Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:04:44 AM EDT
[#1]
A good online store to me means useful pictures and descriptions of the products for sale. Explanations of shipping rates and practices and emailing tracking numbers to the buyer after the sale. It drives me nuts when I'm sent an email stating that my item has shipped but I have no way of tracking it. I end up missing a lot of deliveries due to my work schedule so it is nice when I know a package should be coming.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:56:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Detailed product description & good pics

AR15.com team member discounts
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#4]
[quot

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Gentlemen, enigma2y0u made a joke regarding a particular situation, he's not the spammer! Just let it go!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Bad or broken links will break the deal in my eyes everytime. Make sure everylink works, and the under construction horeshit irritates me too
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
REAL time inventory.

Some vendors (we know who specifically) have GREAT websites with tons of pics and a large product line, but whenever you place an order, for anything, you invariably get an email stating the product is on BACKORDER.

+1
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#8]
!Off topic!

No! Sever-side Java!! Boo!!

Quoted:
No java applets, scripts, etc. Have as much code run at the server... Use .NET if you can...

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hey Ponyboy...

here's a few off the top of my head....

1. when I view my shoppping cart, I want the shipping to be displayed automatically, based on the zip code I entered. No need for me to have to figure that out at time of checkout.
I'm thinking of having a simple feature where you enter your zip and it will figure the shipping on your order on the fly with no need to go through the checkout or enter any other information, since nothing else is really needed just to figure shipping

Once you have the zip you might as well make it a Shipping and tax calculator, too.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
REAL time inventory.

Some vendors (we know who specifically) have GREAT websites with tons of pics and a large product line, but whenever you place an order, for anything, you invariably get an email stating the product is on BACKORDER.  

Pure Horseshit.  

And reasonable shipping rates for small items.  

Don't send me a $.30 washer, or a $5.00 tool and tell me it costs $10.00 to ship.  

Can't Agree Enough !!

Also please have LARGE pictures and description of products including size , weight etc...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Allow APOs to be input in the state colum when checking out. I hate sites that dont allow me to spend money just because Im in the military.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#13]
how about immediate notification when an item becomes "in stock," and its new price.... if the user wants to know when the item, and/or similar items become available...

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Keep it simple and uncluttered.
Make it EASY to navigate and order items.
Good quality Hi-Res pics with a neutral background make all the difference.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Good pics

Full discriptions of items. Every little detail helps

Easy search engine

Real time In/Out of stock status. I hate ordering an item only to find after a week of waiting that it's "backordered" or "out of stock".

Fast shipping. I can't speak for everyone but I am the type that wants it Yesterday!!

Track shipping. When it was sent, ETA to my door, ect.

Good prices

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top