Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I use unloaded pistols, NOW when I help John W. and Clint kill the bad guys.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:11:58 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have a DLP I'd recommend a battery backup so the fan that cools the bulb can still work. Otherwise, a decent surge suppressor is fine.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I might buy a fancy TV today, and I'm leaning towards the monkeys on fire.

Make sure you get the stamp so you can suppress those monkeys on fire.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#4]
ARFCOM always comes through to help a member in need
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I welded a roll cage on mine left 2" slats between the bars kinda blocks the view but i know it won't be hurt if it goes 4 wheelin.  Also pay a guy to stand guard while I am at work I equip him only with pepper spray.   He has requested a full auto hk g3 I haven't approved it yet.  I had to get on his ass last week he wore these goddamn ninja type shoes with spikes and scratched my floor.  He worked at some large retail center I call it a mall but got fired he needs the money.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:21:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about for an in wall solution that is recessed?

I just picked up a Samsung PN63C8000 that I'm going to wall mount.  The rest of the AV equipment will (as planned right now) be placed in a hall closet.  I'd like to do this for a clean look and to avoid another piece of furniture on the floor to house everything.

I'll run an IR pickup in the wall and feed it to the closet for remotes, but power protection for the TV is of concern.  The plug on the Samsung is quiet large and it doesn't look like anything Panamax has will work.

PS Audio has these

Link

Thanks, it looks like I'll need a deeper recess to work with the mount I'm looking at.  The plug/puck on this power cord is fairly large.

Looking around at AVSforum right now and it seems as though I've got several kinks to work out in my plan.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Still have one of those big sony wega crt's, still waiting for it to blow up so I can get a nice new super thin TV.

First thing that gets plugged into it is a computer.

I had a 36in one of those.  Dam thing weighed 200 + pounds
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Old computer UPS. And a Dog, house and various sundry firearms.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Monster Cable HTS 1000 mk3

Next time I buy one it will have AVR, but for now what I have works as the line voltage is fairly stable (117~123V).

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Surge protector.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought brown outs were the main cause of equipment failure?  What good is a surge protector that only protects from over voltage?  I understand line conditioners and the like, but I've never had a problem with a UPS damaging any equipment when it switched to battery when needed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I have my entire AV system (tv, satellite box, dvd, PS3, a very nice/higher end receiver for the surround sound and source switching, ext. hard drive, antenna for digital local stations, powered subwoofer, and acouple other things) hooked up into a  UPS battery backup/power supply thing about the size of a first generation PS3.

Been working perfectly for several months and the MAIN thing I was worried about when first doing this route was the UPS being able to handle all of the wattage and power draw.  WIth most of the junk turned on the UPS is only using ~33% of the capacity..... and if the power goes out I will have ~15 minutes of run time on the battery

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Another UPS user here.  Mine is a CyberPower.  Can't recall the model number.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top