BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

snip

They also bought LRads which was a good move on the japs part.

On their blog they're bitching about the LRads being used on them while they were intentionally ramming another ship.  

Medical Implications of Physical Attacks on the Sea Shepherd Crew by the Japanese Whalers.

Report by Dr. David
Ship's Medical Officer - Steve Irwin

During the engagements between the Sea Shepherd crew and the Japanese whaling fleet I witnessed first hand the attacks on our crew by three methods.

1. Water Cannons: Long range, high powered water hoses with enough pressure to break bones and cause severe soft tissue injury were aimed at individual crewmembers both in the small boats and onboard the Steve Irwin. One crewmember, a cameraman was hit in the face violently knocking him backwards off his seat and onto the deck of the small boat. He sustained a bleeding abrasion to the inner aspect of one eye and soft tissue bruising to his neck and lower back. In my opinion if the force had been taken in the middle part of his eye he would have sustained permanent eye damage. Another crewmember was knocked off his feet onboard the Steve Irwin. He also sustained soft tissue bruising and the risk of being knocked overboard and dying of hypothermia is a real risk in these waters where the survival time is measured in minutes.
  2. Throwing of heavy metal objects & other items including nuts and bolts and golf balls was deployed a number of times specifically at crew members. Numerous abrasions & bruises resulted to crewmembers. Facial bone fractures and eye damage was a very real possibility.
  3. Use of Long Range Acoustical Device (LRAD). This device transmits high decibel output up to 163 decibels. High and low frequency tones to distances beyond 500 metres. This device was aimed at Sea Shepherd crew while in the air in our helicopter and at crew in the small boats and onboard the Steve Irwin. High frequency tones were severely distracting with inner ear and balance affects. Crewmembers reported feeling temporary disorientation and balance problems. Low frequency tones can apparently cause significant nervous system affects. The affects of this device on individuals operating helicopters, small boats and the Steve Irwin are very severe. LRAD blasts were aimed at close quarters at the bridge of the Steve Irwin at the time of two separate collision incidents.

I am deeply disturbed by the unprovoked attacks against Sea Shepherd crew. We were extremely fortunate that no severe injuries occurred.

I urge the Australian government to call on the Japanese government to assure that such attacks do not occur in the future.

You have to be a special kind of delusional to claim that the defensive measures taken by another ship while you are trying to ram them were unprovoked attacks.  
I swear the japs could toss the exact same butter bomb things back at the SS and they'd still bitch that the japs were unnecessarily escalating the conflict.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#2]
lol at their website history..

Later on this campaign, in an effort to bring one of the sealing ship's operations to a halt, Watson handcuffed himself to a pile of seal pelts that were attached to the winch of a sealing vessel. When the sealers saw what he had done, they dragged him and the pile of pelts across the ice then up into the air, slamming them against the hull of the ship. Then they plunged Watson into the frigid waters several times causing him to lose feeling in his limbs and lose consciousness. Finally, when Fisheries Minister officers arrived on the scene, he was strapped to a stretcher and hoisted onboard, where the sealers almost suffocated him by pressing seal blubber over his face, then dragging him across the deck through seal fat and blood, kicking him all along the way.

take that fatty!

I'd love to strap myself to some beaver-pelts  It would remind me of college ba-da––dunk, i'm here all week.....try the surf and turf
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:49:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Imagine being out LEGALLY hunting some rare species when some radical group comes along and physically assaults you.  I would have immediately assumed my life was in danger the minute they pulled the trigger on them cannons, ETA, pointed them cannons at me, (you know like maybe getting drowned or knocked off your own boat, I'd think of something), and promptly defended myself.  Them bastards should have been arrested or dealt with the same way they handled them African pirates.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:55:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the actions taken by the Japanese crews are completely justified.............the Steve Irwin idiots are throwing bags of acids, paints and all kinds of crap at them. A harpoon through the bridge and hull might make them change their ways

Quoted:
Quoted:

snip

They also bought LRads which was a good move on the japs part.

On their blog they're bitching about the LRads being used on them while they were intentionally ramming another ship.  

Medical Implications of Physical Attacks on the Sea Shepherd Crew by the Japanese Whalers.

Report by Dr. David
Ship's Medical Officer - Steve Irwin

During the engagements between the Sea Shepherd crew and the Japanese whaling fleet I witnessed first hand the attacks on our crew by three methods.

1. Water Cannons: Long range, high powered water hoses with enough pressure to break bones and cause severe soft tissue injury were aimed at individual crewmembers both in the small boats and onboard the Steve Irwin. One crewmember, a cameraman was hit in the face violently knocking him backwards off his seat and onto the deck of the small boat. He sustained a bleeding abrasion to the inner aspect of one eye and soft tissue bruising to his neck and lower back. In my opinion if the force had been taken in the middle part of his eye he would have sustained permanent eye damage. Another crewmember was knocked off his feet onboard the Steve Irwin. He also sustained soft tissue bruising and the risk of being knocked overboard and dying of hypothermia is a real risk in these waters where the survival time is measured in minutes.
  2. Throwing of heavy metal objects & other items including nuts and bolts and golf balls was deployed a number of times specifically at crew members. Numerous abrasions & bruises resulted to crewmembers. Facial bone fractures and eye damage was a very real possibility.
  3. Use of Long Range Acoustical Device (LRAD). This device transmits high decibel output up to 163 decibels. High and low frequency tones to distances beyond 500 metres. This device was aimed at Sea Shepherd crew while in the air in our helicopter and at crew in the small boats and onboard the Steve Irwin. High frequency tones were severely distracting with inner ear and balance affects. Crewmembers reported feeling temporary disorientation and balance problems. Low frequency tones can apparently cause significant nervous system affects. The affects of this device on individuals operating helicopters, small boats and the Steve Irwin are very severe. LRAD blasts were aimed at close quarters at the bridge of the Steve Irwin at the time of two separate collision incidents.

I am deeply disturbed by the unprovoked attacks against Sea Shepherd crew. We were extremely fortunate that no severe injuries occurred.

I urge the Australian government to call on the Japanese government to assure that such attacks do not occur in the future.

You have to be a special kind of delusional to claim that the defensive measures taken by another ship while you are trying to ram them were unprovoked attacks.  
I swear the japs could toss the exact same butter bomb things back at the SS and they'd still bitch that the japs were unnecessarily escalating the conflict.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:16:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I swear to ARFCOM, that if I win the lottery, I will buy a ship, name it "The good ship Stingray" and harass the Sea Sheppard assholes to no end.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:23:50 AM EDT
[#6]
If their ship ever would sink, obviously you'd hear about it before the season starts.  And, of course the footage for that season would be at the bottom of the sea.  

I, like you, watch the show in the hopes that I'll get to see a hippie drown or get clubbed by a Japanese fisherman.  But honestly, if something tragic ever happens, it would be in the news before it ever gets to TV.   So we must assume that the ship makes it home.  Oh well, I still watch...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:48:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How epic of a thread would it be if an Arfcommer enlisted with them and posted a pic of himself with Cap'n Paul, arm in arm on the Steve Irwin with a BFL in the background?  

100 Internets to the first man to accomplish the mission.

May I link the site for you?  They are looking for people to join their cause!  Who's going to take the challenge?

Sea Shepherd Crew

Apparently they have more than one and they also pull long lines used in fishing among other tactics.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

Sea Shepherd is looking for dedicated individuals to crew aboard our ocean-going ships.

Our obstacles are immense. The motivation to destroy life in our oceans is fueled by material greed. It is easy to recruit crew for money, however, we need to recruit a crew motivated by a passionate compassion. We need people who burn inside with a rage against the injustices perpetrated upon whales, dolphins, seals, sea turtles, sea birds, fish, and every living thing in the world's oceans. We need such people on our ship and in the ranks of our supporters.

All marine wildlife and the ecosystems in which they live are worth fighting for. We need your help in this endeavor.

Help Wanted -
Volunteers Needed!
Job Description: No pay, Long hours, Hard work, Dangerous conditions, Extreme weather.
Guaranteed: Adventure, fulfillment, and the hardest work you will ever love. The experience of a lifetime.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:55:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish them luck even though they are crazy mofo's. Armed forced would be more effective.

I personally don't understand the hunting of whales anymore though, when most of the things made with their blubber can be made artificially. There may be products not as good, but I'd like to know what there are.

If it was a matter of food it would be different but I don't think their living off eating them either and hunting anything to the point of extinction even for food is just stupid, shortsighted and wrong.

It's not like Arfcom doesn't have a good population of environmentally unconcerned idiots though.

What we destroy won't be here to be enjoyed later.

Let me try to explain it to you then…

First, a couple of facts.

“Whales” are a very diverse group of species. Different species of whales have different habitats, different feeding habits, different intelligence levels, different everything. They are at least as a diverse a group as primates are.

“International Law” isn’t created by some kind of world legislature. It’s simply a collection of treaties which nations voluntarily agree to follow and a declaration of force where some nations say they will use their military and police powers in a certain way.

Several decades ago, certain species of whales were being hunted to extinction by the whaling industry. There was an agreement to limit whaling by several nations, including Japan. The problem is that the Japanese government couldn’t agree to an outright ban on whaling due to the political realities back home. And, the anti-whaling nations couldn’t allow blatant exceptions due to the political realities in their nations. So, the Japanese were allowed to harvest a certain number of a certain kind of whale for “research.” According to the treaty the meat had to be sold in Japan for food. This compromise (aka “lie”) was what made the treaty possible.

The Japanese whalers are not hunting endangered whales. While many whale species are endangered, the ones the Japanese are hunting are quite common. The Japanese are not taking those whales in numbers that could ever endanger them either. The Japanese whaling is completely sustainable.

Remember the Japanese are voluntarily restricting their whaling. The only “law” against whaling is a treaty that they could abrogate at will. Then they could, if they wanted, go on to slaughter every single whale in the ocean. And Captain Dumbfuck of the “Good Ship Lollypop” is creating problems that could cause the Japanese to simply start ignoring the treaty.

All of the “extinction” crap you get on that show is just that, a load of crap.

I guess you can make a moral argument that hunting this particular species of whale is wrong because the whale is so intelligent… except I don’t know that this species of whale is any smarter than cattle. I don’t know that they aren’t either. But just because one species of whale is fairly bright doesn’t mean that all whales are.

Remember, the pirate hippies (or is it hippie pirates) are vegans. They don’t think you should eat a steak either and if they could get away with it they would go ramming trucks into Burger King to shut them down too.

Very well said.  I don't think there's any good reason to kill whales, but that's my cultural bias.  Are they intelligent, self-aware creatures?  We really don't know, although a lot of signs point to that very idea.  I personally think we should leave them alone, if for no other reason than they might be.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:57:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm surprised the dumbasses haven't been shot yet.

Oh, but the Captian guy was shot.  A Japanese sniper shot him from one sailing ship to the other sailing ship at several hunded meters directly in the heart.  

Thank God he was wearing his bullet proof vest.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:22:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm surprised the dumbasses haven't been shot yet.

Oh, but the Captian guy was shot.  A Japanese sniper shot him from one sailing ship to the other sailing ship at several hunded meters directly in the heart.  

Thank God he was wearing his bullet proof vest.  

I hope you relize that was staged.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:30:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What they do on that show is PIRACY...  I am quite surprised nobody on here has made note of that fact yet.  They go out and BOARD and ATTACK foreign vessels in an attempt to get them to stop whaling.  What really needs to happen is one of those whaling ship's crew needs to repel boarders at all costs, and maybe the "Steve Irwin" will get the hint.

On a side note, what a way to really "honor" Steve Irwin's name...  A bunch of douchebag tree huggers going out and committing international crimes...

It's been noted several times in multiple threads that they are pirates.

As for Steve Irwin's name....well, his Widow says that if he was still alive, he would be aboard with them fighting the whalers.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:34:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I swear to ARFCOM, that if I win the lottery, I will buy a ship, name it "The good ship Stingray" and harass the Sea Sheppard assholes to no end.

ill sign up for that cruise
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:55:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA   You need a Gunner's Mate, Ace?

ETA:  The first mate is an asshat of epic proportions.  Naval protocol be damned, I'd put his ass over the side.  What they gonna do, fire me?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:56:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Can we sail near the Horn of Africa afterward?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, hippies then skinnies.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:29:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Fucking hippies bitch about water cannons and LRADS but have no qualms about chucking glass bottles full of butyric acid and packets of slicking agents. Read the MSDS on butyric acid-"butter bomb" is whale humper propaganda-while it may occur (in tiny ammounts) in rancid butter, hurling glass bottles of concentrated butyric acid is assault with a deadly weapon.

Put simply, throw glass bottles filled with chemicals at me and I will shoot you in the fucking face, take your woman and turn your hippie pelt into a seat cover.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:36:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I wonder how much donated American scrap iron it'd take for the Japanese to make a Q-ship.

The symbolic gesture, and the results (sunken hippies) would be priceless!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:46:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't it be easier to stake out several ports in AUS and drink beer until the ship arrives.  After they berth board with some thermite and melt holes through the engines, hull, and fuel tanks?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:59:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I volunteer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:01:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't it be easier to stake out several ports in AUS and drink beer until the ship arrives.  After they berth board with some thermite and melt holes through the engines, hull, and fuel tanks?

The French know how to deal with filthy hippies.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:07:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The French know how to deal with filthy hippies.

True but I don't have a mine to use.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, because then they would just cry and get a new ship donated.

I want to torment them. Follow them around throwing CS grenades on their decks, spraying OC spray at them from fire hoses, eating whale burgers on deck while they watch, burning tons of styrofoam cups on deck, dumping all our empty beer bottles into the sea.

I want to do to them what they do to the japanese sailors, only worse.

Finally, I want to find a way to trick a killer whale into eating them, alive if possible.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#23]
What an amazing collection of misfits!  And no discipline on that crew.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Make sure it's a big lottery so that you can buy a ship with an ice-rated hull unlike the Failboat.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#25]
From what I've seen of it, and from what I have gleaned from talking to those who are in favor of organizations like Greenpeace, most the people who are conducting the anti-whaling activities are doing it simply to be in defiance of something, to express opposition to something and to obstruct something while getting media coverage.

If they weren't protesting whaling they would be protesting, conservatives, logging or guns.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, because then they would just cry and get a new ship donated.

I want to torment them. Follow them around throwing CS grenades on their decks, spraying OC spray at them from fire hoses, eating whale burgers on deck while they watch, burning tons of styrofoam cups on deck, dumping all our empty beer bottles into the sea.

I want to do to them what they do to the japanese sailors, only worse.

Finally, I want to find a way to trick a killer whale into eating them, alive if possible.

I am in, if I can drink beer while harassing them?

Perhaps I could head the an "off-season" campaign of bedding their women folk and causing mayhem.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ensign VTHOKIESHOOTER asking permission to come aboard.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ensign VTHOKIESHOOTER asking permission to come aboard.

You can come below decks and help me in the armory. We'll keep the 16' guns rockin'!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top