Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:53:00 AM EDT
Inside the DC Beltway = 80% wealthy liberals driving around in their Prius or Mercedes with Obama bumper stickers, 18% illegal aliens from Central America, 2% blue collar types that would fit in here.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:57:27 AM EDT
It's a mix of everything.  You can find any kind of stereotype within a 50 mile radius depending on where you're at.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:57:44 AM EDT
I live in one of the most conservative areas in the country, bunch of quite old people.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:59:34 AM EDT
My neighborhood is pretty awesome,  but were surrounded by union humping democraps with buckmark stickers on their pickups, and lots of old people who vote D because their parents did, but yet when they talk they are pretty conservative.    We're and old mining/railroad town is the best way to explain it.

Then you go another mile out is it is pretty much a cesspool.. and this shit is moving closer,  most of us didn't feel the need to put alarms on the houses and lock the car doors up until 4 or 5 years ago..    

3/4 of the NEPA chicks are generally pretty snobbish and even the fat ones think they are fucking royalty.  

Luzerne Co got raided by the feds and several people are in jail on corruption charges  

ETA;  I heard a few times ( not sure where or how to verify) that of DUI arrests, we have some of the highest BAL in the state/region
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:03:22 AM EDT
Locally, where I live not bad, nice people.  But overall through the state there are increasing numbers of libtard transplants from Jersey or New York, and the one that are not, are illegal or free loaders.  
Delaware called the Diamond State, now it's known to us as the Rhinestone State.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:05:25 AM EDT
I could say what the people around me are like, but more likely than not I would violate the COC.  Will say, they are good people - and just leave it at that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:08:56 AM EDT
Mostly conservative country folk around here.  80% are good people.  Then you have the tweakers, welfare leeches and general white trash.  There doesn't seem to be much inbetween, people will either give you the shirt off their backs or rob you blind.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:12:12 AM EDT
I'm in the suburbs of Seattle and surrounded by White and Asian people. I like it.  over here we have reverse white flight. All the young white folks that grew up in the burbs are moving to Seattle. All the folks that grew up in Seattle,like myself, have gotten out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:16:59 AM EDT
Good folks, when someone pulls up to the Farm Supply with out of state plates we all go out and stare at them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:17:54 AM EDT
My block and 3 parallel to me are good-excellent. Everything around us is section 8 hood rats who like to break into our homes and steal our shit.

I need more lead.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:25:27 AM EDT

Quoted:

In my immediate hood, mostly people with questionable citizenship.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:34:06 AM EDT
I'd say my area is pretty normal. Mostly middle class. And the amish. Does that count as something different???
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:38:57 AM EDT
I live in NJ.. take a wild guess
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:41:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:44:33 AM EDT
The people who were born and raised here are mostly alright, there are some that herpderp all the time.

Then you have the Yankees from Noo Yawk and Joisey... They make me go every time I talk to them at work. Most of them are either totally unable to look around them and figure out what is going on by themselves, or they are genuinely fucking stupid. I had one guy ask me if the lake out back (keep in mind, I'm 20 minutes from the Gulf coast) was the Atlantic Ocean. It took me a minute to figure out if he was serious. Another one asked (mid fruit season, oranges all over the 50 or so trees you can see from the stand), "where do you guys get your citrus from?"

They also routinely miss the six acres of corn growing on the other side of the road my boss puts in twice a year. How they don't see 20 acres of orange trees, a big ass dirt driveway, or massive fields full of corn and other stuff where something is growing 10 out of 12 months a year, I have no clue.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:58:35 AM EDT

Where I live most are financed to the hilt to keep up appearances, live in houses they can barely afford, drive expensive cars they don't need, go the the grocery store daily, and are more worried about American Idol, NFL, MLB, NASCAR, and the weeds in my lawn than they are about anything important.  It pisses them off that half of my back yard is garden.  They can't see it because of the privacy fence but they know it's there.  I get the "Isn't it easier to just go to the grocery store?" question all the time.  

Of course they also think it's not normal to fix their own cars, lawnmowers, plumbing, electrical, etc...   Guess "normal" people in "this" neighborhood don't do that.     God, I don't want to be "normal".  

I'm already planning my escape.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:04:45 AM EDT
Quoted:
I live in the Charlotte area.  25 years ago, it was a fine city.

In the last 15 to 20 years we've been invaded by hordes of  yankees so things have gone downhill.

Subdivisions galore and horrible traffic.

This area used to be solidly Republican but the libtard yankees, who ruined their states then left,  have changed the political landscape.  

Roanoke's goal is to become like Charlotte.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:09:22 AM EDT
Quoted:
Lots of white trash, ladies of the evening, pimps with a couple pockets of good down to earth retired senior citizens who moved into the area before it became the way it is today.

Do you live in West Orlando?  I live in NW Orange County, lots of transplants including wannabe gangsters, illegals, and people from NY/NJ telling you how much better it is where they are from (GTFO!). Central Florida is turning into SE Florida.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:34:14 AM EDT
I'm surrounded by hardworking Texans.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:50:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:11:14 PM EDT
I wouldn't know, I don't speak to my neighbors.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:15:13 PM EDT
Quoted:
Inside the DC Beltway = 80% wealthy liberals driving around in their Prius or Mercedes with Obama bumper stickers, 18% illegal aliens from Central America, 2% blue collar types that would fit in here.

You forgot the thugs and welfare queens.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:15:14 PM EDT
well, going down the street before i get to my house, theres at least 3 vehicles with nra life member stickers on them so yeah.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:18:59 PM EDT
Watch the first season of Axe Men.  Those are my neighbors.  That's the town I live in.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:21:23 PM EDT
Quoted:
Necks, thugs, and good ol' boys.

You kind of have to search to find the good, down to earth folks, or this place can rub you the wrong way with a quickness.

same as where I live. Lots of depressed folks around here. I would say half or more of the commercial real estate is empty here. Not much for work and lots of broke mofos. Tons of house for sale....was to be a lake community but that shit has died.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:24:06 PM EDT
Working class mostly. We have a scattering of surfers, rich people and pot smokers. (local paper branded us with this a few years ago)
But for the most part a collection of nice folks with a few idiots thrown in for fun.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:24:50 PM EDT
I live in a good area. People are nice, by and large.

I work in a part of town that's falling rapidly. The people are alright but for the most part they're small minded "get the hell out of my way" types.

Problem is, both are in a state that has a grim cloud over its head and nothing is improving.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:30:15 PM EDT
Berkeley East.

Libtard college town full of libtard students, libtard professors, and libtard politicians.

Moving out of the area once I sell the house.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:31:43 PM EDT
In my town:
Hardworking middle class.  White and Blue collar.
Lots of "Old Money"
Lots of self-made people
Lots of neighbors willing to help out anyone (this is quite common in the area)

Lots of farmers.
A few Ex-union employees (soon to be jobless after plant closure in July) which were Yankee transplants.
Lots of gossipers (nothing else to do)

Generally an aging population with an outmigration of younger laborforce.  
A growing contingent of stupid, angry, hicks that bitch incessantly about government handouts while collecting their disability and long-term unemployment.

My neighborhood:
Retirees
Families (5 to 12yr old kids)
Business Owners
University department heads
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:31:48 PM EDT
Not too far from Baltimore. Mostly left-leaning and won't talk to their neighbors and a few thug-types. Then there's the "mystery people" who park in their garage, never go in their own yard or cut their own grass and get their mail when no one's looking.

Thank God my next door neighbor is a friendly old guy who goes to the range more than I do. He makes up for the rest!
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:37:03 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

You forgot the thugs and welfare queens.

Naw...none to be seen in this little corner of MoCo unless they are passing through.  It's a small blessing but I'll take it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:49:00 PM EDT
I live in an Indian neighborhood.  Not one Indian thing around like food/temple/ect.  Not sure why they choose this part of town.  They are wonderful neighbors to have though.  Very quiet, very respectful.  All of them are saving for a house and could probably live in a shit hole in Minneapolis but choose to pay slightly more out of self respect.  They all drive pretty nice cars too.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:05:58 PM EDT
Pretty easy going,generally friendly people here.I don't live in the metro PHX area though,piss on that mess.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:18:47 PM EDT
Quoted:
The people who were born and raised here are mostly alright, there are some that herpderp all the time.

Then you have the Yankees from Noo Yawk and Joisey... They make me go every time I talk to them at work. Most of them are either totally unable to look around them and figure out what is going on by themselves, or they are genuinely fucking stupid. I had one guy ask me if the lake out back (keep in mind, I'm 20 minutes from the Gulf coast) was the Atlantic Ocean. It took me a minute to figure out if he was serious. Another one asked (mid fruit season, oranges all over the 50 or so trees you can see from the stand), "where do you guys get your citrus from?"

They also routinely miss the six acres of corn growing on the other side of the road my boss puts in twice a year. How they don't see 20 acres of orange trees, a big ass dirt driveway, or massive fields full of corn and other stuff where something is growing 10 out of 12 months a year, I have no clue.

Can you tell the NY/NJ folks on sight?  I was in the Clearwater area having dinner at one of the seafood places near the beach and a family was ordering Chicken Fingers.  Holy cow!!!  We were blocks from the water and a menu full of quality seafood and they were ordering Chicken Fingers and a salad.  I about made a game out of spoting them waiting until they talked to get confirmation for a point.  They are just different people.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:19:14 PM EDT
Lots of rich snobs all trying to show one another up, some regular working folk like me, a few low lives...too many people for me though...I find myself craving Wyoming or Montana lately.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:20:18 PM EDT
Quoted:

Where I live most are financed to the hilt to keep up appearances, live in houses they can barely afford, drive expensive cars they don't need, go the the grocery store daily, and are more worried about American Idol, NFL, MLB, NASCAR, and the weeds in my lawn than they are about anything important.  It pisses them off that half of my back yard is garden.  They can't see it because of the privacy fence but they know it's there.  I get the "Isn't it easier to just go to the grocery store?" question all the time.  

Of course they also think it's not normal to fix their own cars, lawnmowers, plumbing, electrical, etc...   Guess "normal" people in "this" neighborhood don't do that.     God, I don't want to be "normal".  

I'm already planning my escape.

I'll kick my next door neighbors out and would welcome you to their house.  You are normal, but your neighbors need some help.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:21:55 PM EDT
This image is my idea of Texas....sorry.
Quoted:

<a href="http://img192.imageshack.us/i/texmex.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8840/texmex.jpg</a>

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:27:27 PM EDT
Lots of farmers and loggers.  Some factory workers.  Most of them consider anything that's been in the same room as black pepper "spicy".  I know people that have black pepper in their kitchen, but they're not sure where it is or when they used it last.  I thought the food was bland in PA.  Boy was I mistaken.

Also lots of Seahawks and Trailblazers fans, which is hard to live with at times.

Mostly just northwest rednecks.

In general, I like it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:28:22 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://img192.imageshack.us/i/texmex.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8840/texmex.jpg</a>

I'd party with those guys.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:33:15 PM EDT
This past school year I've been in the East Riverside area of Austin. Bunch of people with questionable citizenship and guys who wear red colors.

I hope to be moving West of I-35 soon...
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:47:08 PM EDT
Florida Panhandle here.  We have quite a mix.  From very conservative military (Tyndall, Eglin, NAS P'Cola are all nearby) to tree hugging, turtle loving, liberal pukes.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:49:59 PM EDT
My town is basically a child raising, middle class suburban place. People who make a good amount of money. There really aren't any bad or poor income parts of town at all.

Everybody is friendly more or less, affluent and for the most part stay out of everybody elses business. Lots of conservatives surprisingly. I love it here.

Outside of the town its kind of a mix of either a few stereotypical rich CT people and a ton of lower class (income and social manners) people. Very New England yet so different than Massachusets, NY and RI. I like CT.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:05:39 PM EDT
On my block, Obama voting welfare recipients.  
Grew up in the country, starting to miss it more and more.  Maybe when (and if)  the economy improves.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:06:39 PM EDT
Have a ball.
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd party with those guys.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:10:38 PM EDT
Wealthy. I used to think I was doing alright, but I got nothing on most of the people in this county. Sweet Jesus, it's enough to make you feel poor.

Extremely conservative, also.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:11:16 PM EDT
Here there are farmers, blue collar workers, thug wanna be's and yuppie scum A'plenty.  There are good people, but in my 13 years here I have only found a handful of them.  However my family is here so im kinda stuck.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:13:10 PM EDT

mixture of everything...alot of unions here...
coal miners, oil workers, etc.
I dont have a problem with unions in extremely dangerous jobs.
I have seen what situations company management will put people thru.
They scream safety but ignore all safety rules...
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:13:30 PM EDT
The town I live in is full of older people and on a severe demographic decline.  The people are a strange mixture of older small farmer "democrats are for the little guy" types along with the growing number of worker's comp fraud abusers, SSDI "disability" cases, underemployed contractor type people, with a smattering of retirees and middle income professional types.  There are virtually no people from the ages of 25 -45 - they moved out of Western NY.  Government is the largest employer and private employment is fleeting and generally a "you better know someone to get a job" type situation locally.  The rapidly shrinking middle income types usually works in a suburb of the mid-sized city located 25 miles away.  Politically the people have no real belief system or philosophy.  Many have a family member that works for the government and they are ostrich types- they toe the line because it's their source of income after all.  The people are generally unaware of anything going on locally, statewide, nationally or internationally at a level of understanding greater than a sound bite.  Many hunt, own guns, and participate in freedom loving activities and then solidly vote for Schumer, Cuomo, Gillibrand .  After all, they are "protecting the little guy".  I guess Western NY is the perfect cesspool the dem's want - people dependant on the government unable to think.  My wife and can't wait to get out of here.  

B.T.W. - this is one town south of AR15's mailing address!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.