Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sorry if it's been discussed, I did search all boards for the past 30 days.  And I haven't noticed such a thread, though I admit there have been a few days I've not been online recently.

This store is in North Olmstead, Ohio, near Cleveland.

(Oh, please ingnore the post count, new troll account)  

Hey, dude, I was in the Strongsville store and the same thing.........but the old guy there said we could go to the store in Medina, or Avon , the ones in a more "rural" setting, they still have guns.....

The Brooklyn store hasn't sold ammo for years. It is a city law. No ammo sales in city limits, for the childrens
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Walmarts in Louisiana have been emtpy of guns since Katrina, they just recently started putting guns back in the stores.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, last weekend I went to buy a few WWB's and maybe check the prices on a 10/22. All they had was a couple BB guns. I was so disgusted that I left without even buying the ammo.

I won't be back.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yep, last weekend I went to buy a few WWB's and maybe check the prices on a 10/22. All they had was a couple BB guns. I was so disgusted that I left without even buying the ammo.

I won't be back.

Ok.......I was out in kali from about late 2002 through late '05--they did not sell guns PERIOD, as has been mentioned before.

Someone mentioned the Melbourne, FL store--Which one was it? The one on Wickham, or the I-95, or the one right off the beach?

FWIW, Charlotte, Pineville and Albemarle stores still sells them. I ought to go and ask to see if they have "heard" of anything. Sometimes they clearance them CHEAP!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]
as long as they keep selling ammo, i could care less. i wouldnt buy a gun from then anyway.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#7]
My local Wallyworld said they would order handguns for customers but not stock them
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ok, just heard this on the news during chow...

As posted in another thread, Wal-Mart is going "upscale".

At the top of the list they showed on Fox/CNN/??? whatever it was, was NO GUNS, followed by less fishing supplies, greater selection of khaki's and polo shirts, coffee shop's etc.

Well, at least if any of the little guys survived the last 10 years, their gun shop should get busy again!  

Sad part is, the long time small store bait/fishing/hunting place here in town just closed down. One of the major reasons given was everyone buying all there "stuff" at the super wally world just down the street.

How funny (NOT) it would be for wally world to go "upscale" just after they run the last bait shop out of town.

* Note: I hate the word "upscale". I've never,ever seen anything good come from it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This is a HUGE victory for the anti's, you tards just don't see it.

+ 1000

"I hate wal-mart because they put my local mom and pop store out of business."

They forget the fact that mom and pop had been over charging their ass by >25% since their grandpa's days.

Wal-Mart has done more good for lower and middle class Americans than any politician ever thought about.

That's right, it's called capitalism, the market dictates which businesses survive and which ones fail.  Too many of you social commies would love to see the government (led by dems) take wal-mart down a notch.  Screw you, come up with your own successful business if you don't like the way Wally World does things!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#10]
This really is bad news.  Walmart kept prices down, for guns and ammo.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is a HUGE victory for the anti's, you tards just don't see it.

I think this has more to do with volume of merchandise sold vs costs of maintaining inventory and the fact that Walmart doesn't wish to pay the amount to hire knowledgable employees to work the gun counters...so they've screwed themselves with mistakes on firearms purchases (fines and investigations).

My local 'upscale' Walmarts don't carry guns anymore, and I really can't blame them.  The guns don't move off the shelf quickely enough so they're just sitting there costing the company money.  The shotguns and rifles seem to move faster in the more rural stores and those stores still sell them.

Sure, I hate seeing a gun source dry up but I have less expensive stores with better selections to choose from.  Walmart isn't even the best deal on ammo in my city.  I can get WWB 9mm and .40 at about the same price locally (hell, sometimes American Eagle is cheaper and in greater supply at my local Turners Outdoorsman) and I know a store that sells M193 at $92 per 500rd case.

Think all you want, but China Mart is one of the nations biggest retailers of firearms. Not to mention exposing all those ignorant fucking soccer mom sheeples to big bad guns at every shopping trip. Eliminating them from view (and subsequently, out of mind) they become "more" evil.

It's a baaaaaa'a'a'a''aaaad sign when one of the largest firearms retailers in the U.S. stop selling in a large portion of their stores.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It's not a good thing to see any source of guns dry up. I take no joy in this.

I agree.

I live on WWB from china mart. only reason I go there.

I walk in, strait to the ammo counter then right back out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Talk to the manager and ask him what they are doing with the display cases,that would be sweet to have one of those in the house.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Some fat bitch in sporting goods let me know they don't sell "weapons" in WalMart in Jersey. I guess I imagined the rack of bows behind her.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm hauling freight for Wal-Mart for the rest of the week.  Store deliveries and such...

They have instituted a new anti-idling policy company wide.

What that means, is I can't run my truck when it's 25 degrees out to stay warm when I sleep.

I guess they got in a tangle with the EPA and figured if little Billy Gates can't beat the feds, nobody can.  

I have no idea about the firearms issue yet...

Just stay outta those Walmart DCs,I wasted many a day in those!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I’ve never seen a firearm in a WM that interested me.

But I still really, really hate to see this happen.  

I remember when all sorts of stores carried firearms: Sears, Montgomery Wards, Penny’s, Western Auto - even Woolworth’s.

I bought my first handgun (a neat little Beretta .22) at a K-Mart.

For all it’s faults, WM is an enormous chain that did at least expose non-gun owners to the idea that firearms were a legitimate product being sold to people like themselves.  And it did let children of non-gun owners see what a firearm looked like.

Pretty soon firearm owners will be relegated to slinking around to obscure little shops in out-of-way places to purchase a firearm.

I have no doubt WM’s motivation is primarily financial.  Still, this is a spectacular victory for the anti’s.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:38:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well their guns are too damn high in the Alaska Walmart's anyway, they want like 600 for a glock.

Did you notice any Walmart up here tossing their firearms? It's been a while since I've been to one but, I don't think they would want to do that up here.

(And yes, they do sell handguns in the AK Walmart's)
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:27:23 PM EDT
[#19]
The 2 local wally worlds here*central MI* still have all their firearms in stock.Same with ammo.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Wal Mart sporting goods employees are morons anyway...they don't know their heads from their asses and have no business trying to sell guns.

Save it for the local FFLs, to hell with Wal Mart.  To hell with Wal Mart's grocery stores and their rotten vegetables as well.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Wal Mart sporting goods employees are morons anyway...they don't know their heads from their asses and have no business trying to sell guns.

Save it for the local FFLs, to hell with Wal Mart.  To hell with Wal Mart's grocery stores and their rotten vegetables as well.

I have to agree.  I've seen people wait for 10 to 20 minutes at my local wal mart for someone, anyone who knows how to fill out firearms paperwork, and then leave without a gun after some lady from electronics apologizes that 'jim' or 'bill' aren't there and they're the only ones who know the paperwork.

This just means that the gun owners of this country will need to be even bigger ambassadors of the sport, the heritage, and the civic duty of gun ownership.

No ranting, screaming, talking about how you'll snipe the first three ATF guys who come for your guns... just calm, logical, non-threatening information and truth about how important this freedom is.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Which state? California only?

California Wal-marts stopped years ago, they couldn't properly train their employees to sell guns.  

That's right, their employees were ringing up guns and sending people on their way without paperwork
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Went to two walmarts a few days ago.
First stop was at the usual place to buy out whatever stock they had of WWB .40S&W 100 packs.
They still sell guns and ammo...but didnt have any .40 left.

On the way to the range I stopped off at a newly constructed walmart....they had plenty of ammo...no guns!!! Bastards!!!

Looks like they will go the way of Sears.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:23:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Well now maybe some local gun show can afford to stay in business.

Or they'll jack up their already inflated prices, becuase they are the only game in town

Quoted:
Most Wal-Marts sell handguns but you have to order them from their catalog, they dont carry them in stock.

Not anymore. It used to be this way. The only stores that can get handguns anymore, whether it is a special order or not, is the Alaska stores. WM stopped allowing special order of handguns about 4-5 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#26]
There was a post a few days ago, discussing this, in the post was a link to walmarts customer service dept, you could email them, concerning their gun sales. I emailed saying if they stopped selling firearms, and ammo, I would stop shopping there and at sam's, and personally and through my business, I spend approx 300k annually with them and sam's. They emailed back saying:" Our decision to stop selling firearms and ammo in 1000 stores, was based on firearm sells in those stores, and the stores where guns and ammo were good sellers, they would continue  selling them.  If anyone would like a copy of their reply, I can email it to you. If this is strictly a business decision, not to stock guns and ammo where they don't sell, then it makes sense, but if they are caving to anti gunners, screw em'. If my local wally world keeps selling then I will keep buying, if they stop, I won't shop there. My local walmart sells a shit load of guns and ammo, if they stop there, then they are caving.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#27]
They are trying to get into the Chicago market and I would not be suprised if this wasn't a bid to placate fuckwad Daley.  

Then I heard on Paul Harvey the other day that WalMart is adding gourmet coffee and organic products to its line.  WTF???

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Guns are the devil.

So that would mean that something has to be god.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:03:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:08:38 AM EDT
[#30]
I know a lot of you are WM haters, but we need to wage a letter writing campaign about this.

The guns in WM are a big deal for making guns mainstream.  Force the sheeple to look at them.  

Tell them that the gun display is the ONLY reason you shop there.

We need to make WM fear the gun lobby.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:32:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Walmarts here in Nebraska still selling guns, some of them have reloading supplies and equipment.

What they don't have is Winchester Dynapoints, dammit.

We don't have reloading stuff at ours, but we have plenty of dynapoints.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top