Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Levi ' s say that on the label as some half-assed "green" initiative.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, generally speaking I wash all my shit after 1 day of use.

If I only had it on for half the night, it may get worn again before a was. But that's it

No wonder a lot of you have relationship issues
View Quote

pants i do 2.

does anyone wear out jeans by washing them?

i mean how many wash drying cycles does it take to ruin them?

100?
1000?

if i wash my jeans 500 times and they fall apart they had a great life.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Washing your jeans is bad?

Subjecting people around you to the odor of ball sweat, body odor, and dick cheese is much worse.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hate wearing jeans in the summer  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its too damn hot and humid down here, cant do much without becoming ringing wet with sweat. During the winter I can go 2-3 wearings without a wash. Not so much during the summer...
I hate wearing jeans in the summer  

I have no choice, I work in the oilfield and have to wear the FS uniform shirt and pants
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I spend less that $20 for jeans.    So what if washing wears them out.  Showers wear out your skin....should you never shower?

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I like Lucky Brand and True Religion. Wash after 3 wears. Unless I fall down then the knees get dirty.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i go 4-5 wears between washes.  im not rolling around in dirt though

i wont make sense to never wash them. dirt destroys the fibers and they wont last as long as washed jeans
View Quote

So you live alone out in the sticks I take it
or
your personal  hygiene comes second
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Damn, there are some nasty-assed people (literally) in this thread. If I have worn a pair of clothing for just an evening (i.e. going out to dinner) the day before, they are generally clean enough to wear the next day. Otherwise, I grab a new set.

All my work uniforms are taken care of by a cleaning company. They get enough hydraulic fluid and metal shavings, I'd rather pay them to clean them than wash them at home.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#12]
If you wear quality, nice fitting raw selvedge denim, you don't wash them aside from a cold soak every 6-12mo, if necessary.

I'm wearing a pair of Gustins that I got at the end of July, and have worn them every single day since then. No plans to wash any time soon, and they don't smell or anything. I'm not a toddler either, so no stains, lol.

If you wear dad jeans like Levi's or Lee or Wrangler, then it doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

or

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

i go 4-5 wears between washes.  im not rolling around in dirt though
i wont make sense to never wash them. dirt destroys the fibers and they wont last as long as washed jeans

or

yeah

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you wear quality, nice fitting raw selvedge denim, you don't wash them aside from a cold soak every 6-12mo, if necessary.

I'm wearing a pair of Gustins that I got at the end of July, and have worn them every single day since then. No plans to wash any time soon, and they don't smell or anything. I'm not a toddler either, so no stains, lol.

View Quote

Now, don't take this wrong or anything ...... but you talk about clothing like a woman.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll wear them for 3-5 days prior to washing, depending on how dirty they get in the shop at school. School is the only place I wear jeans regularly, and only because they're required to step foot in the shops.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I work outside a lot now than I am retired...........my pants and shorts get washed regularly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Since I moved, I rarely wear jeans anymore. I have two, maybe three pair at this point.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't wash mine every time I wear them - usually 2-3 times in between washes unless they get really dirty from working in the yard or the like.

But never washing? Ugh.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Now, don't take this wrong or anything ...... but you talk about clothing like a woman.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chicks dig raw denim, bro.  . Always be the best dressed man in the room.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

pants i do 2.

100?
1000?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, generally speaking I wash all my shit after 1 day of use.

If I only had it on for half the night, it may get worn again before a was. But that's it

No wonder a lot of you have relationship issues

pants i do 2.

100?
1000?

I usually blow the knees out before a pair die on me.

Cheaper pairs get flimsy after a lot of washes.

My more expensive jeans seem just like the day I bought them after hundreds of washes
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Since I moved, I rarely wear jeans anymore. I have two, maybe three pair at this point.
View Quote

It just depends on how dirty you get them.

What am I missing here with this thread?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Basically a thread about who reads GQ, and who doesn't
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#23]
I wash them every other wear unless I really get them sweaty or dirty.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.........is it some hipster "now thing" to do.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Basically, the three reasons not to wash your jeans are --

1) Preserve the fit. Raw denim starts out really starchy, and stretches selectively as you wear it. A worn in pair of raw denim jeans will fit better than anything off the shelf.

2) Preserve the color. Raw implies the indigo is not treated after dyeing, so a dark pair of jeans gets lighter and more blue every time you wash them because the indigo bleeds out.

And this is where I'll take shit -- 3) The hipster reason, to preserve the fades. Creases form in the jeans as you wear them, and the indigo rubs off of these high spots faster, giving them the distressed/worn-in look. It's contrast though, so if you wash them often and the indigo bleeds out evenly, you have a lighter pair of jeans without a lot of fading, versus a darker pair with visible fading.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't shower either.  Cleaning is for suckers.
View Quote

This.  How else are women supposed to smell my pheromones and know that I am sexually available?

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This.  How else are women supposed to smell my pheromones and know that I am sexually available?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't shower either.  Cleaning is for suckers.

I just fart.  

It's less subtle, and therefore, more alpha.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

1) Preserve the fit. Raw denim starts out really starchy, and stretches selectively as you wear it. A worn in pair of raw denim jeans will fit better than anything off the shelf.

2) Preserve the color. Raw implies the indigo is not treated after dyeing, so a dark pair of jeans gets lighter and more blue every time you wash them because the indigo bleeds out.

And this is where I'll take shit -- 3) The hipster reason, to preserve the fades. Creases form in the jeans as you wear them, and the indigo rubs off of these high spots faster, giving them the distressed/worn-in look. It's contrast though, so if you wash them often and the indigo bleeds out evenly, you have a lighter pair of jeans without a lot of fading, versus a darker pair with visible fading.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i don't think I've ever heard being gay described so elegantly.

Edit i guess this is the 10's acid wash.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who the heck pays that much attention to their blue jeans!!??
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Mine haven't been washed in a couple months, I only wash them when they smell or get muddy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I wash mine everytime I wear them. I wear jeans to work everyday and a pair of $20 wranglers will last me about 4 or 5 years. So I don't know what you hippies are doing running around in stinky jeans for.
View Quote

I won't even wear a new pair before they are washed once
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I wash mine each time I wear them because I wasn't raised by crack whores.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a pair of jeans I've had for probably 10 years.  It's not 'fashionable' but who cares.  After 10 years of washing it is SUPER SOFT though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I never wear an article of clothing twice without it being washed in between. That just sounds dirty to me. If I wear jeans to go to dinner and a movie, they will be washed. If I wear them to work , they get washed. If I wear them around the house for the day, they get washed. They aren't falling apart from washing and drying them. They're not falling apart at all. I have jeans that are ten years old. Jeans look better when they start to wear in the pressure points and start a little fray in the leg cuff. They need to fade a bit to look really good. And if you look at hipster jeans now a days , they have that "dirty jeans" look when brand new. Who wants to wear jeans that look dirty ? You can't beat a pair of worn, faded, frayed, broken in pair of Levi's. A true American item.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

You people stink and you disgust me. Wash your damned pants you filthy animals.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I tried going for a while without washing them once.   When they got up and demanded voting rights, I figured it was time to do the laundry.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#37]
I know the founder of DIESEL Jeans.

he said the best is to turn it inside out and wash it that way...and also to not use the dryer.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

wash clothes after every use, also wash your body atleast once a day. seems kinda strange this has to be said to adults. yuck.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#39]
I wash them every couple of months as needed as long as I haven't sweat in them much, but then again I wear 501's.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Wash when they need them - ie when they're dirty or when they smell bad.

I always turn them inside out and wash in cold water and then hang them up to air dry to prevent wear and tear. Then again I'll do that with most clothes other than undershirts/underwear.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#41]
2-3 times depending on what I got into.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

he said the best is to turn it inside out and wash it that way...and also to not use the dryer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cquE6GGTjU
View Quote

Does turning them inside out and washing them get brake dust, grease, and oil out of them better?

Because, frankly, that sounds like what my wife does with her bras.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Just a quick wipe down with warm water, then dry on the stove with a light coat of oil if necessary to re-season.

View Quote

OK, old man. My jeans have a nonstick surface and excellent thermal conductivity.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#44]
I take my chances and wash them anyway.  It's 102 here now with the heat index.  It's gross to sweat and then continue to wear them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Does turning them inside out and washing them get brake dust, grease, and oil out of them better?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should talk her into working on the car topless.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm afraid they'd get wrapped around the driveshaft.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I wash mine after a wear or two.

What's this style people never washing their blue jeans?

Who wants to be stinky? I don't get it.
View Quote

WTF! Is going on in this thread? Nasty mofo's. Even if I wear my jeans for only an hour they're getting washed. Really, worried they'll wear out if you wash them? Believe me, they last a very long time washing them constantly. Smelly bastards...
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "best dressed man in the room" with smelly jeans.  

I'll pass.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I got a pretty active lifestyle. The MOST I can get is 3 times before washing. I buy wranglers for $15 from wally world. If I'm lucky they last 2 years before they become "work jeans", then after another year they are in the trash- best case scenario.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top