User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hmmm?...Really?...Don't you?...Do you?
View Quote

Why do you think I am going to justify myself for my opinion? You asked for it, and if you don't like it, tough. Calling me a nazi sympathizer or implying such because I don't share your idea of art, now THAT's childish and dim. End of thread, as far as I am concerned.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey genius,

I don't think you're a NAZI sypathizer because you "don't share my idea of art". Hell, lots of folks don't share my artistic view, that don't make them Nazis.  I think your're a NAZI-sympathizer because [b]you DO share the NAZI's ideas about art.[/b]

Who posted the Nazi picture anyhow?
You did.

Do you also get all pissy when people call you a "NAZI sypathizer" whenever the see you marching around in your little homemade SS costume?
Look at yourself.

Poor Kar, running scared.
Thought his little Nazi picture would go unnoticed.  Why can't you just be proud of your beliefs?  If you feel the same way as the Nazis, just say so.  You don't have to be sneaky about it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#4]
[mirroring the NFL/United Way commercial....]

"That looks like spaghetti!"
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Isn't it remarkable?
He posts a powerful Nazi picture to accompany his criticism. One that is representative of the Nazi's view of Art. Anyone with a brain can see that he is sypathetic to the sentiments of those who put up THAT particular exhibition.  
He certainly wasn't displaying it to condemn the Nazis.

He just thought he was being clever.

Then I identify the photo, and he gets pissy.

Where are all the proud Nazis?  What happened?
He can't even explain the photo, except to say it was:
"...the first thing that crossed my mind..."

...as though he's not even responsible for the thought.
It just happened.

[i]Please,[/i] what a joke.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

(garandman, you know what "it" is.  That fact that you already consider it to be a "thing" means I've won you over.  I've managed to convince you that "it" is a thing.)
View Quote

Actually, I beleive "it" is a barnacle. Over a plate of beans.

That kinda sounds like a power trip - that you've won me over because I accept the premise that "it" is "an it."

Too abstract for me. Gimme a paiting of G. Washington anyday over abstract "art."

View Quote

Me to...only I see nipples coming out of barnacles or sea anemonie nipples over a bad case of endometriosis
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Doc, that's kind of what I see, too.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well if you want to truly be abstract in the interpretation of an abstract
work of art, then here is mine.
It looks like the supernova full of vagina's receiving their cherries for future
fertilization, by me of coarse.

I can see nipples as well. Nice hard ones!!![8D]
View Quote

When you see a board, do you also think "woody?"

[}:D]

Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I didn't read through all of this thread, but here's why I love this piece.

This is the kind of piece that I can stare at for hours.  It is interesting, and keeps my mind wondering about it.  I don't get bored by it.  Cincinnatus, most of your work that I have seen is like this to me.  I would [b]love[/b] to see your studio.  I love contours and textures.

Your work is awesome, thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
One thing that you can't see in the photos is the bristles.
Spiky, black bristles, sprouting from the pink blobs.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p6d31e9c06e0da0fc51e1c83d7207ee12/fd80477b.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p7d6bfd29ef4594df65ff578929930065/fd7d656e.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/pbbed6d1a55f8def77d4c066378319981/fd7d6589.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p214a5c94fc7a664aa432a6f7ee0c793c/fd7d65aa.jpg[/img]
View Quote

After bombarding the specimen with cobalt, the scientist noticed uncontrolled growth.  All attempts to kill the creatures failed.  After evacuating the lab, the military was called in.  By this time the creatures had doubled in size and intelligence.  Repeated hits by HEAT rounds from M1A1's were shrugged off.  F15E's were brought in with JDAM's and GBU-27's.  The creatures were unharmed by the strikes.  By this time, nuclear weapons were being considered, but since radiation had created the monsters in the first place, this was reconsidered.

What will Man do about this horrendous new life form?

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you were my painting instructor at UCSD (where I minored in Visual Arts), I'd be forced to write something like this:

[b]Professor Cincinnatus' bold new mixed-media triptych explores the pressures that Borgeoise society imposes on women, youths, and people of color in order to further their conformist agenda and justify political oppression.  The relative symmetry of the middle piece combined with its forced upright posture illustrate how the social and economic confinement of post-industrial Capitalism effectively squelches individuality, while the neutering influence of the side pieces amplify the demoralizing tension felt by desexualized youth.

Subtle humor in the choice of textures and colors allows the casual viewer to enjoy the work without being overwhelmed by the obvious pathos of the piece.  Cincinnatus has efficiently presented a poignant commentary on the cruel manner through which outdated institutions like marriage and life-long enslavement are perpetuated by our artificial "traditional" culture.  In short, a Tour de Force sure to enlighten and inspire viewers for centuries to come.[/b]
View Quote

"I liked it, Oh yes, I thought that some of the metaphysical imagery was particularly effective, Oh, and err.. interesting rythmic devices which seemed to counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor of the Vogonity of the poets compassionate soul, which stresses through the verse structure to sublimate this, and transcend that, and come to terms with the fundamental dichotomies of the other. And one is left with a profound and visual insight into whatever the poem was about."

-Arthur Dent
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Is Monty Python hiring?
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#16]
So which one would win in a fight?

This one?
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/pbbed6d1a55f8def77d4c066378319981/fd7d6589.jpg[/img]

This one?
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/pa3aee3cc4ff1dc83fc8f796fbf33fcdc/fd7d099c.jpg[/img]

Or this fella?
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p2d63a6401ab0658b3ce2d517c2e39289/fd7d05d6.jpg[/img]

or.....[:)]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p559c5200a1a041dac864d3ce35aee190/fd7d03de.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#17]
The "tooth".
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#18]
You sure do know your art. [:)]
I'm curious, though..

...why the Tooth?
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You sure do know your art. [:)]
I'm curious, though..

...why the Tooth?
View Quote

The tooth reminds me of my root canal.  The whole episode was miserable and made me cranky.  That looks like one pissed off tooth.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Blah blah blah...this type of non-stop dribble makes me wish I never looked at art in the first place.  But what can you do, I'm a hypocrite.  Here's my take:  To be honest, I like your work.  I'm sure these digital renditions don't do the pieces justice, but what can you do?  They show good use of materials, good texture, and great color. I like your compositions for the most part.  I like the fact that they seem organic yet man made at the same time.  I think its the shiny paint and metal that juxtapose the biological earthy gooey stuff so nicely. I wouldn't call it "abstract" because you are rendering objects.  However aesthetics are about as deep as I can go into these pieces.  They don't seem to have a message or humor, as you claimed.  I think you painted these because you wanted to paint some cool looking things.  I'm sick of people claiming this or that about their work when in fact they are just painting stuff they think looks good.  I almost always despise non-representational art and abstract art, but you are at least rendering things so I think that’s why I like them.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Try not to take offense to someone who notices
that you have poor or no taste in art.
View Quote

You are totally out of line making that statement.  Do you think that you are the end all and say all of good art taste?  And if you aren't who is?  The editors of "Art Forum" magazine?  Everyone that looks at a peice deserves to have their own opinion.
 This elitism and art education bullshit drives me crazy.  People think they are so smart and they know what's up in the modern art world.  In 100 years people will look back and laugh when they see art-dorks championed abstract expressionist and other bullshit art forms, and disrespected the fans of realism.  And I will laugh in my grave.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
All your ugly art are belong to you (Thankfully).

The "beans" look like something dog puked after eating who knows what, and the objects in the foreground look like some kind of pitiful spore that you would see under a microscope (they are ugly, that's why they are so little!).

Keeps you off the street, I guess.
View Quote

AHAHHAHHAHAHHA that's classic!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:54:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Blah blah blah...this type of non-stop dribble makes me wish I never looked at art in the first place.  But what can you do, I'm a hypocrite.  Here's my take:  To be honest, I like your work.  I'm sure these digital renditions don't do the pieces justice, but what can you do?  They show good use of materials, good texture, and great color. I like your compositions for the most part.  I like the fact that they seem organic yet man made at the same time.  I think its the shiny paint and metal that juxtapose the biological earthy gooey stuff so nicely. I wouldn't call it "abstract" because you are rendering objects.  However aesthetics are about as deep as I can go into these pieces.  They don't seem to have a message or humor, as you claimed...
View Quote
You'd have to put them into the context of the rest of my work. Much of the "humor" comes into play when you see the titles, all together in one setting. I suppose, though, that you're right.  If one can't stand as well on its own...
 I think you painted these because you wanted to paint some cool looking things.  I'm sick of people claiming this or that about their work when in fact they are just painting stuff they think looks good...
View Quote
You get the gold star. Accept... ...I can't stand it when artists have a ton of message, but forget to make it "look cool".  Good art ALWAYS "looks cool", it's what makes you hang out long enough to get the "message"(whatever that may be). Although, I don't think there's anything wrong with making something just for the sake of having something that's "cool to look at".  That's as valid an intention as any.
I almost always despise non-representational art and abstract art, but you are at least rendering things so I think that’s why I like them.  
View Quote

All of those Abstract fellows from the 50s-60s, considered rendering and shadows to be lies.  Their minions went on to teach this tripe, for the next 30 years. I like to think my stuff is a thumb in the eye to those snotty clowns.  

(...and I hope it's cool to look at.)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top