Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#1]
funny stuff. the camera angle showing the coon going down the stairwell. It looks like the coon lost a body part as it's head hit the corner of the walk way.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

BS on the coon killing a human. My grandfather used to hunt them all the time ( Old time southerner ). Some he would just catch while wearing a pair of leather gloves. Then would swing them into a tree trunk killing them. Some he would shoot and some he would let the dogs tear apart... Come on
View Quote

Bad sport, your grandfather was.  One is supposed to climb the tree and poke the coon out to land amongst the dogs.  In this more sporting way, the coon is given the chance to whoop the dogs and walk off if he wants to.  Shooting it or whacking it against a tree is just wrong.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

How is "beef"  "raccoon" related?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

How is "beef"  "raccoon" related?

It was listed in the related videos to that video.  Its related
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

BS on the coon killing a human. My grandfather used to hunt them all the time ( Old time southerner ). Some he would just catch while wearing a pair of leather gloves. Then would swing them into a tree trunk killing them. Some he would shoot and some he would let the dogs tear apart... Come on
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That guy is a badass.

he was ignorant of a coon's real abilities.  I will run from a racoon. They can kill a man.  He just didn't know what he was messing with.  The coon still was fighting a dog in it's head - the instant he realized it was a man, he would have eat him up.

I bet he did catch and bash the occasional coon.  They come in all sizes.  I've never heard of one killing a man, but I do know of one mean-assed old boar coon who drowned four out of five coonhounds that were after him.  They chased him out into a slough of the river, and he had them dead before my uncle could get to the dogs to kill the coon.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#5]
coon might have been sick. notice the dog was on top of the coon?
catching and throwing a healthy pissed off coon would be pretty hard to do.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That guy is a badass.

he was ignorant of a coon's real abilities.  I will run from a racoon. They can kill a man.  He just didn't know what he was messing with.  The coon still was fighting a dog in it's head - the instant he realized it was a man, he would have eat him up.

WTF you talkin about that a coon can't kill a man!? I would bet on a coon over a stingray any day. And a stingray killed Steve Erwin. DRT.
So... Coon > stingray > Steve Erwin. Thus, a coon could kill Steve Erwin. We may as well just admit that a coon killed Steve Erwin. It happened. Anything that can kill Erwin can kill any other person.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Or a complete 360 and you get this:

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

In the first Video that Sheppard was playing...

The second video that raccoon is obviously a pet, and sure the third was too.

All three raccoons above are fairly small.  I wouldn't fear for my life with a normal raccoon but yea one on one a person would be in a heap of trouble with a big angry boar raccoon.  We always hunted raccoons with at least two dogs and three or more was better.  One on one a big raccoon would likely win a fight with most coon hounds but two on one the raccoon will always loose.  The issue is they have a capable mouth as well as four well equipped feet to fight an unconventional fight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tBRn4xKmzM

Or a complete 360 and you get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kbef0IEv0I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyUl0o2iJZA

In the first Video that Sheppard was playing...

The second video that raccoon is obviously a pet, and sure the third was too.

All three raccoons above are fairly small.  I wouldn't fear for my life with a normal raccoon but yea one on one a person would be in a heap of trouble with a big angry boar raccoon.  We always hunted raccoons with at least two dogs and three or more was better.  One on one a big raccoon would likely win a fight with most coon hounds but two on one the raccoon will always loose.  The issue is they have a capable mouth as well as four well equipped feet to fight an unconventional fight.

Why i posted the 360 comment. A complete turn around from what people think is normal. They can be fun pets ( parents have 2 ). Still trying to find a better more aggressive coon attack.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#10]
In a non-coon related observation, I covet that guys security camera setup.  Good quality video even in the dark.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

In a non-coon related observation, I covet that guys security camera setup.  Good quality video even in the dark.
View Quote

http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/bobjonesar15/media/7_14_20139_39_15PMUTC-05_00_zps246df6b8.mp4.html

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#12]
fucking pussy dog...not even worth feeding

ridgeback below is a coon killer

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s919.photobucket.com/user/mccujo03/media/MAX_zpsd05c6dca.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad32/mccujo03/MAX_zpsd05c6dca.jpg</a>
View Quote

Used for lion hunting. Of course it will mess a coon up.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Umm, I thought...nevermind.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s919.photobucket.com/user/mccujo03/media/MAX_zpsd05c6dca.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad32/mccujo03/MAX_zpsd05c6dca.jpg</a>

Hey I always take a gun to a knife fight!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I know right it was perfect

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was a great throw, I like how the coon was in perfect X form as he spun helplessly down the stairwell.
I know right it was perfect

The glowing eyes were a nice touch.

LC
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
First of all, we didn't see what preceded the confrontation, so I'm reserving judgement until the rest of the story comes out.

For all we know, the dog was harassing the racoon who lived nearby and was minding his own business.

The dog's servant ran into that situation without knowing the backstory, and could have screwed up a legitimate beat down.

I'd like to know the details. I do know that was edited video, probably has an agenda.
View Quote

I'm thinkin' that coon lived in the neighborhood and had every right to be there.  Even more than an UNLEASHED poodle.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Came home at 1am to see my lab sitting in the driveway with a not dead yet coon in his mouth.
I went into the garage, got the .22 walked back to the dog, it was like he had been waiting on this moment.
As soon as I got close he dropped the coon and hauled ass.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#19]
The Shepherd in the video above was handicapped by it's weak owner. The last time my shep started fighting with a coon it was game on. Why let your dog get hurt? I let my Pit mix go and they distracted the coon while I snuck up behind and dropped a huge fooking rock on it's head. Game over. Vet bills are expensive.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#20]
When he threw that raccoon I laughed so hard, I almost shit my pants.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:52:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Bravo sir.  Bravo
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#23]

I don't know why I laugh but it gets me every single time.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:29:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That guy is a badass.

Maybe as a general rule they cannot kill a man.  But you're still not going to let me stuff an angry one down your sleeping bag now are you?  You'd come out looking like a couple of packs of low grade bacon and screaming like a girl.  A  baby coon attacked me when I was a little boy and i thought the damned Tasmanian Devil from the bugs bunny cartoon  had come to life.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

What a shock the guy in the video would have been in for if he grabbed a larger coon under different circumstances.  If so that vid would hve been MUCH more popular.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Fucking city boys posts always deliver ...

A coon could kill a man!?

Bwaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa

Man almost looses his life ...

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Bad sport, your grandfather was.  One is supposed to climb the tree and poke the coon out to land amongst the dogs.  In this more sporting way, the coon is given the chance to whoop the dogs and walk off if he wants to.  Shooting it or whacking it against a tree is just wrong.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easy there Vernel.  You know good an well that ain't everybody got toe nails thick enough to hook into the bark of a Sweetgum tree.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fucking city boys posts always deliver ...

A coon could kill a man!?

Bwaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa

Man almost looses his life .. plays with raccoon and has fun.

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#29]
these responses are almost better than the video
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#30]
I live too far out in the country to worry about being attacked by coons.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Raccoon willie does not approve

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#32]
LOL.  "jus shoot up here amongst us - one of us has got to have some relief."

Quoted:

Easy there Vernel.  You know good an well that ain't everybody got toe nails thick enough to hook into the bark of a Sweetgum tree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Mine just chills and eats popcorn

damn im gettin old
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
funny stuff. the camera angle showing the coon going down the stairwell. It looks like the coon lost a body part as it's head hit the corner of the walk way.
View Quote

I would bet that was dog fur that flew out of his mouth.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top