Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#1]
saw the sign on the ammo case this morning.....after I noticed there was no 9mm..no 45acp...no. 223
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#2]
My local Walmart sporting goods manager in Montgomery County Maryland ( just north of D.C.) stated that he has no idea when the next shipment will come in because the warehouse is empty of ammo.

Walmart can only get what Winchester and Federal can provide and both of those companies are running full out. Don't forget that a lot of ammo is still going to the military and police departments.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it 6 boxes total of ammo or 6 boxes of each specific kind?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
GOOD.

I like this policy.

I will shop at walmarts that do this.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have yet to see that many boxes of ammo (all types combined) on display the last three times I've been to Wally World.

+1
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No problem here. Last few months I've managed to get about 4 boxs total from 3 different stores.

I still think it's a BS rule. Someone comes in they should be able to buy all they want if it's available. If I miss out it's my tough luck...........

It's not BS.

WM makes more money selling less items to more people, than they do selling all the items to one person...

Why?

Because the 'more people' buy more 'other stuff' when they come in for ammo...

It makes perfect sense, and since it is a private company deciding of their own free will how to conduct their private business...

Capitalisim, FTW

That it makes life hard for morons who are hoarding ammo... Is irrelevant....

Yep...

Or they could just raise the fucking prices.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:12:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Saw the sign at my Wal Mart yesterday. Of course, the only ammo they had was 2 boxes of FUDD calibers and a boatload of birdshot. No .22, no pistol ammo at all.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep...

They've done that also...

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep...

They've done that also...

Not enough, obviously.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#10]
We don't get the value packs near us.
Most of the ammo just sits on the shelf collecting dust.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#11]
6 boxes of Fed 55 gr 223 100ct bulk pak. Fine, now just get em in for me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Now i can purchase at least 1 box hopefully. Havent seen anything except hunting calibers.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#13]
My Wal Mart seems to get a lot of Winchester 7.62x39 mm  and Sig .357.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Yep, just happened here also.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No problem here. Last few months I've managed to get about 4 boxs total from 3 different stores.

I still think it's a BS rule. Someone comes in they should be able to buy all they want if it's available. If I miss out it's my tough luck...........

It's not BS.

WM makes more money selling less items to more people, than they do selling all the items to one person...

Why?

It makes perfect sense, and since it is a private company deciding of their own free will how to conduct their private business...

Capitalisim, FTW

I concur.

I stopped going to Walmart because I know there wont be any ammo for me to buy. If Walmart is able to consistently able to keep some ammo that I use in stock with this policy in place then I will probably start going again, and while there I might be tempted to buy a soda, candy bar, etc.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#16]

I was at two Walmarts yesterday as part of my never-ending & unsuccessful quest for ammunition and I did not see any sign or any ammunition.

The ammo just isn't arriving in the amounts that it has in the past due to people all over the country buying it up.  I've got one pistol course coming up which I barely have enough ammunition for... after that, I'm going to have to switch to another hobby.  My wife joked that my hobbies have gone from shooting & cleaning guns, to hunting for ammunition.  That's just not nearly as much fun.  Looks like fishing it is!  

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm awfully proud of myself
I don't know FOR CERTAIN if it was my dilligence alone that led to this, but I have to think it has played a role.

For the record, I was asking for a 2 box limit. I think that would have a greater effect, and quicker, but something is better then nothing. Because of this policy, I was able to get 4 550 round boxes of 22 LR this morning. The rule prevented the person 10 minutes before me from buying it all.

We'll still have to get there early to score, but you can't get beat by one hoarding/reselling jackass, and leave empty handed.
I think it will eventually make it not worth the horder/resellers while to go when they have limits like this, but even if it doesn't completely (I definitely think it would have with a 2 box limit) keep them away, the fact that it will be more of a pain in their ass makes me happy

We need a word for all of these ammo hoarding/reselling idiots. They either think Obama is gonna ban ammo, or they are just trying to take advantage of others.
Start a real business you fucking losers!

....pathetic  
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
As soon as I find a Walmart with 6 boxes of ammo I'm sure I'll be pissed.

+1
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#19]
My local Wally World has a sign limiting purchase to 2 boxs per person per day.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm all for it! Maybe I can find some ammo now!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#21]
There has consistently been plenty of .17hmr around here, and nothing else... but I haven't checked in about a week.

Quoted:

I was at two Walmarts yesterday as part of my never-ending & unsuccessful quest for ammunition and I did not see any sign or any ammunition.

The ammo just isn't arriving in the amounts that it has in the past due to people all over the country buying it up.  I've got one pistol course coming up which I barely have enough ammunition for... after that, I'm going to have to switch to another hobby.  My wife joked that my hobbies have gone from shooting & cleaning guns, to hunting for ammunition.  That's just not nearly as much fun.  Looks like fishing it is!  

Try geocaching if you're looking for a hobby.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#22]
I noticed this as well two days ago at my local Wally World.

I talked to the sporting goods manager about it. He said he didn't agree with it at all. I replied "Hell, do y'all even get in 6 boxes of a single popular caliber these days to sell?"

Oh well, I've got enough for a while.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#23]
i haven't been to walmart's ammo dept recently, but i think its all over priced.  i haven't seen any good deals in my local wally world.  i can always find better deals at other stores.

but at scheels, they are limiting 9mm and 45acp.  even with the limits, scheels had no 9mm or 45acp.  they had a shit ton of 40S&W, but they expected to sell out very soon.

basically, the rule of thumb is stock up cuz it won't be there after obama has his way!

robert
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#24]
When I moved several years ago I left my Dillon in the possession of a friend, guess it is time to have him ship it to me and start loading my own ammo.

As for those who hate the ammo whores/ammo resellers/gun stores/ whatever, SUCK IT. Everyone is trying to supply their customers, if that means buying out Wal Mart more power to them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#25]
same sign posted here as well
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#26]
We need a word for all of these ammo hoarding/reselling idiots. They either think Obama is gonna ban ammo, or they are just trying to take advantage of others.

It is a real business obviously.

If they couldn't sell it for more, they'd stop buying it. So be mad at the people who ARE paying $55 for a box of WWB 9mm & not those who are smart enough, paitent enough & able to make money.

If you aren't willing to get up early & get there, don't gripe at those who are.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Saw it today looking for .22. they had none so it did not matter.

I went across the street and purchased 6 boxes of .223 from Academy. They did not have any .22 either.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not BS.

Why?

Capitalisim, FTW

Well said; and if it makes it uneconomical for the gun store owners to grab up everything by paying off low level Wal-Mart employees to withhold it from the public  I'm all for it.

I spoke to the sporting goods section manager at my local Wal-Mart about a week ago and he said the ill will due to the shenanigans that was going on between the clerks and the gun stores was a corporate concern.

It really isn't in Wal-Mart's best interests to act as a defacto ammo warehouse for the gun stores at the expense of the goodwill of its customers.

Especially since that situation was being contrived between their own low level employees and the gun stores.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#29]
They should be sued for allowing so much dangerous ammunition to be sold to one person like that!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't know FOR CERTAIN if it was my dilligence alone that led to this, but I have to think it has played a role.

For the record, I was asking for a 2 box limit. I think that would have a greater effect, and quicker, but something is better then nothing. Because of this policy, I was able to get 4 550 round boxes of 22 LR this morning. The rule prevented the person 10 minutes before me from buying it all.

We'll still have to get there early to score, but you can't get beat by one hoarding/reselling jackass, and leave empty handed.
I think it will eventually make it not worth the horder/resellers while to go when they have limits like this, but even if it doesn't completely (I definitely think it would have with a 2 box limit) keep them away, the fact that it will be more of a pain in their ass makes me happy

....pathetic  

Glad you're happy with 2 boxes. Some of us like to shoot a bit more than that. If there is going to be a limit 6 boxes is better.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
i haven't been to walmart's ammo dept recently, but i think its all over priced.  i haven't seen any good deals in my local wally world.  i can always find better deals at other stores.

but at scheels, they are limiting 9mm and 45acp.  even with the limits, scheels had no 9mm or 45acp.  they had a shit ton of 40S&W, but they expected to sell out very soon.

basically, the rule of thumb is stock up cuz it won't be there after obama has his way!

robert

This absolutely MORONIC 'Obama is going to ban or tax ammo' CRAP is what started this mess in the first place...

Stupid hoarding dumbasses...

It is going to be HILARIOUS to see you all take it in the shorts when prices come down, and you can no longer keep your entire house & garage full of NIW ammo
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

....pathetic  

Glad you're happy with 2 boxes. Some of us like to shoot a bit more than that. If there is going to be a limit 6 boxes is better.

1 to 2 boxes would be best...

It would hasten the release of the hoarded ammo onto the market, once the fools who bought it up realize that the 'ammo ban' nonsense is as much of a 'problem' as Y2K
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#33]

I'm in favor of it .
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

....pathetic  

It would hasten the release of the hoarded ammo onto the market, once the fools who bought it up realize that the 'ammo ban' nonsense is as much of a 'problem' as Y2K

Limit of one box ?? Thats nuts. No one would be shooting much as most working men don't have time to go to walmart every other day to buy a few boxes to shoot over the weekend.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

robert

This absolutely MORONIC 'Obama is going to ban or tax ammo' CRAP is what started this mess in the first place...

Stupid hoarding dumbasses...

It is going to be HILARIOUS to see you all take it in the shorts when prices come down, and you can no longer keep your entire house & garage full of NIW ammo

Prices may come down from the sky high gunbroker and CTD prices but there are never going to be less than the walmart price so I'd say those who hoarded that will do allright. Those who paid 300-400 per case of wolf online may regret it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Its to prevent gun shop owners from buyiung them out. I can understand Wal-Mart not wanting to aid their competition by allowing them to exploit their supply chain.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have not seen 6 boxes of identical ammo in Wal-Mart in the last 6 months.

Ain't that the truth.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Really? The ones around here aren't doing that yet.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I picked up 8 boxes of 22lr tonight.  No signs or mention of any kind of limit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have not seen 6 boxes of identical ammo in Wal-Mart in the last 6 months.

Ain't that the truth.

THIS.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

....pathetic  

Are you old enough to have been buying guns in 1994 Dave? Because we had mag bans and rifle restrictions that were enacted by the Feds and several states followed up with even more restrictive law, most of which are still on the books. Some of which are being tightened up every year.

If you don't know that the first time the assholes in DC believe they can politically get away with passing more gun control laws, ban mags, and tax or restrict ammo they will not go all out and do it, then you are a FOOLISH and have missed the lessons that our own history teachs US.

Get it through you thick skull, when the Democrats and Turncoat Republican believe they can vote for more gun control bills and not pay a high price, it will get done. The intial Brady Bill floated around for over a decade before it got traction, same for the AW Ban, when there was enough poltical support these bills were dusted off and voted into law. There are more bills languishing in committe every year that would require licensing, Dingel 's 1000% ammo tax, and other heinous shit that is just waiting to be brought out of committe. Next time there will be no loopholes or sunset dates.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#43]
My walmart was slow to adopt the 2 box policy. Three gun stores around here are buying up all the ammo and reselling it for double the price. I won't even do transfers with those scum anymore.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My walmart was slow to adopt the 2 box policy. Three gun stores around here are buying up all the ammo and reselling it for double the price. I won't even do transfers with those scum anymore.

Exactly!
These are the assholes at most walmarts at 5am buying everything they have as soon as possible. Don't ever give them another dime!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly!
These are the assholes at most walmarts at 5am buying everything they have as soon as possible. Don't ever give them another dime!

Happens here too.  I wish they would do that 6 box policy here, maybe then there might be a miniscule chance of getting ammo once in a while.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd welcome that, after a few months of this B.S. :

Last weekend, Wally had a couple boxes of WWB .45, and I could only get one. I'd have taken six in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:32:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'd welcome that, after a few months of this B.S. :
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb311/cosmicben42/stpatswalmart3.jpg

Last weekend, Wally had a couple boxes of WWB .45, and I could only get one. I'd have taken six in a heartbeat.

They should give you dated rainchecks, one per day. If you go in five times and they don't have .45ACP, then the next time you do, you can get the 6 boxes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:35:43 AM EDT
[#49]
walmart corporate says that is bullshit but what do i know, i only asked the store manager.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:36:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Ironic.  Those of us who stocked piled ammo over the years are being called morons.  Yet we are the ones who have ammo..................

4 years ago news hit about possible ammo shortages.  Some of us prepared.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top