User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ever seen Memento? That movie is about a guy with amnesia, he only remembers today, then when he wakes up tomorrow he starts all over again. The movie jumps all over the place and is actually a really awesome movie... when you watch it in chronological order it's nowhere near as good, lol (there is a trick on the DVD I believe or a regular option in the menu, no editing needed).
View Quote
Yes, seen it once a long time ago.  Can't remember a whole lot but I remember I liked it.

Pulp Fiction wasn't as good put in order either. The whole suspense, rising action, climax, falling action, ending thing was all out of whack in chrono order.  I don't remember the details and there were a few scenes that were questionable if they were placed in the right sequence, but I think I remember it ending in a dud too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And again... and again... It gets better every time!
View Quote
This.  The Big Lebowski is another one that gets better and better.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Another thing to remember is this was a very revolutionary film for the time in terms of dialog and characters.  A lot of the style pretty much become standard fare in later films - not only by Tarantino but other directors as well.
View Quote
this.

its like watching north by northwest.

its a classic and near the top of any greatest films ever list, but it has been copied so many times that watching it now its kinda dull and predictable.

pulpfiction was kinda the same way.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
of all time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I always catch the last scene when on cable even if I've missed the rest of the flick. The best.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
it's mediocre if you think of it as a coherent movie.  if you think of it as a sketch show, it gets a lot better.

one of the most overrated movies in film history, but it improves every time you re-watch it (preferably while drunk with friends).
View Quote
I never watched the "chronological" version (someone took it and re-edited events into chronological sequence) but it sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:30:24 PM EDT
[#7]
"Naw man, I'm pretty fuckin' far from 'OK'."
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Say what one mo motha fuckin time.....

CLASSIC!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Inglorious Basterds is better
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ever seen Memento? That movie is about a guy with amnesia, he only remembers today, then when he wakes up tomorrow he starts all over again. The movie jumps all over the place and is actually a really awesome movie... when you watch it in chronological order it's nowhere near as good, lol (there is a trick on the DVD I believe or a regular option in the menu, no editing needed).
View Quote
I remember seeing that flick and thinking it was both creepy and one of the most original ideas I'd ever seen.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The "Leave a tip" scene is a close second to Dennis Hopper/Christopher Walken's "Sicilians are spawned by n******"" scene in True Romance.
View Quote
What Happened? He called the boss an eggplant.

Wolf "let's not start sucking each others dick just yet"
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's important to remember that when Tarantino started making movies that whole format of violence/dialog/skewed timelines was new. We're used to it now, but at the time it was new and exciting.

My favorite movie of his is True Romance and he wasn't even involved in making it, but the dialog is amazing. Strangely enough it came from the same script as Natural Born Killers.
View Quote
Tarantino wrote the scripts for all of those films.  Although, he did say in one interview that he doesn't like what Stone did with NBK, and has distanced himself from that one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Zed's dead baby.

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I loved it years ago, watched it many times.

The last few times I've tried to watch it, I've been unable to really get into it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
And I have to say I was disappointed, it wasn't a bad movie, but it didn't live up to my expectations after seeing what others say about it.

I know CSB and all 
View Quote

Whatever you say, Hunny Bunny.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I love PF.  It was on TV a few weeks ago, and, since I hadn't watched it in many years, I gave it another go.  It was still great - the entire thing.

Yes, it's violent; it's profane; it's disgusting.  But, it has excellent writing and acting.

Who wants to dance like Uma Thurman?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Watch it again then.
View Quote
At least 87 times.....  it's not horrible, but it's also NOT the Masterpiece some here think it is imo....seen better, seen way worse, the jumbled time line takes a few tries to get used to
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It is a film that bears multiple viewings.  

It's like The Usual Suspects.  I watched it, went "Huh, what was everyone so gushing about?"  A couple more times though, appreciation.

Another one that takes multiple viewings is Primer.  I think if I watch it about 50 more times, I may understand most of it.  :D
View Quote
One of my favorite characters:

Fenster: I don't know anything about no fuckin? truck.
Interrogation Cop: Oh, yeah? Well, your friend McManus told us a different story altogether.
Fenster: Oh, is that the one about the hooker with the dysentery?

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Motherfucker, I'm the foot fuckin' master.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We should have shotguns for this shit.
View Quote
I love this movie. Just check my title line.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:06:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:08:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If it weren't for the all star cast, it wouldn't be so loved.
View Quote
Except for Uma, the cast was mostly nobodies and has beens before Pulp Fiction.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have watched everything he has made and it's all trash.
View Quote
Got to say , I haven't watched all of his films, because all of the ones I saw, I fucking hated, I meanreally fucking hated , I dont see the love in this movie , or any of them. There all like heroin junkie fucking bullshit bad.....
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:15:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Look at the movie like this.  The plot is just a device for the dialogue. 

The story is kinda meh.   Mace Windu and Saturday Night Fever dude talking about foot massages fucking delivers!
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:57:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Tarantino is entertaining, wife loves to watch movies, otherwise I wouldn't know who he is.
His style of mixing up the timeline is a bit irritating, but easily ignored. The scenes are full of quotable one-liners. Love that if nothing else.
Lot of social decay treated as routine, but hey, it's a movie, not real life,  . . .for most of us.
Kind of similar to Clint Eastwood's run of spaghetti westerns and Josey Wales. Not monumental movies, but definitely quality entertainment.
Not so sure Tarantino's work has the staying power of Clint Eastwood, but Harvey Keitel is great as Winston Wolf, the "cleaner".
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:01:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Watch it again.

Tarentino films are sometimes a little hard to understand the first time around.

Aloha, Mark
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top