Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
He f'd up and CNN called him on it.  Just like a real reporter should.  Just like he's been asking for, they're on their toes.  He wasn't.  

What exactly is the problem here?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Number 98769 on the list of things Leftists don't understand...

- Figures of speech.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you this easily manipulated, CNN yells "squirrel" and you just run after it like a trained dog?

Do you realize how many lies Dems tell every day that materially impact policy and CNN never calls them out for it?

Get some perspective man, this is totally irrelevant.

CNN didn't "say" anything.  The entire press conference video is online (transcript too).  Read/watch it and come to your own conclusions...

- Figures of speech.

I know you guys are trying to drag us into a post-truth era, but is that what we're trying to pass off lies for these days?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

- Figures of speech.
View Quote

My point stands.  You're trotting out the already tired "Fake News!!!!" excuse to cover something stupid Trump said.

We're talking about something Trump actually said.  How exactly is CNN entering any sort of bias here?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

My point stands.  You're trotting out the already tired "Fake News!!!!" excuse to cover something stupid Trump said.

We're talking about something Trump actually said.  How exactly is CNN entering any sort of bias here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Figures of speech.

It's biased because they're taking a minor misstatement of an immaterial piece of information, that effects nothing of importance, and blowing it up to be a scandal.

If they applied the same rigor to Obama for every statement he'd made it would have been all they had time to report.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Guess I should have voted for Hillary.  I hear her truthfulness and honesty is unparalleled.
View Quote

And when she was Secretary of State, both she and her "husband" were truly excellent speakers as evidenced by the fact that they were able to garner hundreds of thousands of dollars for making a single speech of short duration.

Hell, even their relatively "nobody" of a daughter Chelsea was able to get 65 grand for one of her speeches.

Everybody liked them and donated to their Foundation, even foreign powers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I know you guys are trying to drag us into a post-truth era, but is that what we're trying to pass off lies for these days?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you this easily manipulated, CNN yells "squirrel" and you just run after it like a trained dog?

Do you realize how many lies Dems tell every day that materially impact policy and CNN never calls them out for it?

Get some perspective man, this is totally irrelevant.

CNN didn't "say" anything.  The entire press conference video is online (transcript too).  Read/watch it and come to your own conclusions...

- Figures of speech.

LOL, post truth era, you funny guy.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

Guess Trump needs to be impeached now, he's brought shame on the office.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I do not think most of you even watched the press conference. Trump handled himself very well. I enjoyed watching the smack down of some of the obnoxious MSM people. CNN is making Trump's point for him by running a trivial throw away line as a big Trump bashing headline. "Trump lies about electoral vote!" If you watched it, you would know that is exactly what he predicted, and he was right.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's biased because they're taking a minor misstatement of an immaterial piece of information, that effects nothing of importance, and blowing it up to be a scandal.

If they applied the same rigor to Obama for every statement he'd made it would have been all they had time to report.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Figures of speech.

How dare people call out Trump for misrepresenting reality!

Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck Obama.  He's gone.  Hillary lost too.  Nobody gives a shit about them.  Stop using them both as some meat shield for Trump's latest "Bonfire of the Inanities".

If Trump had only said this once, I'd be willing to give him a pass.  He's brought up his electoral college win multiple times - and usually at inappropriate times.  Trump was asked a question yesterday about a rise in Anti-Semitic attacks since his election during his presser with Netanyahu. Trump starts the answer by talking about his electoral college victory.  What. The Fuck.

He was wrong.  Rather than admit it, he argued with the reporter and then just stated something to the effect of "My people told me...".  Apparently the Oval Office doesn't have access to Wikipedia.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not for me. Maybe for you Trump sycophants.

Those who declare war on intelligence are not in for a fun year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is pretty clearly bullshit after a 5 second search on the internet.

It's going to be a long 8 years for some.

Kristol, is that you?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol sure there's no pattern of narcissism:

He didn't claim he won the popular vote, that he lost by 2.8 million votes, due to 3-5 million unevidenced illegal votes.

He didn't claim his inauguration attendance was bigger than Obamas, after photo evidence emerged that he had poor showing.

And he certainly wouldn't try to falsely boast he is only #2 to Reagan in electoral college....
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:03:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well he won, so maybe he can just grow up now?

Is this how it's going to be?  Trump is just a huge fucking clown and the 4chan brigade is going to claim he a genius for the next 4 years?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guess I should have voted for Hillary.  I hear her truthfulness and honesty is unparalleled.

Well he won, so maybe he can just grow up now?

Is this how it's going to be?  Trump is just a huge fucking clown and the 4chan brigade is going to claim he a genius for the next 4 years?

Yes, he won.  I have some bad news for the, nevertrumpers, CTR shills and DU crowd.  Their feelz are going to be so bloodied up and broken over the next 4-8 years, because Trump is going to troll the shit out of them.  In fact most of them will be so distraught over Trump in 4 years they'll be jumping out of windows.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did listen to it.  He rambles too much.  He leaves points hanging.  He also makes several correct points.  And despite your emoticons there is a clear daily script for the press.  Yes, he hands them ammo and then they ignore any valid points made, focus solely on the ammo and get their scripts aligned.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:05:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I do not think most of you even watched the press conference. Trump handled himself very well. I enjoyed watching the smack down of some of the obnoxious MSM people. CNN is making Trump's point for him by running a trivial throw away line as a big Trump bashing headline. "Trump lies about electoral vote!" If you watched it, you would know that is exactly what he predicted, and he was right.
View Quote

It is funny seeing what he predicted come true.  I enjoyed the press conference and thought he handled the questions very well.  His humorous side even came out a few times as he was skewering the press ("You're not related to my Labor Secretary nominee are you?  Guess I better have my staff check the family tree.")
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He f'd up and CNN called him on it.  Just like a real reporter should.  Just like he's been asking for, they're on their toes.  He wasn't.  

What exactly is the problem here?
View Quote

If the President is your party, he should never face criticism. In the persons eyes, he can never fuck up or be wrong.

Just like Liberals who thought Obama was perfect.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And when she was Secretary of State, both she and her "husband" were truly excellent speakers as evidenced by the fact that they were able to garner hundreds of thousands of dollars for making a single speech of short duration.

Hell, even their relatively "nobody" of a daughter Chelsea was able to get 65 grand for one of her speeches.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everybody who?? You mean their anti American sychophants??

Love how you all keep expecting him to be your image of a politician.

Some call it unhinged. A guy (Krauthammer) no Trump fan, and I dare say smarter than this lot, reffered to him as " hinged". So now it's just, like your opinion, man. Keep judging the cover. The book will go over your heads.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Once again, Trump shouts "SQUIRREL!"

and once again, the msm blindly runs for the fence like the bunch of ankle biting little yap-yap dogs they are.

I swear, I think he does it for fun.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Fuck Obama.  He's gone.  Hillary lost too.  Nobody gives a shit about them.  Stop using them both as some meat shield for Trump's latest "Bonfire of the Inanities".

If Trump had only said this once, I'd be willing to give him a pass.  He's brought up his electoral college win multiple times - and usually at inappropriate times.  Trump was asked a question yesterday about a rise in Anti-Semitic attacks since his election during his presser with Netanyahu. Trump starts the answer by talking about his electoral college victory.  What. The Fuck.

He was wrong.  Rather than admit it, he argued with the reporter and then just stated something to the effect of "My people told me...".  Apparently the Oval Office doesn't have access to Wikipedia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't give a fuck about piddly, irrelevant shit like this, I sent him there to kick D.C. and the wretched shit heels who inhabit it straight in the balls.

This is CNN making a mountain out of an anthill, not even a molehill, an anthill.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I did listen to it.  He rambles too much.  He leaves points hanging.  He also makes several correct points.  And despite your emoticons there is a clear daily script for the press.  Yes, he hands them ammo and then they ignore any valid points made, focus solely on the ammo and get their scripts aligned.
View Quote

Well when Trump talks about some awesome thing that he just did to help the economy...and then ponders out loud about sinking a Russian SIGINT vessel because it would make him "popular"...what the fuck story do you think the media just might focus on?

His message discipline sucks.  Want his good stuff to get reported?  Tell Trump to stop saying crazy shit and lying about stupid, easily proven facts.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lol sure there's no pattern of narcissism:
He didn't claim he won the popular vote, that he lost by 2.8 million votes, due to 3-5 million unevidenced illegal votes.
He didn't claim his inauguration attendance was bigger than Obamas, after photo evidence emerged that he had poor showing.
And he certainly wouldn't try to falsely boast he is only #2 to Reagan in electoral college....
View Quote

Hey, I remember you from another thread...
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Kristol, is that you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is pretty clearly bullshit after a 5 second search on the internet.

It's going to be a long 8 years for some.

Kristol, is that you?

Sorry to disappoint.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't give a fuck about piddly, irrelevant shit like this, I sent him there to kick D.C. and the wretched shit heels who inhabit it straight in the balls.

This is CNN making a mountain out of an anthill, not even a molehill, an anthill.
View Quote

Is saying factually wrong information an example of Trump kicking the establishment "straight in the balls"?  Sounds more like he kicked himself in the balls.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Lol
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Trump needs to get a new teleprompter.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#25]
So he said that the information on the electoral college was, "given to him." If someone is telling him something that obviously untrue, is he going to fire them? Why would someone give him that information at all? And where are all these leaks on his phone conversations coming from? All the Obama political appointees are long gone, and the bureaucrats who started in the last eight years are the most junior people in their agencies.

Think maybe he's being purposely undermined by people within his own staff?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Largest electoral win of any Republican since Reagan.
View Quote
This. I thought it was obvious.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Is saying factually wrong information an example of Trump kicking the establishment "straight in the balls"?  Sounds more like he kicked himself in the balls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're being played, CNN shining a spotlight on this is a perfect example of why trust in the media is at an all time low.

Don't let them program your brain for you, this is inconsequential and petty reporting of a irrelevant error.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

You know that's not true, right?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You're being played, CNN shining a spotlight on this is a perfect example of why trust in the media is at an all time low.

Don't let them program your brain for you, this is inconsequential and petty reporting of a irrelevant error.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So Trump lies about reality and we shouldn't trust the media. That's an interesting take.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, he keeps on making the same "minor misstatements" that have been disproven multiple times.

I happily voted for him and am very happy he won.  But holy shit, the guy needs a coach or something.  He keeps on bringing up these topics that don't matter anymore and making the same "minor misstatements" again and again.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

except that is wasnt...
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Tomorrow he will just say he never said that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Largest electoral win of any Republican since Reagan.

So we are ignoring George HW Bush absolutely crushed Michael Dukakis in 1988, right after Reagan left office?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's obviously wrong.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Poor Sean Spicer.  He'll have to start the daily brief tomorrow by yelling "Donald Trump got more electoral votes than Ronald Reagan, Thomas Jefferson, and Jesus Christ!  Combined!  Period!"
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Poor Sean Spicer.  He'll have to start the daily brief tomorrow by yelling "Donald Trump got more electoral votes than Ronald Reagan, Thomas Jefferson, and Jesus Christ!  Combined!  Period!"
View Quote

lol

I can't help but feel bad for that guy.  I hope he is paid well for dealing with that shit everyday.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm thankful at least not all of this forum has totally lost their minds
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Some call it unhinged. A guy (Krauthammer) no Trump fan, and I dare say smarter than this lot, reffered to him as " hinged". So now it's just, like your opinion, man. Keep judging the cover. The book will go over your heads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My post went over your head, I'm arguably Trump's most ardent supporter on this board and I was poking fun at The Corrupt Clinton Crime Family.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If this was a random statement, that would be one thing.  But he and his staff had made incorrect or exaggerated claims about his election victory several times over the past couple of months.  

The bigger problem is why he is talking about electoral college votes still, at all.  The election is over, he has been inaugurated, and no one questions that he won.  Does he think that touting his numbers (and exaggerating them) some three months after the election somehow improves his credibility?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm thankful at least not all of this forum has totally lost their minds
View Quote

Oh this mind is lost...but I'm right about this
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Figures of speech.

This. LOL

More done in 4 weeks without a complete cabinet than any president in my lifetime...Maybe ever.

Hahahahahaha

But you know haters gonna hate.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Tell Trump to stop saying crazy shit and lying about stupid, easily proven facts.
View Quote

I think it's pretty clear by now that he is constitutionally incapable of this.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:29:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly, well stated.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Let me tell you, he won by the most electoral votes of any republican since Bush.  Believe me.  Great guy by the way, fantastic guy.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Once again, Trump shouts "SQUIRREL!"

and once again, the msm blindly runs for the fence like the bunch of ankle biting little yap-yap dogs they are.

I swear, I think he does it for fun.
View Quote

It has turned into a cliche, but Trump really is playing chess while the MSM struggles with their checkers. Trump has an entire news cycle now of the MSM reinforcing to the American people he had a big electoral college victory.

He is brilliant in his manipulation of the press.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This. LOL

More done in 4 weeks without a complete cabinet than any pressure in my lifetime...Maybe ever.

Hahahahahaha

But you know haters gonna hate.
View Quote

While there has been a lot of "smoke," so to speak, from Trump and his staff during these first weeks, what exactly has been the "fire"?  In other words, what has he actually accomplished to a level beyond previous presidencies at the same point in time?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

While there has been a lot of "smoke," so to speak, from Trump and his staff during these first weeks, what exactly has been the "fire"?  In other words, what has he actually accomplished to a level beyond previous presidencies at the same point in time?
View Quote

There's only so much he can do via EO.  To do more he's going to need to actually govern and work with the Congress.  We'll see if he's able...
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It has turned into a cliche, but Trump really is playing chess while the MSM struggles with their checkers. Trump has an entire news cycle now of the MSM reinforcing to the American people he had a big electoral college victory.

View Quote

I am not sure that saying factually incorrect statements on camera is ever a "brilliant" move by any president.  That is, of course, presupposing that you want your president to actually be honest.  

But, maybe that isn't important to you.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL literally nobody cares about his electoral victory from months ago while everybody are dying to know the details of his policies which he can't seems to every get any out....

What's next his "brilliant manipulatior-ness" will go back to rehashing how yuuuge his inauguration crowd wasn't?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top