BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:13:20 AM EDT
[#1]
yup- Phi Kappa Tau
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:14:53 AM EDT
[#2]
No. At 19 I was already working on an ambulance full time as an EMT, and by 22 was a medic. Both were community college programs. By the time I went back to a 4-year college for my bachelor's at Cal State I was in my early thirties and married, had a family, and was working full time. 
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:15:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yup.
Lambda Chi Alpha.
View Quote
Same.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:18:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
LXA I was fucking, drinking and fighting like hemingway.
View Quote
You don't know what delta pi means!

Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, if you counting on that one, I guess I was too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, Delta Sigma Phi - Had an absolute blast.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:22:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yep, Delta Sigma Phi - Had an absolute blast.
View Quote
Check your inbox.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:23:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nope.

I didn't need to pay money for friends and parties.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep. At Iowa State.

It was great!

Don't know why those of you who weren't in frats are so negative about them. When I could be bothered to notice you eff'ing dormies I was generally courteous.

Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:28:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
ZAX

another LXA here

Quoted:
yup.
Lambda Chi Alpha.
Quoted:

Same.
Quoted:

You don't know what delta pi means!

jeez theres a lot of lamb chops here
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:29:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Knights of Classic Lore... my fraters will know me by that name.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:30:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Nope. Was in the band for 2 years, RA in the dorms, and also on the cycling team, Never saw the appeal of frats
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:31:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So far we have 1 teek.
View Quote
Teke
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:37:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Saw no point.
I was too busy working a job, and going to classes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:38:37 AM EDT
[#15]
No, I didn't need to pay for friends.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:45:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Saw no point.
I was too busy working a job, and going to classes.
View Quote
Get both? I did and survived.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:55:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Nope. I don't know how they got school work done. I went to a school on the quarter system. They had 'rush' three times a year. Posted their schedule of parties at the cafeteria trying to draw in new students, because a student could start at the beginning of winter or spring instead of the usual fall and I guess they wanted to give everyone a fair chance at joining any time of the year. I talked to this one guy who was hanging out in our lounge and he moved out if the frat and into an apartment just to get homework done. It was not possible with all the constant partying. He was still a brother but just attended the meetings and some parties.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:56:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Those that chose not to, I never questioned why or derided them. But I always wondered why those who chose not to often feel the need to attack those that did...
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:59:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yup. Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE). Loved every minute of it. Hands down the best part of my college experience.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:05:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nope. I don't know how they got school work done. I went to a school on the quarter system. They had 'rush' three times a year. Posted their schedule of parties at the cafeteria trying to draw in new students, because a student could start at the beginning of winter or spring instead of the usual fall and I guess they wanted to give everyone a fair chance at joining any time of the year. I talked to this one guy who was hanging out in our lounge and he moved out if the frat and into an apartment just to get homework done. It was not possible with all the constant partying. He was still a brother but just attended the meetings and some parties.
View Quote
Some people can handle house life, others can't. I managed to graduate with close to a 3.9 with a dual major, dual minors, VP of the Student Senate, Prytanis (President) of my chapter, President of Inter Fraternity Council, and News Director of the campus radio station, worked 20 hours a week managing the Men's Department at JC Penny, and played on the scrimmage lacrosse team running opposition for Varsity practice. Other guys had to pound the books non-stop, and has very little social life just to get B's and C's.

One of the best parts of fraternity life for me was helping the guys who struggled to perform better. I was fortunate to spend six years in a Christian Brothers' school. They gave me the tools to excel. I was fortunate in that regard and has the opportunity to pay it forward.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Nope.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:16:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Those that chose not to, I never questioned why or derided them. But I always wondered why those who chose not to often feel the need to attack those that did...
View Quote
Exactly...

It's like they're still burned over either getting cut, or not having the balls to rush in the first place. 

Anyway, I managed to... wait for it... have friends who were my fraternity brothers, have friends who were my dorm mates, have friends from class, have friends from work, work part time, do ROTC, AND I did well enough that my diploma looks like everyone else's!! 

Is is such a thing even possible?!?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:18:14 AM EDT
[#23]
On second thought, does American Nuclear Society count?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:29:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well, if you counting on that one, I guess I was too.
View Quote
Children are cute. Just gonna leave it at that. ;)
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:31:32 AM EDT
[#25]
What is college?...
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:56:47 AM EDT
[#26]
ATO at Texas
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:58:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Army ROTC, better than a frat, and you didn't have to pay to be in.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:02:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Another TKE checking in.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:14:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Sigma Nu...Delta Omicron chapter. Great times.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:23:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pike from the University of Washington checking in.  

Those Chico State assholes can FOAD though.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:25:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Pike from the University of Washington checking in.  

Those Chico State assholes can FOAD though.

View Quote
Pretty much.  That thread on arfcom was a clusterfuck.

Alpha omega chapter here.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:28:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Phi Sigma Kappa - Sigma Epsilon Chapter - best time of my life.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:31:43 AM EDT
[#33]
I was ten years older than the traditional freshman, so no.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:41:31 AM EDT
[#34]
GD hates fraternities, because you'd have to leave the basement to be in one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:45:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Was pretty certain there would be a lot more pikes in the gd. lol
View Quote
Why?  Here's another pike gentleman checking in
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:48:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yup. Delta Tau Delta (DTD). Loved every minute of it. Hands down the best part of my college experience.
View Quote
FIFM - fixed it for me.

Still have good friends from back then. Great networking opportunities. I understand it's not for everyone, there are pros and cons to any decisions. I enjoyed it, but I have friends that had just as good a time and have been even more successful and weren't involved in any frat.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:02:20 AM EDT
[#37]
phi delta theta.  good times.

now i'm going to be singing phikeia songs for the rest of the evening.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:06:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
The appeal of it varies GREATLY from one school to the next.  I thought it was the dumbest shit I'd ever heard of before college.  Freshman year went to a school that was >80% Greek.  Still wasn't interested, but at the very last minute signed up for rush just for shiggles.  Only one appealed to me, laid back dudes with no particular reputation.  They weren't the "jock" frat or the "geek" frat or whatever.  Parties, pussy, but more than anything the living conditions beat the shit out of the dorms.  Then, long story short, I transferred and didn't even think about joining the chapter at the next school.  I would see the guys with the letters on their shirts and I never said shit to any of them.  I never tell anybody about it, but I don't deny it, nobody asks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:04:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Tappa Klappa Zappa.

The fraternity of Wine, Women, and Song.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:05:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Psi U smaller frat, had a great time and great growing experience.  President of the chapter, ifc judi board, both  learning experiences.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:25:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Absolutely. I was a Theta Xi at the University of Nebraska, Kearney. We were the Beta Nu chapter, the Beta Nu Wrecking Crew. We were, iconoclastic, to put it mildly.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:32:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Ah, GD takes a nice break from religion threads. I predict a free and open exchange of ideas and insights conducted in an atmosphere of sincere mutual respect.

Oh, yeah, IN!

(ETA: hell no.)
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:36:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:37:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:39:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yup. Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE). Loved every minute of it. Hands down the best part of my college experience.
View Quote
YITB.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:40:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So far we have 1 teek.
View Quote
It's Teke  
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:00:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Yup. Theta Chi here. Had a great time with it. Also was in ROTC, had a job, kept a steady girlfriend and was in the Guard while I was in college. It's manageable. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Can't say.  My first roommate was in one.  I spent a lot of time at his frat house and went to a lot of parties with him.  

Unfortunately he was a drunk fighter and I learned not to jump in on his side when he was fighting a fellow frat brother. 

Second roommate was in the army reserves and I spent more fun time with him and other army guys and believe it or not less shenanigans. 
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:34:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Pi Kappa Phi
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:38:15 AM EDT
[#50]
No. Not really a fan of butt chugging.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top