[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.fashionkandi.co.uk/images/dwimages/oakley-12916.jpg

I've been wearing these for awhile now. Best (and most expensive) sunglasses I've ever worn. Black polarized, of course.

Do you know what model those are? I have a set of Oakleys that look very similar, except mine aren't rimless.

I've had Oakleys three times now, but sadly I've been disappointed two and a half of those times. With the next pair I buy, I'm going to give one of the other well reputed names a shot.

Mine are nanowires. But it sounds like you might have A-wires. Used to wear those before these, but lost them somewhere on Kandahar AF.

I think mine are called Whiskers.

Hmmm, can't say I'm familiar with them then

They look good, but I've had both lenses start to de-laminate and one lens that pops out of the frame all the time.

http://oi55.tinypic.com/svs1t5.jpg

Huh! Those sure look like A wires to me! Even sounds like the exact same problem I had with the lenses popping out. But then again, I don't know all that much about Oakleys-especially when it comes to model names. I confess that I'm one of those who buys what he likes, and don't really pay any attention to what is called what.

But you are right; they do look really good. But I'm just hoping I still have a few more years before I have to replace my nanowires. These things sure aren't cheap

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Big fan of Serengeti's...but I fly for a living and they do a lot of things that others don't.  Like non-polarized so I can read screens in the cockpit.  The color of the lenses isn't so dark that I can't transition from looking outside to inside easily.  The brown/amber lens does a pretty good job of cutting blue light ( I think that's what happens) so that I can pick up airports in weather a little faster.

On the downside, and probably true for a lot of brands, the weak point is the hinges.  I won't buy a pair without springloaded hinges now...to take the stress off of them.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top