User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:20:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
@ OP

Off topic but uh.... what is a "FUDD"?

My older bro is kind of like that... he doesn't like much besides bolt rifles.
Thinks anything else is stupid/pointless.

Fudds are the guys that would sell other gun owners down the river just so they can keep their "right to hunt".  It has nothing to do with what type of firearms they own.

These guys. (warning, enter at your own risk.  That organization is a known Brady Center front.)
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:29:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't believe you.

I'm contemplating IM'ing you in "strict confidence" and if you choose to ignore my request, you and ARFcom can take the heat for "publishing" it. (although I'd get named in any suit without doubt).

I believe if you think about it for a bit, you'll recognize it would amount to a massive waste of time and energy.

I swear that is what he said.

If any company representative told me that, I'd have their name in bold in the thread title.

this

being called a murderer is too far off the edge. absolutely unacceptable business practice and a disgusting breach of professionalism
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:30:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
@ OP

Fudds are the guys that would sell other gun owners down the river just so they can keep their "right to hunt".  It has nothing to do with what type of firearms they own.

These guys. (warning, enter at your own risk.  That organization is a known Brady Center front.)

Whoa... I find it strange people can believe the only purpose for guns is for hunting.

For me hunting is an after thought.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:42:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Name names or GTFO and LOCK.

Seriously.  Fuck this guy if there is no name.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:43:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He says: "We provide services to hunters around here, not murderers."

ETA:

Quoted:
let's have the name

I'm not going to make this a "call out" type deal. It isn't a major manufacturer.

So you're NOT going to name this business.  You'd rather that unsuspecting customers who actually SUPPORT your rights continue to give money to these assholes who DON'T?  Why?

You'd rather that this business perpetuate its dogma of NFA owners = murderers?

Then this is a bullshit thread and you are doing anyone who purchases from this business a great disservice by keeping them ignorant of their divisiveness and disdain for the Second Amendment.

What a crock of shit.  You're trolling either way and your account should be locked.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Suggestion:

OP provides company name, or OP gets the banhammer.

You can't tell us there are jackasses like that within our midsts and then not give us what we need to root them out.

Companies with that mindset aren't just an annoyance, they are a threat.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Ban
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:50:10 AM EDT
[#8]
If you weren't going to name names then you shouldn't have started this thread in the first place.

Calling owners of SBS "murderers" is beyond the pale, even for a "sporting" manufacturer & should not be tolerated under any circumstances.

So either tell us who they are so they can be righteously "Zumbo'ed" or drop the subject & ask that this thread be locked.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:51:29 AM EDT
[#9]
This thread is a waste of my fucking time if I don't even know who not to buy from
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:56:29 AM EDT
[#10]
An SBS is something only a murderer would use? I guess what he means is that if it isn't
configured for hunting its only purpose is for murdering. Understood
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:00:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Yep, I'm hoistin' it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:00:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:01:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Posting a story like this and not naming the company/store who said it is just fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:02:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yep, I'm hoistin' it.

I'll see that and raise you:

If a 'well known shotgun company' actually said that, out with the name, or you are making shit up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:04:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Chicken fuckin shit.

The FIRST thing I would want to do is get the name out there. Hit them where it hurts.
If they dont support your rights, you shouldnt support them with your money.

Either this story is 100% BULLSHIT, or the thread starter is a pussy.

Sorry bro, un-ass the name, or GTFO.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:04:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:04:16 AM EDT
[#17]
(double)
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:07:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Why bother telling us this if you won't tell us who did it?  Unless it didn't really happen, of course.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:10:53 AM EDT
[#19]
name or bAn for pointless shit stirring.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:24:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I don't believe you.

Oh, and BTW, I guess I'm an evil murderer, since I own an SBS...
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#21]
since I'm currently in the market for a shotgun before waterfowl season starts here, please tell us the name, or someone baninate him.  seriously.

otherwise, just IM me with the name so that I can avoid this manufacturer like the plague when I make my purchase.

seriously, this thread is worthless without a name, and accomplishes nothing. Way to go.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 1:55:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Why even start the fucking thread if you aren't going to name the company?

That's like saying, "There is a bomb in one of those buildings over there, but I don't think I should say which one because the bombers might get mad at me "

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:01:31 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I don't believe you.

This.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:10:27 AM EDT
[#24]
name the fucker or

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:14:58 AM EDT
[#25]
The fact some of you folks think I give a flying fuck if you believe me is amusing.

Some of your less than charitable name-calling reflects your desperation to know who, because in your gut, you know it is true.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:17:59 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The fact some of you folks think I give a flying fuck if you believe me is amusing.

Some of your less than charitable name-calling reflects your desperation to know who, because in your gut, you know it is true.

Someone needs to post the attention whore pic.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:20:47 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Ya know what, fuck it... I don't care anymore. Tell/don't tell, fake/real it makes no difference to me. I'm done with this nonsense.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:24:41 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Well what do you expect? You tell us there is a gun company that doesn't that doesn't support the Second Amendment, something we rabidly support and are willing to fight and die for, but then don't tell the name. Yeah, it kinda pisses people off.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:28:58 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Big shotgun name in Texas that is somewhat apprehensive to do tactical work

I have a pretty good idea who it is

their name start with a B?

if not I will delete my post

Yeah, they might get all choked up about NFA type stuff.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:28:58 AM EDT
[#30]
1. Some don't believe me
2. Because I won't name the name
3. So I should name the name
4. And after naming the name, I may be seen to have "slandered" (were it false) a company that likely has attorneys on retainer
5. So I may be subject to a lawsuit
6. Where victory or defeat depends on being believed?

That's the logic of naming the name?

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:32:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
1. Some don't believe me
4. And after naming the name, I may be seen to have "slandered" (were it false) a company that likely has attorneys on retainer

it's not slander if it's true.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:33:12 AM EDT
[#32]
If you're telling the truth, what do you have to worry about? It's not slander if it's true.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:34:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
@ OP

Whoa... I find it strange people can believe the only purpose for guns is for hunting.

For me hunting is an after thought.

That bunch is a VPC bait&switch organization so that they can say that there are FUDDs that support their 'reasonable' controls on EBRs and a renewed AWB.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:35:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1. Some don't believe me

Jinx
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:36:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
1. Some don't believe me

Please brush up on the definition of slander.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:40:40 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Jinx

No jinx...  I was 42 seconds ahead of you  
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:42:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1. Some don't believe me

Yes, as I said.

Yet, somehow, the name-calling and BS flags should convince me that I should "plug in the hairdryer while sitting in the bathtub" by naming the name?

If some think it's false and call me a liar it ONLY increases the danger of "completing the circuit" by saying who, because truth is one's only defense and I don't tape record every phone call I make. Further, Mr. Fudd Shotgun Co. Customer Service Rep. will only lie, deny and make shit up when confronted with the fact he basically called a potential customer a murderer for asking for a legal bit of gunsmithing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:44:55 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
1. Some don't believe me

Yes, as I said.

Yet, somehow, the name-calling and BS flags should convince me that I should "plug in the hairdryer while sitting in the bathtub" by naming the name?

If some think it's false and call me a liar it ONLY increases the danger of "completing the circuit" by saying who, because truth is one's only defense and I don't tape record every phone call I make. Further, Mr. Fudd Shotgun Co. Customer Service Rep. will only lie, deny and make shit up when confronted with the fact he basically called a potential customer a murderer for asking for a legal bit of gunsmithing.

Oh the drama of it all!

And you know what? Just like you will be will taking my "rational" view on the existence of God into account in the future, I will be taking your "irrational" behavior in this thread into account in the future.

Touché

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:46:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:48:58 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
1. Some don't believe me

Yes, as I said.

You don't want any potential legal trouble, that's perfectly reasonable. But then why even make the thread in the first place? Without naming the company for us to boycott, what do you want us to do? Hug you because you got your feelings hurt?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:49:56 AM EDT
[#41]
IM me their name, I will call requesting the same as you did, and if I get the same response, I will post their name here. Can you do this?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:50:51 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Why did you post this thread?  

drama
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:51:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Tag.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:51:55 AM EDT
[#44]
AROptics,

You have your IM Function turned off.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:52:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
1. Some don't believe me

Yes, as I said.

Are you serious?

How old are you?

This childish.

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:52:37 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
AROptics,

I can't imagine why?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:53:50 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
AROptics,

How convenient.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:54:13 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

drama

bingo
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:56:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:56:58 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

1. Because it is true, happened yesterday. I've got an old Scattergun Tech 870 with accessories that require the old "light profile" barrel that seems now to only be available with ribs. Police 870 replacement barrels are no longer the so-called "light profile" and are too fat too take the old accessories.  No one wants to deal with removing ribs so I was calling around to see if anyone would or could provide me an NFA light profile 870 barrel, or cut one I provided.

Also, the 870 came with a out of spec Mossberg replacement barrel that hangs up at the barrel lug an ancient Laser Technologies (now Surefire) foreend.

2. Because I wanted to know how other deals with egregious cases of Fuddgetry.

3. Now that I see your second post I see you are irked so go ahead and lock the thread rather than lock me for telling the truth about a genuine incident.

4. IM inbound
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top