Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:03:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Shrimp or Chicken Saag is the best  

and naan
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:04:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I hit an Indian buffet for lunch yesterday, and ate so much I didn't want more than a snack for supper.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:07:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Oldest son came in for the holidays. For a country kid he's picked up a few not so normal (for Alabama anyway) culinary traits. So we went to a local Indian restaurant. Was not in a good part of town, surprise, building it was most likely a Chinese buffet that went out of business. We parked, went in, was met by some fat Indian dude, could tell he hadn't spent much time in his home country lately, but he had a high squeaky voice. There were quite a few Indians there, son told me that was a good thing because the food would be closer to genuine. The place had an odd smell. Another dude with a squeaky voice came by, did the classic waiter thing and left a few menus. WTF. Lots of lamb. I'm not eating anything that cowboys regularly fuck. I got the shrimp. I didn't know that spices that hot were legal. I ate it all - shrimp, vegetables, rice, crackly bread, green and red sauce, all of it. It was pretty damn good. Till the next morning.  I could have cut steel plate with the noxious fumes blowing out of my asshole. Oh the agony. I was hitting the flush lever like it had a slide fire.  If there would have been a spark - well you can imagine the damage. That ain't gonna happen again.

Eat it more than once/decade and your guts will get used to it.  

I eat Indian MREs at work all the time, 3 or 4 times/week.  100% food, no weirdo bullshit you need a chemical engineering degree to understand.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:15:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Indian food is wonderful...
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I love curry because of my time in South Africa.  I especially love Briyani.  There was an middle-aged husband and wife that I knew in Welkom, South Africa.  This was in the province called the Free State.  They were originally from Kimberly in the Western Cape.  Both of them were descended from the people who lived in Kimberly and worked at the diamond mines in that area during the late 1800's and early 1900's.  

They had a very mixed ancestry, one time the father told me that he had African, German, Dutch, Welsh, and Indian ancestors and his wife was the same.  In any case they would have us over for dinner and his wife would make Briyani and was half strength so it would not destroy me and it was still hot and currylicious and fantastic.  

Once she made the full strength for us because her in laws were visiting.  O my gosh it was hot but so wonderful.  Interestingly her Briyani did not destroy my stomach or insides.  Other curries do though so I can't figure that out.  

It is because of them that I love curry.  Sadly the husband was a diesel engine mechanic for a Gold mining company in Welkom and he was killed when the mine shaft that he was in collapsed about six months after I left Welkom.    He left behind his wife and two daughters 12 and 8 years old.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:26:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:27:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Done right, Indian food is awesome.  There are places that just dump the same brown curry sauce on everything and call it a day.  There's a market near work that sells home made stuff hot off the stove,  Stuff is amazing - served by the same little old indian lady who made it. out of
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:31:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Indian food is delicious.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top