Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Sprint billing is full retard.  And Dantel and Sheniqua in the call center are equally fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Former Sprint customer here.  I was with them for like 6 years, but was tired of paying way too much for my phone.  Straight Talk $45 plan, unlimited everything.  No contract and I am one happy camper

Oh and I've saved nearly $500 bucks since I switched.  Yeah, it's on Sprint's network but the coverage has been great everywhere I go.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 11:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Im happy paying 250$ for 5 lines of unlimited everything. Well, not land line calls but we use maybe 300/1500 A month so it might as well be unlimited.

No way anyone else could match that price point for the same services. Also I love unlimited data.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been with Nextel >> Sprint for 16 years. They always try to con me, I complain and they fix it. They're switch-over to all Sprint towers has ruined their excellent push-to-talk system, though. I won't give up my Nextel Blackberry til they get it right. The deadline is June or July, 2013.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:44:32 AM EDT
[#5]
We are with Sprint.  We get our LEO discount just fine.  Never had a problem with them in 3+ years.  Was with ATT before, had nothing but problems.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:31:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:53:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like all the Verizon people who pissed me off so bad 10 years ago that I will NEVER knowingly give a dime to that company migrated over to Sprint.
I've been with T-Mobile for six years, and haven't had a bad experience yet.
ETA -
Quoted:
I will then hold SPRINT
to every damned letter. If one "i" isn't dotted or "t" crossed I am
calling breach of contract and cancelling.  

Sorry OP, but that's what Sprint will do when you threaten to sue them for breach of contract.  And if you actually pursue legal action, they will crush you - and your credit rating. Back in 1986 I got a Sprint landline bill for $3500 - AFTER they told me I would have some 'unauthorized charges' on my next bill.

It took me over a year to get the charges credited and the interest penalties dropped.  It took longer than than to get my credit cleared up.  I threatened to sue the 27th supervisor that I'd spoken with, and he just laughed.  I mean he literally laughed at me and said, "Good luck with that."

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:11:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Huh, interesting.  Sprint has unarguably the best CS out of the wireless carriers.  Sucks that you apparently found some bad apples.

This has been my experience
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:18:01 AM EDT
[#9]
The wife has Sprint and has had no issues. We canceled our second line with them about three years ago since I rarely use the phone. I ported my number to a prepaid Page Plus account.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:24:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sounds like all the Verizon people who pissed me off so bad 10 years ago that I will NEVER knowingly give a dime to that company migrated over to Sprint.

I've been with T-Mobile for six years, and haven't had a bad experience yet.

ETA -

Quoted:

I will then hold SPRINT to every damned letter. If one "i" isn't dotted or "t" crossed I am calling breach of contract and cancelling.  

Sorry OP, but that's what Sprint will do when you threaten to sue them for breach of contract.  And if you actually pursue legal action, they will crush you - and your credit rating. Back in 1986 I got a Sprint landline bill for $3500 - AFTER they told me I would have some 'unauthorized charges' on my next bill.

It took me over a year to get the charges credited and the interest penalties dropped.  It took longer than than to get my credit cleared up.  I threatened to sue the 27th supervisor that I'd spoken with, and he just laughed.  I mean he literally laughed at me and said, "Good luck with that."

You did it wrong...you either came at them with weak sauce or you really owed those charges.  Any night school lawyer can cause a major headache for companies like sprint if you even have a remotely legit claim.  A billing error can cost a company like sprint big money when a lawyer starts throwing a out terms like malicious or intentional.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I've had sprint since they bought nextel. I had nextel since it came out. I've never experienced a single thing you have. Maybe its because I only deal with the business department and not with the regular call center as I have a business account?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Like the Detroit Big 3, cellphone companies all gargle choad.  It's just a matter of picking one who hasn't buttfucked you raw recently.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yup, they suck donkey balls.

I'm contract free right now and feel like calling them and telling them to get fucked, but they're the only nationwide provider with unlimited data.  There is a smaller regional carrier with unlimited data, I was with them about 10 years ago and their coverage was shit.

That's the only reason I have stayed with Sprint. I don't even use that much data normally and could probably get away with a Verizon 4Gb/month plan, but tethering my Blackberry is my backup internet and it could get ugly if I had to use it for any significant amount of time.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Sprint customer for over 12 years.

No plan.

My current phone is 8 years old.

Same. I had a 7 year old phone. The only reason I upgraded is because my phone would no longer stay connected anywhere. I went in for the software upgrade...I pulled my phone out and his jaw dropped. He couldn't believe that someone would hold on to something so antiquated.  He showed me and let me hear the tech line people so I didn't think he was lying to me. They plainly stated. The software for this device no longer exists. Oh well.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I dropped those shit bags about 8 years ago.  Verizon now.

Same here, and after a story similar to but worse than the OP.  Their billing "errors" are legendary and their business practices are criminal.  FUCK Sprint.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:51:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I've been on Sprint Sero for years and years. Can't beat it. 100 bucks a month for 2 lines unlimited everything. I love sprint. Each phone has 500 minutes of anytime but who the hell has a landline now days.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a work phone and 2 personal phones.

2 personal phones - prepaid account through straight talk. Costs 45 per month per phone. Automatically comes out of account. Better service than I had with any of my other phones.

Work phones all through verizon. We have 30 of them company wide, coverage issues with all of them, customer service issues every time the damn things won't work, and they cost too damn much. No service in the boondocks where we work. Always got service with straight talk in those same areas. Supposedly straight uses verizon towers, so go figure.

I've had alltel, sprint, and us cellular. They all sucked. Nary a complaint with straight talk.I have been kicked out of the alltel and sprint store for agressively demanding they fix my billing problems and months and months and dozens of calls. Several of the staff even argued with me about what town I lived in, saying that it was correct on the bill and I was wrong. I kept telling them I lived in the next town over (no cell office there) and just came there to fix the problem.

I remember it quite well.
Staff: "SIR! I'm not going to tell you again, your bill is being sent to your home in Garden City you need to visit with the p.o. if they are losing it."

Me: "I live in ______ town 50 miles from here"

Staff: "No sir, LOOK at this bill, you live in Garden City"

Me: called her a dumb c*&t and said i'd beat them all to death if they didn't change it and stop arguing with me. I was 17 at the time so the cops didn't arrest me, they seemed dumbfounded that the people there were telling me where I lived at. Took 9 months to finally get sprint to send me a bill. With alltel it took 4.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Sprint has sucked in the past, however recently they seem to be getting better.  I dropped my S3 and broke the camera lens and it wouldnt charge, I took it to the sprint store to get it fixed.  I came back later in the day and the guy handed it to me fixed and said no charge.  That was a first.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've had zero problems with Sprint––they had my employer discount correct from day one with no drama.  I had nothing but problems with Verizon.

This.

Had been with Alltel since the start, once Verizon bought them out, they buttfucked me on an upgrade, then refused to set my service back to what it was, and then shortly afterwards got a big fat go fuck yourself when I switched to Sprint.

No problems.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Still no problems with Verizon.  

Same here. I'll never give Sprint another dime of my money.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#21]
I always chime in on these threads to say I left ATT after many years and just went with Page Plus Cellular. 29.99 a month, no extra taxes or fees. 1200 min, 3000 texts and apparently now 250 mb per month. No contract, Verizon network. How they do it I don't know, but I am saving about $600 per year.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#22]
They all suck. Go with whoever has good service and is cheapest.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Getting out of a sprint contract is EASY.

Wait till you get a "change of terms" notice in the mail. This is where they make small changes to the contract. When you do call them up and tell them you do not agree with the contract changes. They will try and argue it but in the end they will release you from the contract with zero cancellation fee's.

I did this several years ago with sprint/nextel. Did it online via their support chat. Before I got off the computer the phones were off and I was out of the contract.

Just be persistent and polite. You'll get your way.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We've had Sprint for years and years and never had any major problems.

this for me too.

J-
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top