Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Eric, you can call me what ever you like, just the fact that you have to resort to name calling is satisfaction enough to me. And yes, i strongly believe that if someone is entrusted to be a moderator then he/she should lead by example and name calling or trading liar jabs with other members should be avoided, Your Orwellian logic must dictate other.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Now [b]James4[/b], that is a very good suggestion!

I'm not certain that the U.N. should have anything to do with it at all, however.

Maybe something under the auspices of Amnesty International, with them hiring the particular experts to give us a crime scene narrative.

No conjectures, no political shading, but simply as Sgt. Joe Friday would appreciate it:

[b]Just the facts, Ma'am, just the facts![/b]

Then we can spend the rest of our time here on this earth arguing about what the facts showed!

But, folks, it ain't gonna happen!

Eric The(Reasonable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
can we get someone to make us a "p*ssing contest" icon?
View Quote

Uh, I think there is one but Eric has been using it - that thingy with the horns ?
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Maybe something under the auspices of Amnesty International, with them hiring the particular experts to give us a crime scene narrative.

Eric The(Reasonable)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Hopefully I have established over the months that I am no friend of Israel or the Palestinians but even I would not leave Israel to the tender distortions of Amnesty International.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Post from rogerb -
Eric, you can call me what ever you like, just the fact that you have to resort to name calling is satisfaction enough to me.
View Quote

Boy, that 'weasel' comment of mine really got to you, didn't it?
And yes, i strongly believe that if someone is entrusted to be a moderator then he/she should lead by example and name calling or trading liar jabs with other members should be avoided...
View Quote

I try desperately not to call anyone a 'liar' even when it may be obvious, and even [b]garandman[/b] noted that he was ticked for what I didn't say directly!
Your [u]Orwellian[/u] [u]logic[/u] must dictate other.
View Quote

Now see, [u]that's[/u] the kind of verbal body slam that I can appreciate!

If you can so glibly engage in it, why should I not be able to participate in such repartee as well?

I didn't take an Oath of Idiocy when I became a moderator!

Eric The(OthersMayClaimDifferently)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, I think I can sum up all the Israel-Palestinian arguments like this:

Anti-Israel Dude: Israel is EVIL because of (x)
Pro-Israel Dude: I don't think that's true

News Flash: (x) is proven wrong

Pro-Israel Dude: Looks like you were wrong.
Anti-Israel Dude: Well, well, you're UGLY and STUPID!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It reminds me of the Bank of America robber who shot up North Hollywood with an AK-47 and was killed by LAPD, then wanted to sue the city for his death.
View Quote

What's wrong with this picture?
View Quote

I just thought of a sign I could put on my door:

ATTENTION BURGLERS:
If you break into my house and kill me, I will sue your ass!

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So the truth comes out you perceive the U.N. and the American who was to be on the committee enemies of Israel. Your bombing comparisons are ridiculous , we carpet bombed mountains not villages how can you draw a comparison. Oh, right you need to mold the truth into your vision. Also , we did allow some foreign dignitaries to Gitmo. By the way i don't believe there was a massacre, and have never indicated such, (more of your molding of the truth) I'm just a) sick of israel thinking it can do what ever it pleases w/the backing of my tax dollars and b) when there is a discrepancy about an incident being either a battle or a massacre then an INDEPENDENT third party is needed to sort it out. The refusal of Israel to allow it, makes them look like they have something to hide and gives the Arabs more gas to throw on the fire.  
View Quote

About 50% of the UN General Resolutions have had Israel as the subject, leave the West Bank, Don't retaliate for terror attacks, get out of Lebanon. There have been 0 resolutions decrying attacks on Israel. I don't think the UN has been neutral in the past so why will they be today or tommomrow?

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#9]
[img]www.customvehiclegraphics.com/bcustom_sm.gif[/img]

[:D]

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I didn't take an Oath of Idiocy when I became a moderator!

Eric The(OthersMayClaimDifferently)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

So....was it an inherent trait then????? [}:D][:D]

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#12]
[b]raf[/b], I disagree.

No matter what Israel does or doesn't do in respect to the investigation of the alleged, and now 'un-alleged' massacre at the Jenin Refugee Camp, the minds of no one, and certainly no one with more than an ounce of gray matter, will be changed one way or the other!

If the Palestinians can produce the bodies of the massacred civilians, or the names of the missing, maybe there would be a reason to continue in this charade.

But since they can't, haven't, and won't be able to produce sufficient bodies or names to justify [b]any[/b] investigation, this will simply continue as just another 'Israeli sin', another 'Sabra and Shatillah Refugee Camp Massacre' that must be accounted for with suicide bombs, rockets, and the murders of innocent Israeli civilians.

I'm certain that Israel has weighed the costs of its refusal and has simply came down on the most reasonable side.

Eric The(WhichIsTheCorrectSide)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Israelis really look bad on this issue.  I understand their fears of partiality on the part of the UN and the proposed investigation team, HOWEVER it is impossible under the circimstances to wonder if they are not hiding something.
The only thing worse for the Israelis than the current situation would be to have actual evidence of a massacre produced.
This reminds me of the guy in court "taking the Fifth".  We all know that it's wrong to think he's guilty on account of doing so, but the [i]perception[/i], at least, of guilt still comes inevitably to mind.
View Quote

Now THIS post to me SCREAMS OUT "objectivity." (Maybe more so because of my WRONG impression you were an Israel butt smoocher. Again, my bad.)

But the point is this -

ANYONE who DOES NOT communicate this type of sentiment, or at least the POSSIBILITY of it, for my money, shows discernable bias, enuf for me to question his objectivity on this matter.

UNlike OJ, innocent men have NOTHING to hide. FOrget the makeup of the UN team - if there's nothing there, the Israelis SHOULD be DYING for them to come in and FIND NOTHING, and put an end to it all.

Still, that said,  I support Israel's right to fight their war without US or UN interference, as well as US tax dollars (which are un-Constitutional)
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Israelis really look bad on this issue.  I understand their fears of partiality on the part of the UN and the proposed investigation team, HOWEVER it is impossible under the circimstances to wonder if they are not hiding something.
The only thing worse for the Israelis than the current situation would be to have actual evidence of a massacre produced.
This reminds me of the guy in court "taking the Fifth".  We all know that it's wrong to think he's guilty on account of doing so, but the [i]perception[/i], at least, of guilt still comes inevitably to mind.
View Quote

raf,
in my 'opinion' Sharon is showing the world with the only super power remaining in his pocket that he can do or not do anything that he chooses.  This latest act was carefully thought out and was designed to show the world community Israeli immunity.
Once again U.S. policies of "Israel Only" work to our detriment.

Real question - anyone know of another country besides the U.S. that supports the Israeli position ??
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

But the point is this -

FOrget the makeup of the UN team - if there's nothing there, the Israelis SHOULD be DYING for them to come in and FIND NOTHING, and put an end to it all.

Still, that said,  I support Israel's right to fight their war without US or UN interference, as well as US tax dollars (which are un-Constitutional)
View Quote

Couldn't have said it better.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
UNlike OJ, innocent men have NOTHING to hide. FOrget the makeup of the UN team - if there's nothing there, the Israelis SHOULD be DYING for them to come in and FIND NOTHING, and put an end to it all.
View Quote

Tell that to the Branch Davidians.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[b]raf[/b], I disagree.

No matter what Israel does or doesn't do ... the minds of no one, and certainly no one ... will be changed one way or the other!

.....this will simply continue as just another 'Israeli sin', another 'Sabra and Shatillah Refugee Camp Massacre' that must be accounted for with suicide bombs, rockets, and the murders of innocent Israeli civilians.

[>]:)]
View Quote

The Israelis have NOTHING to gain in Palestinian minds, but everything to lose in the minds of the remainder of the non-Islaamic world.

Their present course of action will have NO BEARING in the minds of the Palestinians, but for the rest of the world, guilty people hide their actions, and people who hide their actions are prolly guilty.

Maybe that's not fair, but perception **** IS ***** reality.

WHile Sharone's willingness to allow the investigation would NOT change any palestinian minds....

but Sharone's actions to delay / deny / make counter accusations (sounds like ANOTHER dirtbag I know) WILL inflame other suicide bombers under the mere suspicion of impropiety.

It falls under the law of {allegedly) unintended consequences, and the law of foreseeable consequences.

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Real question - anyone know of another country besides the U.S. that supports the Israeli position ??
View Quote

[?]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Unless I am misunderstanding you, this is a horribly bad analogy.

The Isrealis are more analagous to the ATF, and the Palestinians to the Davidians, in any Waco analogy, with regard to who attacked and killed who, and who hid what,  in the Jenin camp. Beyond that, the analogy COMPLETELY falls apart.

re: hiding stuff....

The Davidians bounced a few checks, and had some firearm violations. They weren't hiding anything - they were sourrounded by thugs with guns. And APC's and mortar rounds. The ATF were the ones hiding things

What the Waco analogy DOES do is highlight SOME peoples GREATER willingness,indeed delight, to  believe evil about the US gov't than they are about the Israeli gov't.

Which begs the question "Why haven't they moved to Israel?"

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, as the king of horribly bad analogies, you would certainly be the one to know.

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, as the king of horribly bad analogies, you would certainly be the one to know.

View Quote

OOOhhhhhhhh. How long did you spend thinking up THAT zinger??? If it was more than two seconds, you wasted your time. [}:D]

Scarecrow -

If youa re gonna insult others, ALWAYS put a smiley face after your insult (for instance, you could call someone a "weasel [:D]"  )

This way, you waintain the fallback of "plausible deniability"  - the old trick of the Marxist Democrats like Daschle, Clinton and Gephardt.

We all know that "weasel" is a slur against someone's charachter, but you see, if you use a smiley, then its OK.

(Source: EricThe(WeaselIsOK,RetardisNot)Hun's  Handbook of Moral Relativism for Moderators)

[}:D]

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Is anyone surprised that the non-combatant number was so low and the garandman keeps spouting his anti-Israel nonsense?
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

OOOhhhhhhhh. How long did you spend thinking up THAT zinger??? If it was more than two seconds, you wasted your time. [}:D]
View Quote

Took less than two seconds...the obvious always comes to mind immediately.

Scarecrow -

If youa re gonna insult others, ALWAYS put a smiley face after your insult (for instance, you could call someone a "weasel [:D]"  )

This way, you waintain the fallback of "plausible deniability"  - the old trick of the Marxist Democrats like Daschle, Clinton and Gephardt.
View Quote

And you, apparently...look at how often you use those insipid smilies.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

The Isrealis are more analagous to the ATF, and the Palestinians to the Davidians, in any Waco analogy, with regard to who attacked and killed who, and who hid what,  in the Jenin camp. Beyond that, the analogy COMPLETELY falls apart.

The Davidians bounced a few checks, and had some firearm violations. They weren't hiding anything - they were sourrounded by thugs with guns. And APC's and mortar rounds. The ATF were the ones hiding things

What the Waco analogy DOES do is highlight SOME peoples GREATER willingness,indeed delight, to  believe evil about the US gov't than they are about the Israeli gov't.

View Quote

I don't think it is a bad analogy.  Israel has been accused of wrongdoing(a massacre of innocents) by a party with a grudge to bear(Terrorists, trying to justify their own actions).  The Branch Davidians were accused of wrongdoing(falsely of weapons violations) by a party with a grudge to bear(ATF, which needed to justify it's budget and distract attention from scandals).

You stated that if you are innocent then you have nothing to hide from authority.  I guess I underestimated you.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Palestinian Terrorists KIA.....49
Israeli IDF KIA................33
Palestinian Civilians killed....7

What the PLO calls a massacre is really just a victory by the IDF.

...snip snip...
View Quote

It looks like the PLO is no longer calling it a "massacre". Now they are calling it a "victory"!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Eric, Jenin is not an israeli village it is (was) a palestinian village. They want; and the international community want; the investigation, only Isreal objects. Why ? They have nothing to hide after all. If the U.S. was accused of an atrocity you bet I'd want it looked into , I would want our name cleared or if the worse was true the guilty to be brought to justice, wouldn't you ?  
View Quote

It is becoming increasingly clear that no attrocity took pace in Jenin, despite the lack of a UN investigation. So it appears such an investigation is [b]at best[/b] unnecessary. Considering the nature of the UN, I don't blame the Israelies one bit for not wanting them in there . . .
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hello.

Israel should allow a fact-finding mission but not in its current form.  The current 3-man U.N. team consists of

1) Finnish member of the Red Cross who, when responding to a long ago Israel Request to include the red cross with the Star of David retorted, "That would be like putting the red cross on a swastika."

. . .
View Quote

Is that the same Finn wholied about the "massacre" in Kosovo (resulting in our military involvement there)?
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Davidians did not send suicide bombers into public places, they didn't gun down children, and even when attacked they clearly did not try to inflict death on federal agents (else ATF would have lost way more than four).

Contrast that with the Palestinians . . .

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Was not the Jenin camp administered by the UN? If so, why did the UN allow numerous suicide bomb-making factories within the camp? Either the UN is incompetent by not knowing about the factories or complicit in the suicide bombings. Could the UN "investigation" be part of a cover-up of incompetence or complicity? Inquiring minds want to know.

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Actually, contrary to Garandman, this is a good anology. The ATF had agents in he Davidian compound, who found nothing, yet they lied and the rest is history . . .

Why should Israel trust the UN any more than the Davidians could trust ATF?
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#33]
What are the numbers, Eric???!!!  05-03-52?  

Low numbers.  No draft notice.  BUT YOU HAD TO TAKE A PHYSICAL EXAM????!!!!!!  

HAHAHHAHA!  LMAO!  DaMan [:P]

PS - ETH, lucky someone checks your posts for truthfullness and accuracy!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Post from garandman -
Johnny-One-Note keeps banging away on the piano.
View Quote

So at least you continue to read my posts. Drawn like a moth to the flame, eh boy?

Eric The(Insufferable[:D])Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I was young and stupid... [BD]
I replied just to make that clear.
I heard on the local new radio.
Under [s]Isreal[/s] Israel pressure UN disband the FACT FINDING TEAM....
Guess we will NEVER know the ACTUAL number.
Right now being: 56 bodies, misc. body parts around the place... and maybe some mass grave somewhere that IDF don't want UN to find.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:40:52 PM EDT
[#35]
EricTheHun is a moderator?
I'm for voting him out...

I'm not aginst Israel or Pro PLO.

BUT

Its like General Discussion has become a personal playground for him to spread his pro-Israel ideals

I think people who has a personal agenda cannot be a moderator.

Go ahead abuse me.  I know my post count is low
THAT shouldn't make a differance .. right?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top