BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I honestly dont think the human mind is capable of comprehending what it truly is. I've thought on this myself, but have no answer (of course)

I had this discussion with a gal pal of mine who is quite knowlegable about scripture (and very horny).

She pointed to various verses in the Bible that basically point to a world without sexual gratification, or interpersonal love.

The pleasures of Heaven are beyond that.

Exactly. I have no idea what it will look like or be like. But I'm sure it'll be great.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Think of the north pole where santa lives or the beautiful woods where the easter bunny lives.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I remember of the Bible, it's being at one with God. There's no need or even desire for such simple pleasures as sex or booze when God takes you in his arms, all desires are nothing compared to the contentment and etc. that you'll receive.
But there won't be women or animals. The Bible clearly states that they aren't worthy.

My own belief is that the afterlife is a period of peace and knowledge, a time to contemplate the lessons learned and further your journey towards completeness.

In both cases, the pleasures of the flesh are of no consequence
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What is heaven like in your mind?

Hopefully, books and dogs.  There's other stuff that would be cool, too, but if it's a minimalist thing, books and dogs.

If it's floating around on clouds playing harps for all of Eternity, that sounds more like Hell to me.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I honestly dont think the human mind is capable of comprehending what it truly is.   I've thought on this myself, but have no answer (of course)

I had this discussion with a gal pal of mine who is quite knowlegable about scripture (and very horny).

She pointed to various verses in the Bible that basically point to a world without sexual gratification, or interpersonal love.

The pleasures of Heaven are beyond that.

Sounds like the Devil trying to trick you into thinking Hell is really Heaven.

Why shouldn't our Eternal Reward include getting our nut off once in a while?
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
filled with dogs

So it's like Mexico?
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#7]
A combination of going home to report back and a lucid dream.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully, books and dogs.  There's other stuff that would be cool, too, but if it's a minimalist thing, books and dogs.

If it's floating around on clouds playing harps for all of Eternity, that sounds more like Hell to me.

Yeah, thats kind of what I was thinking.

Don't get me wrong.  The old man deserves his dues, but all day, every single day for ETERNITY?  Eternity goes on for quite some time.  Unless in heaven you don't get bored, in which case, we could all be in Bible class and playing harps and we wouldn't care.  

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Call me a nerd, but I prefer Gandalf's explanation of what happens after death.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Eh. I'm not sure it exists. I think it is something to help everyone to face their own fears of death and to

long for a better life with hopes to be reunited with loved ones that have passed on.

Maybe I'm wrong, my wife says I am. She calls me ignorant and closed minded.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
well hopefully my 94 year old grandma who died this morning, will give me a hint.

sorry for your loss bro... my condolences..
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to go right now.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's just like before you were born.  Do you remember that? Well that is what it will be like.

Yeah except that period of time was finite whereas the post death nothingness is infinite

Chew on that

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I recently read a book titled Heaven is For Real.  It's up to the reader to make up his own mind on the book, but I thought it was an interesting read.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I honestly dont think the human mind is capable of comprehending what it truly is.   I've thought on this myself, but have no answer (of course)

So you are saying I am in Heaven right now?

I have to admit, I laughed.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#16]

A place with unlimted ammo, demo, & pyro....
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
well hopefully my 94 year old grandma who died this morning, will give me a hint.

Sorry to hear that. The bright side, she lived to be 94! If you want, she might still be around and you can talk to her. Sometimes, they come in your sleep.

In heaven, you are energy, no pain. You can bend the laws of physics and the rules we follow.

In one word?

Bliss.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#18]
In the words of the immortal Hank Williams Jr.
"If Heaven ain't a lot like Dixie, I don't want to go"
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Beer volcano and a hooker factory of course.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Peace and love in abundance.  You don't want to leave.

Read the book written by a 6 year old in The Boy Who Came Back: Link

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:25:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Its not for me...floating around on clouds playing a harp? nope. In my afterlife there will be parties of wild abandon where women wear latex,leather etc and well.....we'll just have to wait for it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I get to have hot sex with Anna Kournikova, Nicky Whelan and Gemma Atkinson every other hour of the day without getting worn out or tired.  I also get whatever food I want, whenever I want it, without getting fat.

It's a pretty damned good heaven.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Never gave it much thought.

But one thing I know for sure is that Hell can't be worse than Hobbs, NM.

You could be Jal.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Perhaps heaven is at hand.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

The bible talks about streets of gold and stuff.  Somehow I can't get out of my head that it's a 24/7/eternity bible camp and singing old school hymns.    I realize that is better than the alternative, but not by much.

meh, who cares? The Bible never says believers are going to spend eternity in heaven.

edit to add the verb.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#26]
It is so beautiful isn't it? shame what people have done to it.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Here you go. Looks like a real ball.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
To answer the OP, it will be more than we can even imagine.

1 Corinthians 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

I can hardly wait.

I 2nd that! I know a lot better then this!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top