Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll go the extra step of holding it out at arms length if they want to run and catch up, and they can even take it (and keep it) unless I'm buying something expensive enough that I might want to return it, but I'm not stopping.  As previously mentioned, I've already spent enough time waiting in their damn line.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always say "no thanks" and just keep walking. I'm not trying to make a scene or be difficult. Sometimes there's a uniformed LEO there and they couldn't care less.

I'd bet there's more loss from thieving employees than shoplifters anyway.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

There is DEFINITELY more loss from employees that customers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Guy is just doing his job. Must you be that way.

ETA: And I take it you have never shopped at Costco.
View Quote

Calling it your job old hoss sure don't make it right , and no, nevah been in Costco.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#4]
last time they did that to me I went right back to customer service and received a full refund.
They see me coming now, they say have a nice day. I really hate it when they make me feel
that I lifted something.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Consider yourself lucky that you made it out with both legs intact.
View Quote

...waiting on that paycheck...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was under the assumption that after I paid for it and left the check out line, it was mine. Not sure why I would need to show other people receipts for things I already own.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Please tell me you bladed at a 45!!!!!
View Quote

No, didn't get irritated until later...
But tomorrow is another day.  Maybe I should get someone with a camera and do a little Arf-Theater...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why are most of you wound so tight?  It takes two seconds. Why so serious?  Life is too short.
View Quote

"If" it took two seconds, It would be in the "PITA" category.  This old fart was taking a LOOOOOONG ass time, falling into the "fuck this" category.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't see the issue.

I offer my receipt freely for them to inspect. So far, no receipt checker at Walmart has ever wanted to actually inspect it. There are so many other things in life to get worked up over, but showing the folks at the Walmart exit that I'm neither a thief nor looking to make their crap job any worse doesn't seem to be a windmill worth tilting at.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was under the assumption that after I paid for it and left the check out line, it was mine. Not sure why I would need to show other people receipts for things I already own.
View Quote

This Wally isnt a membership store and you sign no agreement to be subject for such nonsense.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Righteous indignation Mmmm yes.... You should have pissed on them while waving the flag.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1

How is your leg doing OP?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Out of all the things in life that require I exert my rights, that  demand I be left alone to conduct my personal life in the way I see fit,

a FUCKING receipt checker at some FUCKING store doesn't even get on my radar.

Who gives a FUCKING SHIT that you get your ass in a wad over this?

It's NOT government, It violates NO RIGHTS guaranteed by the constitution. IT'S A FUCKING NON-ISSUE UNLESS YOU MAKE IT ONE!

You have an issue with it?

JUST PUT THE FUCKING CRAP BACK, GET A REFUND, AND FUCKING SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#14]
You missed a fine opportunity to.......

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY RECEIPT

Come on, you were thinking it weren't you
View Quote

Not this time, But I HAVE thought it a bunch and laughed silently to myself thinking of ARF...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Our Wal-Mart has been hit by a bunch of thievery lately, lots of recent security.  Normally, the guards only want to see your papers if you have something not bagged.  That is still a PITA, but their store, their rules and all that shit.  Lately, they are checking every time anyone walks through the exit door.  Tonight, I had to wait in line for one of the two registers who were trying to set a record for the slowest MoFo's on the planet for ringing you out.  Then, this dude was at the exit holding everybody up checking EVERY GOD DAMNED ITEM in their basket against the receipt...  I went around the exit line and began to walk out the door.  "Excuse me, Sir! Can I see your receipt?" I hear as I pass the line...  Me: "No!", and continued walking.  No further incident.  But the entire thing is starting to piss me off.

Questions
-Where did I miss that I get to be patted down when I leave the fucking WalMart?
-What makes "No" the wrong answer?
-Why don't they just holler 'Papers, Please!"?
-If there are only two registers, two bouncers, and one open door; why doesn't WM just put one guard on the registers so the Nazis can watch your shit be rung up, and the other roam the floor instead of holding you up at the exit line?

Fucking WalMart.
IBCSB
View Quote

Why shop there if it bothers you that much?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

103rd?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our Wal-Mart has been hit by a bunch of thievery lately, lots of recent security.  Normally, the guards only want to see your papers if you have something not bagged.  That is still a PITA, but their store, their rules and all that shit.  Lately, they are checking every time anyone walks through the exit door.  Tonight, I had to wait in line for one of the two registers who were trying to set a record for the slowest MoFo's on the planet for ringing you out.  Then, this dude was at the exit holding everybody up checking EVERY GOD DAMNED ITEM in their basket against the receipt...  I went around the exit line and began to walk out the door.  "Excuse me, Sir! Can I see your receipt?" I hear as I pass the line...  Me: "No!", and continued walking.  No further incident.  But the entire thing is starting to piss me off.

Questions
-Where did I miss that I get to be patted down when I leave the fucking WalMart?
-What makes "No" the wrong answer?
-Why don't they just holler 'Papers, Please!"?
-If there are only two registers, two bouncers, and one open door; why doesn't WM just put one guard on the registers so the Nazis can watch your shit be rung up, and the other roam the floor instead of holding you up at the exit line?

Fucking WalMart.
IBCSB

103rd?

Ocala, Silver Springs Blvd.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#18]
The few times they've asked me I just say no thanks and keep walking, they've always said "ok, have a nice day" after that.  No reason to be rude and no reason to really comply unless you want to waste your time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd do the same as you OP.  What a waste.

I also always keep walking when the door alarms go off.  If someone wants to chase me down, so be it I paid for it.  Always find it funny that people stand there and wait for someone to give them the ok to leave the store when that happens.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Considering most of the people doing that are elderly, and just trying to make ends meet and/or have something to do instead of sit stagnant and die, I kindly oblige and show them, because I was taught to respect the elderly and all other people I interact with in society until I am done an actual wrong.

I doubt your life is that packed full of importance that you can't at least just deal with it.  

Put the blame on the thieves, not the person working for a living.

Grow the fuck up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't see the issue.

I offer my receipt freely for them to inspect. So far, no receipt checker at Walmart has ever wanted to actually inspect it. There are so many other things in life to get worked up over, but showing the folks at the Walmart exit that I'm neither a thief nor looking to make their crap job any worse doesn't seem to be a windmill worth tilting at.
View Quote

I'm not an asshole about it, I just say "No thanks" as I go on my way.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#22]
This thread needs MS PAINT.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Considering most of the people doing that are elderly, and just trying to make ends meet and/or have something to do instead of sit stagnant and die, I kindly oblige and show them, because I was taught to respect the elderly and all other people I interact with in society until I am done an actual wrong.

I doubt your life is that packed full of importance that you can't at least just deal with it.  

Grow the fuck up.
View Quote

Really...  Being treated like a thief every time you walk through a particular set of doors and not being legally or contractually obligated to comply; and being dismayed about it makes me 'childish'?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#24]
LOL now the door greeters are getting Nazi references used against them
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish they'd get as worked up about the assholes running this country.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The right to keep me off their property? I am trying to exit the store and leave their property. So that doesn't even make any sense.

They can hire all the receipt checkers that they want, and I will still not show them shit. BTW, a lot of Walmart employees are on welfare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Costco and Walmart are two totally different things. There is a membership agreement at Costco that every member agrees to that states that they will be checking receipts at the door. No such agreement exists at Walmart. Once a customer at Walmart has paid for the goods, the items belong to the customer, and Walmart has no right to examine their receipt.

True... But they do have the right to keep you off of their property.

Just show the receipt to the person and be thankful WalMart hired the person and they are not on welfare (or part of the FSA)

The right to keep me off their property? I am trying to exit the store and leave their property. So that doesn't even make any sense.

They can hire all the receipt checkers that they want, and I will still not show them shit. BTW, a lot of Walmart employees are on welfare.

link?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Wallyworld is a fucking shithole. That is what you get treated like when you shop in a shithole.

Having said that, I will go there occasionally if they have something that is a good enough deal to put up with the shithole. I go in fully expecting to have a horrible experience though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#28]
You still shop at Walmart?

Personally, I'm done with them. They squeeze suppliers for the lowest price until they go out of business, then move on to the next. Yes, it's a free market and they're free to conduct business that way if they want, but I'm also free to not shop there. I'll pay extra to shop somewhere else and avoid the doorway Gestapo at the same time.

Good on you for bypassing the receipt Nazis, OP.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was going to go with something like "?? ??????? ?? ?????? ??????? ??? ?????????"...  But 'Nazi' just came out smoother.
'You may see my papers' aint coming across in translation to well...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Really...  Being treated like a thief every time you walk through a particular set of doors and not being legally or contractually obligated to comply; and being dismayed about it makes me 'childish'?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grow the fuck up.

Legally?  Contract? Dismayed?

They want to see your receipt, not your number tattoo.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#31]

in b4 people of walmart

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Give them time...  That's how that shit starts...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I was going to go with something like "?? ??????? ?? ?????? ??????? ??? ?????????"...  But 'Nazi' just came out smoother.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. At Wally World it just pisses me off.

We quit Costco, didn't care for it there either, but never made a stink since all they do is run a magic marker over the receipt.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#36]
The "big picture" is that Americans are being trained to submit. You're giving up your freedom and Our sovereignty one little bit at a time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

don't bother with them.  some people make a profession out of obedience.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#38]
We used to check every customers receipt at the store where I work. It was incredibly effective at catching errors and deterring theft. People being assholes to the checkers isn't what stopped it... The reasonable people calling in complaints are what got it stopped.

So if you want Walmart to stop, just go to the website and put in a complaint. Being a dick to the security guy isn't going to change anything.

Or just shop somewhere else.  That's what I do when a store pisses me off.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#39]
If I ever have to do battle against an army of elderly people, I can use this thread to determine who I should recruit...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Costco and Walmart are two totally different things. There is a membership agreement at Costco that every member agrees to that states that they will be checking receipts at the door. No such agreement exists at Walmart. Once a customer at Walmart has paid for the goods, the items belong to the customer, and Walmart has no right to examine their receipt.

True... But they do have the right to keep you off of their property.

Just show the receipt to the person and be thankful WalMart hired the person and they are not on welfare (or part of the FSA)

link?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2014/04/15/report-walmart-workers-cost-taxpayers-6-2-billion-in-public-assistance/
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Hahaha. I do not shop at Walmart. Doing so would only encourage more people to be supplemented by welfare. You get what you pay for. I spend my hard earned money at better places where there are better people. Walmart = stain on America. I wish Sam Walton were still here.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The "big picture" is that Americans are being trained to submit. You're giving up your freedom and Our sovereignty one little bit at a time.
View Quote

It always starts with something innocent.
"If you're not a criminal, you've got nothing to hide and nothing to fear."

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Out of all the things in life that require I exert my rights, that  demand I be left alone to conduct my personal life in the way I see fit,

a FUCKING receipt checker at some FUCKING store doesn't even get on my radar.

Who gives a FUCKING SHIT that you get your ass in a wad over this?

It's NOT government, It violates NO RIGHTS guaranteed by the constitution. IT'S A FUCKING NON-ISSUE UNLESS YOU MAKE IT ONE!

You have an issue with it?

JUST PUT THE FUCKING CRAP BACK, GET A REFUND, AND FUCKING SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE.

View Quote

Thanks for posting exactly what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

At Fry's Electronics they have receipt checkers.   The vast majority stop it's quick and virtually painless.   I tell them no thank you every time and it's a non-issue.

At Sam's club I show them my receipt as its what I signed up for.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:05:41 PM EDT
[#46]

If they are glancing at the receipt and saying 'thank you' with a smile, I'll stop most of the time. If they are doing a full audit and holding up a line of people, I ain't got time for that.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Freedom".

"Sovereignty"

"Submit"

"Big Picture"

At WALMART?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

At Fry's Electronics they have receipt checkers.   The vast majority stop it's quick and virtually painless.   I tell them no thank you every time and it's a non-issue.

At Sam's club I show them my receipt as its what I signed up for.

View Quote
The Frys ones are especially annoying.  I buy a new PC.  To get the memory, processor, and top of the line graphics card, I have to give someone a special receipt and they get it out of a cage at the checkout  register.  After all that, the guy at the door wants to check your receipt.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

The anger should be saved for the buttholes that shoplift and make stuff like this necessary.  Part of the cost of every item we buy is the built in loss from theft.

I get why it feels annoying.  Just saying the real buttholes are the thieves.

View Quote

Most of in store losses are from employee theft.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top