BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
While it is hard to get race riots in Texas - I am really happy I don't have to deal with the Texas Relays this weekend.  It is probably the annual largest race based gathering in Texas (that and the weekend in Galveston).    

My BIL a LT on a PD in Austin area, always puts in for vacation a year in advance so he can be gone for the relays.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL,...One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesnt belong here.....

More proof that Sesame Street teaches racism.  
Well, that, then, and public school explain how I got to be "Hater."

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Shoulda asked, "how much fo one rib?"

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I looked out back about 45 minutes ago to see my neighbors son and his 20 something year old uncle that lives with them. They were cleaning out his car while wearing hoodies. No doubt to go to a rally. I just shook my head and continued loading mags.

Take them some bags of Skittles and say:  "I'm sorry for your loss."

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Considering the last hoody wearing guy that walked around casing houses in my neighborhood got punched in the face by a black neighbor because he didn't have a gun to shoot him with at the time I'm not too worried about it. I swear Grandpa from The Boondocks is my neighbor.  

We have a guard at the plant that reminds me of uncle ruckus.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[div]Cut out the "Amish" shit. If you mean black, say black. If you can't say what you mean because of the COC, don't post it at all.

Darn that CoC always getting in the way

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude...   Restaurant BBQ?  
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So my kids and I decided to go out and get ribs the other night and of course the best ribs are down in the err amish side of town. Well as we are driving there I see all these people and say to the kids  " what the heck is going on some kind of march"?

So after passing blocks of people walking we make it to the rib place and get out and go stand in line with all the other folks needing ribs on a Thursday night. I happen to look over to the other side of the lot and there are about 5 or 600 people there with signs about the Trvyon deal. My two daughters are looking around and my youngest, 14, says everyone is looking at us. Of course just before she said that I thought in my head the old Sesame Street thing...One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesnt belong here.....

We stayed for a bit as I was armed, but not enough if things got crazy, and decided the line was too long and moving too slow to stay.

Another award winning dad moment!!! Ah the memories.

thats why i keep an AK in the trunk.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Considering the last hoody wearing guy that walked around casing houses in my neighborhood got punched in the face by a black neighbor because he didn't have a gun to shoot him with at the time I'm not too worried about it. I swear Grandpa from The Boondocks is my neighbor.  

We have a guard at the plant that reminds me of uncle ruckus.

I think middle and upper class black people hate thug culture more than any white person I've ever met. A black guy that used to own a tv station around here actually told someone to "pull your pants up and give that earring back to your sister".

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Intradasting... Sounds like Norfolk and a few other cities.

From Wiki:

Local impact
According to the Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau in 2007, the Relays generate US$8 million for local business.[6] Much of this traced to the fact that the event has become a social destination for young African-Americans. A number of groups organize networking and development events for African-Americans to take place in downtown Austin during the Relays.

Following numerous issues involving crime, theft and general violence many local businesses close for the Relays weekend.

Some advocates of the Relays state that there is not a significant increase in crime during the Relays weekend. However, police forces are so overwhelmed with crowd control and keeping the peace that they will generally not take the time to write citations or arrest individuals for less serious offenses. Some crime may be deterred by an increased police presence in some areas. Some businesses have chosen to not operate or to close early because it is more cost effective rather than pay for increased security for crowds who are not spending money or loss of income due to theft.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#12]
"Ribs.......I had ribs for lunch that's why I'm doing this"
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Best BBQ anywhere is by the Amish.  I used to go to Oakland for mine and they kicked arse on the Amish in San Francisco. . Next time bring some Amish with you.  You be a cool whitey that way.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I wonder how the proprietor of the business felt to know the crowd had cost him a sale.

He was prob upset he didn't get to spit in that non amish boys food.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Best BBQ anywhere is by the Amish.  I used to go to Oakland for mine and they kicked arse on the Amish in San Francisco. . Next time bring some Amish with you.  You be a cool whitey that way.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Shoulda asked, "how much fo one rib?"

LOL!
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Why is the best food always in shady places?  The most amazing fried rice I've ever had is in a place where I feel I need rifle plates and a Bradley just to get to the drive through.  Of course being dumb college kids we drove there with the windows down all the time!
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Say, did you guys hear that "Amish" isn't an acceptable term for black people on this site?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top