BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Being the father  of newborns.

$1.00 gasoline.

$25,000 BMWs

Living on an Island in the Intracoastal Waterway with my 26' Carver on davits behind the house.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Everyone being cool
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
My youth. Pushing late 40's now, and my body ain't what it used to be.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Goodfellas
A Bronx Tale
Schlinder's List
Dazed and Confused
My hair.
"Taking care of business" on the streets.
No cellphone cameras (see above).
Affordable muscle cars
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Dropped out of high schol 2 weeks before graduation in 1989. Had a job offer too good to pass up.

Bought a 1990 Nissan 4wd truck new for $9999 with my bonus. 1992 Took  A month long vacation in AK. Bought a new Mustang GT. Things were easier then for me at least. Money coming in hand over fist. Had a motorola bag phone in my truck lol.

Then I went to college and it was normal college stuff.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:12:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:15:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I  miss the feeling of hope. Hope that the future was bright and prosperous.  Hope that we were the stalwarts of freedom. Hope that life was tough but fair and hard work and due diligence paid off. I don't feel that Hope anymore..
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:18:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The World Trade Center buildings
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I remember hot girls loved wearing black minidresses.

And low cut daisy dukes and tight low cut jeans. Non of this jeans up to your tits bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:21:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The music.  
View Quote

So much good music...  Just wish I would have gone to some concerts while they were still in their prime.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:25:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Off the top of my head...the USA not being ruled by an election stealing bunch of tyrannical leftist fuck faces.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:27:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Someone mentioned Daisy Dukes. Oh yeah, lot of bars had weekly Daisy Duke contest. I do miss those. That and nickle beer night at some bars. Ladies night to get women into the bars to bring guys that spent money. Days of the past I guess.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#13]
The war in Yugoslavia…crime in the shitholes that are and were American inner cities (it peaked in 1995 then began to decline).  I was born in 1988, had a fair amount of happy memories then, and plenty of shit I went through too.  I think the terrible quality of my life since 2018 has just made me very bitter.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:52:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The movies.

"Pulp Fiction."

"Reservoir Dogs" (think that was 90s, right?).

And of course...

...HEAT!!!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49274/APHeater_-_Copy-2535392.jpg
View Quote

Fun little fact.  The 1997 North Hollywood shootout was “inspired” by this movie.  The shooters were inspired by it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:56:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Fuck  yes.

Broken Arrow
Independence Day
Last of the Mohicans
The Peacemaker
Ronin
The Hunt for Red October
The Postman
Jurassic Park
Memphis Belle
Last Man Standing
The Edge
Tombstone
Sleepy Hollow
There's Something About Mary
The Fifth Element
The Sixth Sense
Heat
Speed
The Matrix
Saving Private  Ryan
View Quote

I watched that movie as a kid.  That scene when, I think it was the copilot, goes and mans the tailgun or a side gun, shoots down the German fighter, which slams through another B17’s tail, and they can hear the radio operator screaming as it goes down still haunts me.

He may have been the radio operator on the Memphis Belle.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:12:15 AM EDT
[#16]
-Not having any responsibilities

-The The Twin Towers still standing

-No Patriot Act

-Not being called a terrorist because I vote differently

-Actual cartoons that didn't go PC were still aired
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:14:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Battletech the cartoon
Star Trek TNG and DS9
SNL when it was still funny
Xena: warrior princess
Hercules the legendary journeys
My childhood
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:10:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Being a teenager. Music. Freedom. Lack of electronics.

The last few years have honestly been depressing, in a worldly-overlook kind of way. Nothing ever seems to get better, and at every outlet everyone is always fighting over some stupid shit, seeminly grasping for power. And even if things do get better, someone is just around the corner to fight about that too and have some absurd opinion on it. Watching the msm and ignorant folks wig out about covid was the icing on the cake.

I'd just as soon go live in some rural area, go to work, come home, and not give a shit about anything, do the things I want to do, and avoid all the drama and bullshit. But no, all the assholes out there just can't leave people alone.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:01:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Being a teenager. Music. Freedom. Lack of electronics.

The last few years have honestly been depressing, in a worldly-overlook kind of way. Nothing ever seems to get better, and at every outlet everyone is always fighting over some stupid shit, seeminly grasping for power. And even if things do get better, someone is just around the corner to fight about that too and have some absurd opinion on it. Watching the msm and ignorant folks wig out about covid was the icing on the cake.

I'd just as soon go live in some rural area, go to work, come home, and not give a shit about anything, do the things I want to do, and avoid all the drama and bullshit. But no, all the assholes out there just can't leave people alone.
View Quote

Agree with your post bigtime. Three years ago we built a house out in the sticks and it's better all around. The BS you mentioned is still out there, but we've got a little more insulation between us and it now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:09:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Regionally, Seattle at its peak. Thriving music scene. Awesome clubs - many of them divey and iconic. Still a liberal shithole but years before policy would wreck the desire to even set foot anywhere near it.

View Quote

I was lucky to live in the PNW, specifically Seattle, in the early 90s and I agree.  I have no desire to go back there these days.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:16:11 AM EDT
[#21]
starting the weekend off at the movie rental place trying to decide which campy horror movie to pick out
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:54:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Advancements in technology, being always connected to something at all times has really changed our lives.

I really don’t think it’s for the best of our mental well being either.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Trying to think of something that hasn't already been said....

Dirt bikes were still mostly two strokes! Lame-ass four strokes hadn't taken over yet!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Let's see....
Getting married and then laid off.  No, don't miss that.
Brother dying.  No, don't miss that.
Father dying.  Not missing that.
Son dying on the operating table.  Not missing that either.
Finally getting hired again at a decent job.  You always miss that.
I don't miss anything before 1994.  After that, the rest of the 90's wasn't too bad.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The beginning of the end. Should have listened to the people warning us not to celebrate ghetto culture.
View Quote

This.  Glorifying the bottom is no way for society to improve.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Cheap Russian SKS's stacked four or five deep on gun show tables
The X-Files
Babylon 5
Art Bell on Coast to Coast AM
Cheap milsurp Chicom 7.62x39 at under $100 per 1,000 round case
View Quote

Perfect for the dirt shooter.  

I was chewing little holes out of the center of paper targets and hammering prairie dogs at 300 yards with my Eagle Arms varminter during the 90s.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:19:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Having someone wipe my ass every time I shit my pants. (I was a baby)
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#28]
1991 VW Vanagon syncro 4x4
Great vehicle, crappy head gaskets but great vehicle.
1991 last year of importation.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Jo Koy: Live from the Los Angeles Forum | Official Trailer | Netflix
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
starting the weekend off at the movie rental place trying to decide which campy horror movie to pick out
View Quote

Back then, if you weren't going out, chances were pretty good your were going to the video store for a video.

@zombicide83
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Advancements in technology, being always connected to something at all times has really changed our lives.

I really don’t think it’s for the best of our mental well being either.
View Quote

I've wondered if it is like illicit drugs where it may feel good to many people but you're really digging a grave in the long run.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Trying to think of something that hasn't already been said....

Dirt bikes were still mostly two strokes! Lame-ass four strokes hadn't taken over yet!
View Quote

@Rubles

The maintenance on those modern 4 strokes is very expensive.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I was chewing little holes out of the center of paper targets and hammering prairie dogs at 300 yards with my Eagle Arms varminter during the 90s.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cheap Russian SKS's stacked four or five deep on gun show tables
The X-Files
Babylon 5
Art Bell on Coast to Coast AM
Cheap milsurp Chicom 7.62x39 at under $100 per 1,000 round case

I remember when the militia movement was just starting. In some places guys really would run around in tbe woods wearing cammies with their SKS's. The SKS was to the1990's what a budget AR is now.

Yes, in that way I'd say things have improved. Also, instead of LARPing with an SKS it seems to me people of that stripe are more apt to get actual training now.

Still, I miss buying yet another SKS or MAK90 at the gun show, then a case of ammo and a case of beer. By the end of the day the ammo and the beer would be used up simultaneously. Then we'd clean our rifles of that corrosive Chicom ammo residue and finish off the night with more beer, and maybe camp out in the desert.. That stuff I really do  miss, and I know I'll never ever see those guys again.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Unique innovative video games that you could buy a physical copy of and install in five minutes that worked right away and didn't depend on updates and a fickle, mercurial community of online sweaty boys.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:42:07 AM EDT
[#36]
There was only 2 genders
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
80s guy here. Down the road we'll be asking "what do yo miss about the 2020s", but I can't honestly imagine missing anything. This is the shittiest of decades.
View Quote

"Remember when people didn't live in pods and could have friends over for parties?"

"Remember when meat was made of animals instead of bugs?"

"Remember when people could actually choose to not take vaccines? Crazy time that was, man!"

"The big thing I miss about the 2020s is you could take cash -- this was actual money you could hold in your hand,
slips of paper if you can believe it -- and buy anything you wanted. Even stuff that wasn't legal! An no one ever knew you did it!"

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:11:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Unique innovative video games that you could buy a physical copy of and install in five minutes that worked right away and didn't depend on updates and a fickle, mercurial community of online sweaty boys.
View Quote

Yes. This guy gets it.

Also, there were more than just the "big 3" console makers of today. In addition to Nintendo and Sony (Microsoft didn't join the fray until the early 2000s), we had Sega, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Neo Geo, Atari, etc. A much more interesting time for video games.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:25:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There was only 2 genders
View Quote

Fun fact: there still are.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Having some degree of hope for the future.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:34:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Hot girls in low rise jeans with bare midriffs. (Late '90s.)

View Quote

Hmmmm yes
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:46:56 AM EDT
[#42]
My youth.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:51:40 AM EDT
[#43]
I miss how people used to know grammar.

It's 1990s, not 1990's.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#44]
I was in college back then and it was fuckin’ awesome.
SNL was funny back then.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:30:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@Rubles

View Quote

@peacematu

Yes! And they sound terrible. That's why I just ordered a 23' YZ125 two stroke. It's a slightly updated bike that still has it's heart in the 90's! Carbed, no battery, and kick start!
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Being 30 years younger
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
18yo pussy and perky tits.

Kharn
View Quote

You can still have that now.
Don't let your dreams be dreams Bro!
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Freedom to mostly do what you wanted without it being documented somehow.

Good music being commonplace. It still exists today but you've gotta go look for it. Before, even if it wasn't my style, it was still quality.

Society as a whole was calmer and less sensitive. Crime existed and was arguably worse in some cases but people weren't so damn nerved up all the time.

TV was better in some ways. Same for movies. There's WAY more options now but the quality is a lot lower in many instances.

Probably more just off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

@peacematu

Yes! And they sound terrible. That's why I just ordered a 23' YZ125 two stroke. It's a slightly updated bike that still has it's heart in the 90's! Carbed, no battery, and kick start!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Rubles

@peacematu

@Rubles

If you can, cancel and order the 250 two stroke. I read the 125 has to revved high to get at the power.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
18yo pussy and perky tits.

Kharn

I don't know how old Kharn is but I'm in my 50s.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top