LIFE SCOUT

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, and am now currently a leader.

I made it to Star and found the three "P's"
Petrolium , Paycheck, and Perfume....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Brownie pie is mmmm mmmm good.  On a serious note I made it to weeblo but never stuck with it to become a boyscout or eaglescout.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I was in the Tiger Cubs for about a month or so but I didn't like it.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I was an Eagle Scout. I joined the Cub Scouts and stayed until I was 18.

The peer pressure is definatly a bitch. We had to use code words and such at school to talk about shit from the meetings. Otherwise, we were going to get ripped on forever. Never mind that my name is James Dale. I am NOT the homo that sued the BSA, but having the same name and being in the Boy Scouts at the time when he was in the news was no fun at all.

I also managed to bend the rules so that the Boy Scout law and oath didn't prevent me from doing all the normal teenage stuff like drinking, smoking, getting laid, and getting thrown into the local YDC.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Very active in Cubs and Webelos, we were always doing cool stuff and went camping all the time ... I sill have my uniform, and I remember that at that time I had every badge, pin, and cord that a kid was capable of.

Started in the Boy Scouts (Tenderfoot?) and the troop was lethargic, they never did anything, and I ended up quitting shortly thereafter.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I joined up in 3rd grade and ade it all the way to Eagle Scout. One of the best and most rewarding experiences of my life so far.

Also in OA and went to Philmont twice. I had enough merit badges for my 3 plams but I ran out of the required time to get them...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, I was in Boy Scouts, and I am proud to say I'm an Eagle Scout...it AIN'T easy.

I also managed to do so after discovering vagina...

SG
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I made it to the cub scouts...but I was KICKED OUT OF THE WEBELOS

www.home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/webelos.mp3
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I was in for a couple of years (life scout) but I quit, because they moved the meeting night to the same night as the weekly gun club meeting.  A fellow has got to have priorities!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#12]
still am...but not eagle yet....so i didnt enter in the poll (will get my eagle)
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Went through Cub Scouts.. got Arrow Of Light, then into Boy Scouts.. got Eagle Scout.

I now serve on the District Committee as a Committee member, the youngest on the board. (21)
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Your son is an "Eagle Scout".  This is an elite paramilitary organization?

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
btw to all you proud Eagle Scouts out there, congratulations.  between peer pressure and vaginas, its real hard to make it all the way these days.

I was only a start before I left.  Wished I had gone farther though.  But congrats to the people who made Eagle.  YOU ROCK!

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:17:50 PM EDT
[#16]
i went to one meeting, i saw how gay it was and bailed. i had more fun going shooting and hunting with my friends and grandfather.  i knew a few mormon guys that made it to eagle scout and we ripped the shit out of them everytime they brought it up. i think its a good club but just not for me seemed so nerdy. then again  about everyone was in FFA i think what club your in has alot to do with were you live.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Just a couple of merit badges short of making it to Eagle, then we moved out of state and never got back to it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I think back in the 1930s or so it used to not be so nerdy.  It was already well on the way back in the late 1950 and 1960s.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I was in till I was 18. I made it to life and had one merit badge left for eagle. I even had my service project done. The later years I was not as active. I worked staff at a camp from the time I was 15 till 18. I learned how to shoot in the Boy scouts. I was in a very active troop lots of camping and a few survival weekends. Dropped out in the woods with little supplies, (no shelter or water).
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I made Life when I hit 17.  My troop here had a gap, there were the boys mostly under 12, and about half a dozen of us around 16-17.  The parents and some of the leadership always kinda saw us as some sort of 'bad influence' on the younger boys.  They gave me a hard time on the review for First Class, and Life.  I didn't have enough time to possibly complete Eagle... I also didn't have the desire at the time.

The scoutmaster's son made Eagle.  He was a bit of a geek/dork... but he got an INVITE to the USAFA.  Man, I'd have loved to have gone there... followed in my father's footsteps...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yup, Eagle, OA brotherhood.

I am currently a Scoutmaster, ditrict OA advisor, Venture Crew Advisor and for those of you hardcore Scouts I just got my Wood Badge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOT WOOT!!!!!

MD?
Which district?
Surely not my beloved H-team?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I had fun the few times we went camping and learning useful skills like the different knots and fire starting with out matches.  But then I discovered my dad's survival books and magazines, "Bushcraft", and a few other military survival ones.  Those taught me alot.

I had a shitty troop though.  We were a small troop and worked hard to get money for all sorts of camping trips but only went to a total of 4 camp trips in 8 years.  I was really disappointed in it all, but soon I discovered vagina and went camping with friends and family.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:22:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Your son is an "Eagle Scout".  This is an elite paramilitary organization?

Go to sporting goods store, and find the forms 4473...

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:27:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes.  Does thinking the whole thing was a waste of time make me a bad American?  I thought BSA was supposed to be about camping and fun stuff, but I recognized the other kids in my troop as freaky little nerds even back then and didn't want to associate with them.  We never did anything fun either.

Yeah, it seemed like the same thing to me.  There were basically two groups, scouts that joined to contribute to their delinquent ways, setting shit on fire, shooting guns, drinking.  And then there were the scouts that came because mom made them, so they can learn to be men.  These kids hardly ever make it to eagle, just because of the other group of scouts that tries to make their life miserable

You were in my Troop?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I was an Eagle Scout. I joined the Cub Scouts and stayed until I was 18.

The peer pressure is definatly a bitch. We had to use code words and such at school to talk about shit from the meetings. Otherwise, we were going to get ripped on forever. Never mind that my name is James Dale. I am NOT the homo that sued the BSA, but having the same name and being in the Boy Scouts at the time when he was in the news was no fun at all.

I also managed to bend the rules so that the Boy Scout law and oath didn't prevent me from doing all the normal teenage stuff like drinking, smoking, getting laid, and getting thrown into the local YDC.  

My dad has the same name, and no he didn't sue the BSA either.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Eagle.

Edit: Since everyone else is giving stats, I guess I should too: Three palms, OA (got a HUGE collection of flaps...anyone wanna trade some?),  6 years as aquatics director at camp, District council member.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:52:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I had fun in scouts but I only did it for a year. The troop that I was in was mostly rich kids so trips were often too expensive for me to go on. My brother was better off. His troop was much better. They were well funded because of a yearly fundraiser, and they were more of a camping troop than mine was. They went camping at least once a month. They also had a yearly firearms camping trip too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Yes I was small town called Stanley NC
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:29:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Eagle, Order of the Arrow.  Scouts are what the junior and the adult leaders make of it.  It got me into shooting for better or worse.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Eagle Scout, Order of the Arrow (District Chief), Camp staff member 5 years, last year at camp I was assistant camp director.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:40:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Eagle, 3 Palms, OA Vigil Member
Im still registered as an adult leader with my troop, but I am only active when they really need help.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Back in the good 'ole days, the dads took the gay scout leader into the woods and beat him to a pulp. You're not allowed to do that nowadays, so no scouting for the next generation.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:18:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Made it to Eagle Scout the day before my 16th birthday. I did my boards on Oct 22 and my b-day was Oct 23. So technically I was 15 when I made it.

I was Order of the Arrow (Brotherhood Memberm Vigil was too political for me to make) too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Eagle, 3 Palms, OA Vigil Member
Im still registered as an adult leader with my troop, but I am only active when they really need help.

I am impressed here.  Congrats on the Vigil.  I wish I could have made mine, but had to work (3 jobs at the time) and dropped completely out.  Now I drive a truck and am not home enough toget re-involved

But to you!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Got my Eagle at 15. Brotherhood member of the Order of the Arrow. Did a summer at Charles L. Sommers canoe base. That was the biggest adventure of my life. Everything you took for 2 weeks had to fit in a 5 gal bucket, including sleeping bag. Reader's Digest version: Guide got sick on day 2, biplane flew him out, fog set it, couldn't see shit, had to navigate by compass only for nearly 2 days, couldn't see the front of the canoe. Best time of my life.

Scouts were a great idea, and I plan on having my kids in it, God willing. I was in scouts during the time when some were turning in to a bunch of pussies. Go to camp, eat at the dining hall. Dining hall? What the fuck is that? I think I will just cook mine on the good old fire. Before you know it they will be sleeping on Sleep Number beds.

Sorry, that was a rant, but yes I am an Eagle Scout. It's awesome to see how many there are here.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top