BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are the guy who knows what works. And overkill works. Nothing says dead like making something extra dead. You are the guy that says "30 caliber? Never heard of her". You are youngest child in your family. You also drive the largest truck. Something like an F-650 extra super double extended crew cab super long bed. Because nothing says compensating for something like heading to the range with your 70lb rifle that barely fits in the extended long bed of your $140k vehicle to sling $5 bills at $.25 pieces of paper. But at the end of the day, you know no one has a bigger round at the range than you. That paper is extra dead and that makes you happy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does 50 BMG say?

You are the guy who knows what works. And overkill works. Nothing says dead like making something extra dead. You are the guy that says "30 caliber? Never heard of her". You are youngest child in your family. You also drive the largest truck. Something like an F-650 extra super double extended crew cab super long bed. Because nothing says compensating for something like heading to the range with your 70lb rifle that barely fits in the extended long bed of your $140k vehicle to sling $5 bills at $.25 pieces of paper. But at the end of the day, you know no one has a bigger round at the range than you. That paper is extra dead and that makes you happy.

Wow.... replace "F-650" with "Land Cruiser" and I'd swear you spent a good bit of time psychoanalyzing me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

No 30-30, super fail.
View Quote

So many easy ones they missed.

.308 here. From an AR.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#3]
.408 Cheytac

You have a big dick and fuck all the wimmenz. Just don't lose your job because you will commit suicide without the ability to drive your Underground Racing built 2200hp Murcielago with custom coach interior.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wow.... replace "F-650" with "Land Cruiser" and I'd swear you spent a good bit of time psychoanalyzing me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does 50 BMG say?

So I am just a stereotypist. Can't help myself.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:46:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I couldn't find 250-3000, probably too much awesomeness for one website.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't own a rifle chambered for any of those.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
.408 Cheytac

You have a big dick and fuck all the wimmenz. Just don't lose your job because you will commit suicide without the ability to drive your Underground Racing built 2200hp Murcielago with custom coach interior.
View Quote

You are that guy from the movies that is very exotic. So exotic that when the women fall in love with you, you turn them down saying something along the lines of "I am not good for you" or "I have some urges you cannot satisfy". You probably have a job making stupid tons of money. And you collect weird things like a left nut from any animal that lived in the year 2001. Money is no object. You haven't actually fired your rifle, you just like the way "cheytac" sounds when you say it out loud in your exotic accent.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What? No 303 British? No 6.5x55?

Well...I do like 375 H&H...but I also like 416 Rigby
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't know anything about this one. I don't know anyone who has one. Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You are that guy from the movies that is very exotic. So exotic that when the women fall in love with you, you turn them down saying something along the lines of "I am not good for you" or "I have some urges you cannot satisfy". You probably have a job making stupid tons of money. And you collect weird things like a left nut from any animal that lived in the year 2001. Money is no object. You haven't actually fired your rifle, you just like the way "cheytac" sounds when you say it out loud in your exotic accent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.408 Cheytac

Perfect. Who doesn't like blowing two twenty dollar bills with every trigger pull?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"We call that White Privilege."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No 22 Hornet?  Author is racist!

"We call that White Privilege."

Concur.  Racist exercising his white privilege.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Perfect. Who doesn't like blowing two twenty dollar bills with every trigger pull?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
.408 Cheytac

You've never priced Mk211 Mod0 on the civilian market. $40 apiece? I'd be all over that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

375 H&H and 416 Rigby fall under the same category.

You have a large mustache, you wear a lot of khaki colored clothes. Your rifle most likely cost more than the guy who shoots 50 BMG. You hate optics, cape buffalo are plenty big enough to see without them. You also really enjoy getting hit in the shoulder, usually very hard. You have never fired your rifle from the prone or sitting position. You dream about an african safari, even though you have never been out of the central time zone.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Obviously the author is no fan of the AR platform, and likely a Fudd.
View Quote
Not a fan of the ladies I'd surmise as well

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

or 22 savage hi-power & 300 savage

Three great Newton cartridges
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nailed it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No 762x54r?

Why does the author hate poor people?

9. 7.62x54R

You strive to one day grow a full beard and live in a house that didn't once have wheels. You dream of the day you find an original 1912 cartridge belt that will fit your 44 inch waist but you know that will never happen. One of these days you'll save up enough of your fibromyalgia disability money to send your cousin(you know the one who hasn't yet picked up a domestic violence, felony, or drug conviction) to the gun store to pick up that SKS you always planned to put in a folding stock, add a 30 round magazine to and mount a crappy scope on the dust cover.

Nailed it.

Indeed.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#17]
.270 FTW
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#18]
No .300 savage... I guess according to this article, I'm outdated and irrelevant.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Obviously the author is no fan of the AR platform, and likely a Fudd.
View Quote

Clearly.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

ghey
View Quote
it also has the aids and the stink of fudd all over it

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:16:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does 50 BMG say?

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Alright, Bowman. Take a stab at 6.5 Grendel.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
You don't like to wear ear muffs, eh ?

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:08:47 PM EDT
[#24]
.30 carbine?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:18:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
ghey
View Quote

Pretty much.

.300wm
7mm Rem Mag.

I'm schizophrenic, talk a lot to myself, and old school as hell.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My favorite is 22 hornet which means I'm a cheap bastard.
View Quote

Cheap bastard?  Have you priced Hornet lately?  I'm happy when I find it for a buck a round, and when virgin brass showed up on Craigslist a few months ago, I almost took time off work to beat anybody else to it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Based on the article's reasoning, Civil War Reenactors who fire the cannons do it because they have 12 pound balls.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:06:13 AM EDT
[#28]
No 7.62x54R  I'm Hurt
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:18:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Did not see 6.5 x 55 swede?
View Quote

It's a one sided article.  We're neutral and don't get involved.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#30]
nailed it.....

8. .45/70 Government
You sir, were born a century too late. You find solace in a fat, stubby, fire hydrant of a cartridge that throws projectiles larger than the batteries for the remote control. You have a serious man-crush on Yosemite Sam. When you shave that tiny part of your face that doesn’t sport facial hair, you finish with “Looking good, pardner.” The Cleveland Indians mascot makes you reach for your fetchin’-iron, and you don’t mind carrying enough lead in your cartridge belt to make your pants drop at light speed. Oh, you can also work a lever action with your feet.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:54:23 AM EDT
[#31]
That was the stupidest crap I have endured all day, and that is saying a lot.  It was not funny in the slightest

Please don't post stuff like this.  It makes everyone look bad - the author of the article and the author of the first post.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Alright, Bowman. Take a stab at 6.5 Grendel.
View Quote

You have more AR's than fingers. You felt that 556 was weak, but your 308 was heavy. Someone mentioned to you something about ballistic coefficients and you needed to build a grendel. For you, there is no question the grendel cant answer. Every argument you have with someone ends on a comment about sectional density. What round for mice? Grendel. What round for Zebra? Grendel. What round for Cthulu? Grendel.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I got told, on this site, that I was full of BS for suggesting that Fudds didn't like the 5.56mm. Interesting.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

9. 7.62x54R

You strive to one day grow a full beard and live in a house that didn't once have wheels. You dream of the day you find an original 1912 cartridge belt that will fit your 44 inch waist but you know that will never happen. One of these days you'll save up enough of your fibromyalgia disability money to send your cousin(you know the one who hasn't yet picked up a domestic violence, felony, or drug conviction) to the gun store to pick up that SKS you always planned to put in a folding stock, add a 30 round magazine to and mount a crappy scope on the dust cover.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No 762x54r?

Why does the author hate poor people?

9. 7.62x54R

Bahaha best one yet
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You have a large mustache, you wear a lot of khaki colored clothes. Your rifle most likely cost more than the guy who shoots 50 BMG. You hate optics, cape buffalo are plenty big enough to see without them. You also really enjoy getting hit in the shoulder, usually very hard. You have never fired your rifle from the prone or sitting position. You dream about an african safari, even though you have never been out of the central time zone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Close...

Sold the .600, too much of a good thing...  
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I got told, on this site, that I was full of BS for suggesting that Fudds didn't like the 5.56mm. Interesting.
View Quote

It's not that, it's the rabid fan-dom that has people suggesting that a .223 is perfectly acceptable for choosing from your safe and going on a black bear or elk hunt, because "if'n it kills terrorists it won't have any trouble killing _____."

Much better options but people seem to think that this really fast .22 is a one size fits all, best-choice round.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top