favor restrictions. Apparently, when their mothers read If You Give A Mouse A Cookie to them they never learned the lesson from that.

No trigger discipline. I lost count how many times I have seen someone in airsoft shot accidentally from it, I got a big welt on my ass when my friend forgot with a bb gun, and I stopped seeing a solid 7 looking girl becuase she pointed her dads gun at me twice and yelled."BANG!"

View Quote

I reread your post and I think you are lying.

evidence:  
13er
low post count.
major stereo types displayed

I dub thee a troll.

there has been a great deal of these lately. pretty much 2-3 a week

cold hard winter in the frozen liberal northeast.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

I suppose I should have added "Gun owners think the 2nd protects the rest of the BoR"
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#28]
General asshattery. We are all ambassadors of the second amendment and the sport. Act like it. Doesn't mean we all can't have fun. Just remember that first impressions are everything.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

evidence:  
13er
low post count.

I dub thee a troll.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

evidence:  
13er
low post count.

I dub thee a troll.

My first thought as well. How could the OP encounter every stereotype known in just one trip to the gunship.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

lol

I suppose I should have added "Gun owners think the 2nd protects the rest of the BoR"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

That's better. Of course we all realize the BoR is an outdated document
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Fuckers who are happy to sell off some of our rights to arms, as long as what THEY own is left alone...for now.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Those who believe that some sort of "qualification" test is necessary before others can exercise their 2nd amendment rights.
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thats a big one there too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That about covers it.

Thats a big one there too.

Yep .  Too much infighting .   Failing to present a solid front  against the half-assed ideas of the anti- gun mob .

gd
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He is a criminal who could not get his CHL in Texas so he is a rabid OCTard who basically singlehandedly fucked up open carry in Texas by talking about executing politicians who didn't support OC.

What, Kory really IS a complete fucktard, who did his damnedest to tarnish the image of gun owners.  Maybe not on purpose, but damn did he try.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Arrogant pricks sitting on their couch telling people what they should think. Just because you joined some forum and post more than anybody else really doesn't matter in the real world.

People that degrade somebody's choice for a firearm because it is not their preferred brand. I try , buy , rent , trade and make my own evaluations. I do a little online research and it's amazing some of the crap that gets posted

Just because you own a room full of firearms doesent make you an expert in anything. It means that you have more discretionary income to devote to firearms

People that say only buy "the older model that's not produced any more"  that model is better than any new pistol. Really , this is true in some cases but not in every situation

View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Everything but the actual guns, and a few of those too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Being an "expert" because they are .mil/ex .mil or that you couldn't know shit because you aren't.
PURISTS (and not just the milsurp types).
Assuming because one is young that they're a total fuckwit.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What, Kory really IS a complete fucktard, who did his damnedest to tarnish the image of gun owners.  Maybe not on purpose, but damn did he try.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he pro gun?

He is a criminal who could not get his CHL in Texas so he is a rabid OCTard who basically singlehandedly fucked up open carry in Texas by talking about executing politicians who didn't support OC.

No doubt that Kory is a full retard. Anyone that is not part of his OCTC group and lives in North TX can tell you that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Neckbeards. Yeah, that's it, neckbeards! Somebody needs to start a thread about neckbeards!
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#41]
People who bitch about neckbeards
People who hate OC groups
People who support the NFA
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#42]

evidence:  
13er
low post count.

I dub thee a troll.

cold hard winter in the frozen liberal northeast."

My first thought as well. How could the OP encounter every stereotype known in just one trip to the gunship.
View Quote

A RAT! No just poor Polonius, i took thee for thy better.

Or perhaps a sheep in wolf's clothing.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#43]
I say this in every one of these threads: people tying up the 200 yard line to shoot the mud in front of them with their shotguns.

Also THAT guy at the range who won't shut up and tries way to hard to "help" everybody. He's always nice but damn if he isn't annoying....

ETA: also these:
Quoted:
Being an "expert" because they are .mil/ex .mil or that you couldn't know shit because you aren't.
PURISTS (and not just the milsurp types).
Assuming because one is young that they're a total fuckwit.
View Quote

Although I would never mess up a historical firearm.

I'm still young compared to many but when I first started shooting at 18 I got a lot of crap from older people because of my age. That being said I also got a lot of help from older folks that were just happy to see someone younger who was interested in such things. While the bad experiences stick out more in my mind, I have to say that my experiences were mostly positive.

Not much else but the obvious safety and anti-gun stuff bother me.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

You had hundreds of dollars in hand... And they were showing you Hi Points... The horror!

I sell tons of Hi Points, and owned a couple carbines. I've never heard of any issues, save some not liking underpowered WWB ammo... And there are a lot of guns that don't like it.

I'd get being offended by the Muslim thing, but trying to point out a reliable gun you could afford. Oh how awful... Send him the bill for your therapy session.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That gun people will support all manor of retarded shit because a politician claims to be pro2a. It's like their litmus test, as long as you are pro 2a your gtg.
View Quote

Sure as hell better than the "hope and change" you bought into...right?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Fellow gun-owners who claim to be a community online or off and broad paint people from other states akin to those who are trying to dismantle our rights.  Basically group separation; dividing themselves within unknowingly and unwisely.

Youth who come on board thinking they know everything along with the old who bring up their credentials as if it gives them superiority on any matter.  

Lot of egos, very few humble.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Compromise.

Yes.

"hand me another clip"

People who won't join the NRA.  

People who insist on talking to others like they are complete idiots when at the range.  Some guys spend so much time on forums, they think they know something nobody else does.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Dirt shooters that only shoot dirt  and then only invite me to go shoot dirt with them.

I understand that shooting guns is cool, gunfire is nice to hear, and watching dirt fly can be fun on occasions. However, doing 3 mag dumps into a berm 5 yards away as quickly as you can and then wanting to go home is not a good shooting session to me! I've actually hurt peoples feelings by telling them I wasn't interested in wasting ammo by shooting up a hillside. I'm sorry, but .308 is too valuable to shoot unless we also put up some actual targets and get a little value from the blasting session.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#50]
All the misinformation about guns that comes from so called gun experts and the internet.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top