Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:46:00 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Indoor plumbing is ok, but forcing us to go to city sewage from our tried and true septic tank is going to be a PIA.  I just know who is going to have to do the hookup.  

Tell me about it.  I'm about to get bent to the tune of $30K to get that shit at my place.  I like the taste of well water.  I don't want city water.  My inlaws tap water tastes like drinking from a goddamn pool.  No thanks!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:06:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Been a city rat almost all my life, I love it. Only time I didn't was in high school and I lived in the metropolis of Dillsburg, PA and the only thing that made that cool was, I lived like 2 miles from the state game lands.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:08:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Well shit ya'll don't hate us because we don't know the proper way to fuck sheep, now!

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:14:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This girls a fukkin troll, he claims heritage of Kentucky....it's awful weak.

He's probably from EAST Kentucky.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:16:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:17:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
City dwellers really piss me the fuck off.

I have been spending time in a large metro area and the people here, for the most part; act like they themselves are the only people on earth.

Man I can't wait to be home.

Has this country boy just had enough of big city life or what?

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

We're in a hurry motherfu@#er, get out of our way!

We don't have time to cruze around at 15mph and wave at everyone in an intersection.

That was funny.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:20:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, we city folks do have a civiliazation to build and manage.

Not everyone can pass days chasing junebugs and eating moonpies.

Dammit where's my delivery Sushi? He's three minutes late!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#8]
If you city folk would live out in the country for awhile you might grasp an understanding of what you are missing. I was working in a very small town this summer and a week after i started people were buying me beers at the bar, when my car broke down i had to choose which of the many offers for a garage and tools i was going to take. That is what i like about country life. Everyone is not afraid you might stab them the first chance you get.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Country Folks = still have manners

City Folks = still conceited and rude

In the city, we consider the use of such broad, insulting generalizations to be RUDE and the epitome of poor MANNERS.

When used as a means to praise yourself and bring down others (as you have just done), we consider such behavior to be CONCEITED, too.

But then some folks just don't know any better.

They'll always be our burden to bear.
Noblesse oblige.

I think you may have missed the last part:

"And not everyone living in a city is "City Folks", but I know what you mean."

And I should have added that, Not all people living in the country are "Country Folks"

Didn't mean to offend.

Not offended in the least, country cousin.
Just sparring nothing serious.

Country folk don't spar, they feud.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Country livin'...

Sounds like the blissful innocence of being a child.
Popcicles and lemonade and smiles.

That's why we city folk vacation out there.
It's a nice place to take a break from running things.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:36:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I have been spending time in a large metro area and the people here, for the most part; act like they themselves are the only people on earth.

Yeah ... well when you "country boys" are so slow ,you do get pushed to the side !!!
WAKE UP !!!! I hate slow people ...

AND GUESS WHAT ???, I'M FROM NEW YORK !!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It's true!! Most people from Kommiefornia are dimwitted liberal assholes!

Fuck off

This must be that southern hospitality I keep hearing about.  LOL
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah ... well when you "country boys" are so slow ,you do get pushed to the side !!!

It's attitudes like this that make us slow just for spite.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:46:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On spite !!!, please you guys know NO other way to live !!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have no idea where I'm from or how I grew up.

You sir just like some of your fellow city folks just think you know it all.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have no idea where I'm from or how I grew up.

You sir just like some of your fellow city folks just think you know it all.

You're right !!! , I can ONLY GO BYE WHAT YOU WROTE !!! Don't take it personal ...
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just hate society.  As a percentage there are just as many dumb fucking tards in the country as there are in the city.

Not everyone who lives in a city is an idiot. There are quite a number of DC refugees around who moved here specifically to escape the nonsense that they see in the DC area. God bless them. They know a good thing when they see it.

don't make me move down there and drive up your property values, hayseed
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:06:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Everyone is not afraid you might stab them the first chance you get.

Actually, IMO people from the country have a tendency to significantly overestimate their odds of being victimized by crime, whereas city people do the opposite. Posts on afrcom clearly illustrate this.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#19]
When you're brought up in the fast paced life of the city, going to the country makes you feel like everything is in slow motion, and vice versa.  

I have lived in the country my whole life and couldn't stand living anywhere near a metro area.  Not because it's bad, but because it's not what I'm accustomed to.   I drive the speed limit or maybe a little under where ever I go and I wave to everyone I see from my vehicle for 3 to 4 miles in either direction from my home, because I know them all personally.  There aren't any immobile vehicles residing in my front yard, but I do have an unusually oversized garage (same square footage as the first floor of my house)that I work on a lot of my own and other peoples vehicles.  I've never had anyone else change my oil or do any other kind of vehicle work that didn't envolve computer diagnostics.  

For a living though, I work in downtown Charleston, WV (which I figure I caused a few of you to laugh when I said Charleston and downtown in the same sentence... it's our largest city in WV, but wouldn't compare to some of the smallest cities elsewhere) where I drive about 18 miles to work as a computer tech for our state's .gov.  I have a well for water, a septic tank and leach bed for sewer, satelite TV (no cable offered where I live), etc... as a matter of fact, the only utilities offered within several miles of my house are electricity and telephone.  

Wow, I kinda got sidetracked there, but anyhow... what I'm getting at is that it's just what you're used to.  Neither one is either right or wrong, just different.  I'm glad our country is diverse.  Would be a much more boring place if everybody lived and thought the same.

ETA: Everybody makes fun of country folks until their car breaks down!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Country livin'...

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Country livin'...

So, hows your blood pressure Caesar?  Running things.  Pfft.

Very few people actually run things, most people in the city are run by a select few.  Everybody does what they have to do.  

I find I get more enjoyment or "utility" from rural life than urban life.  More freedom.  I can shoot up to 600yds in my back yard, hunt, fish, uncap the headers on my race car if I get the urge.  Whatever I want, I am not hurting anybody and nobody complains.  I can still work in engineering, marketing, or whatever, but I live in the country.  

However, on second thought, I don't reccomend it.  It is a terrible place to live.  There are no shopping malls, people drive slow, your neighbors talk to you alot, there is gossip, and they are usually not as formally educated as city folk.  Nobody plows your road in blizzards, people regularly hit your mailbox, illegals toss piles of beer cans on your road, and the police & fire departments won't be able to help you.  It is terrible, there are snakes, wild animals, no city water, the power goes out alot, the phones go out alot, internet service is terrible... Need I go on?  
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What I can't stand are the soccer moms and retirees who spend their largely idle time trying to foul up the place I live.
It is getting worse too.  It is putting a hurt on my job trying to buy timber when there are so many city folk who for some reason think you are destroying the earth when you cut a fricken tree.

TREE MURDERER! You should be jailed!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Country livin'...

So, hows your blood pressure Caesar?  Running things.  Pfft.

Very few people actually run things, most people in the city are run by a select few.  Everybody does what they have to do.  

I find I get more enjoyment or "utility" from rural life than urban life.  More freedom.  I can shoot up to 600yds in my back yard, hunt, fish, uncap the headers on my race car if I get the urge.  Whatever I want, I am not hurting anybody and nobody complains.  I can still work in engineering, marketing, or whatever, but I live in the country.  

However, on second thought, I don't reccomend it.  It is a terrible place to live.  There are no shopping malls, people drive slow, your neighbors talk to you alot, there is gossip, and they are usually not as formally educated as city folk.  Nobody plows your road in blizzards, people regularly hit your mailbox, illegals toss piles of beer cans on your road, and the police & fire departments won't be able to help you.  It is terrible, there are snakes, wild animals, no city water, the power goes out alot, the phones go out alot, internet service is terrible... Need I go on?  

Yes brother go on!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#26]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Indoor plumbing is ok, but forcing us to go to city sewage from our tried and true septic tank is going to be a PIA.  I just know who is going to have to do the hookup.  

Tell me about it.  I'm about to get bent to the tune of $30K to get that shit at my place.  I like the taste of well water.  I don't want city water.  My inlaws tap water tastes like drinking from a goddamn pool.  No thanks!

And my parents are just dying to get public water in their neighborhood.  They honestly can't wait. There is the issue of possible cost, but with a trailer park tapped into their water table, they're willing to pay it. Their well water has so much iron in it that when you wash clothes in it they turn bright orange (the water, however, is clear).

35 yrs ago, when they moved ther, the water was drinkable with ion exchange, but now it costs them almost $200/mo for iron removal, and the water table is now contaminated with sulfur, the does not come out with the ion exchange system and makes the wated near undrinkable from the tap.  They installed a $500 RO system ~10 years ago just so they could have decent drinking water.  Two years ago, during a dry spell, the well ran dry and they had NO water (again, thanks to the trailer park)!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:08:49 AM EDT
[#27]
I love the suburbs.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Country livin'...

So, hows your blood pressure Caesar?  
Like that of a 17 year old track star, thanks.

Some folks in the city work for massive developement corporations...

However, on second thought, I don't reccomend it.  It is a terrible place to live.  There are no shopping malls...
Oh, you will. Someone in a city will decide you need one.
It will be built, and the only affect it will have on City Guy will be a nice bonus.

...people drive slow...
Sounds like you all need a freeway. City Guy will help.

Need I go on?  

No.
We'll send some folks out there shortly to help you.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#29]
On a more somber note, if you wish to see what a city is really about, come to Brooklyn tommorrow and Saturday.

Two Marines from our Battalion were killed the other day in Fallujah.

There will be THOUSANDS in attendance at the funerals. Cops, Troopers, Firefighters, Marines, and other sympathetic mourners.
Big, Giant, Irish Catholic Funerals.
City style.

There are more of us here, so there are more of us close by that care for and support the families.

City.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
On a more somber note, if you wish to see what a city is really about, come to Brooklyn tommorrow and Saturday.

There will be THOUSANDS in attendance at the funerals. Cops, Troopers, Firefighters, Marines, and other sympathetic mourners.
City style.

There are more of us here, so there are more of us close by that care for and support the families.

City.

Agreed. Cities are cool. Woo hoo. Go cities. Rah rah, sis boom bah.

We're all stinky here in the country, and we're the product of generations of inbreeding. Everbody is poor and we're all racist. It's terrible here. Stay away. Don't come here. Your city is much better. Trust me on this. Come to think of it, the ENTIRE state of Ohio is this way. Stay in New York. There is nothing to see here. Go about your business.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

City style.

City.

Agreed. Cities are cool. Woo hoo. Go cities. Rah rah, sis boom bah.

We're all stinky here in the country, and we're the product of generations of inbreeding. Everbody is poor and we're all racist. It's terrible here. Stay away. Don't come here. Your city is much better. Trust me on this. Come to think of it, the ENTIRE state of Ohio is this way. Stay in New York. There is nothing to see here. Go about your business.

I gotta say, I find your response to my post to be completely inappropriate.
Sure, the other posts were all about friendly ball-busting, but this one -I THOUGHT- would convey a more serious note.

Ridiculing a post about funerals for Marines?
Wow.
Pretty low class.
I doubt it is a reflection of the 'country people', probably just YOU.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#32]
You might be a city slicker if the only thing you ever butchered is a piano recital.

You might be city slicker if Sears sells the biggest tractor you will ever need.

As far as the original post -

Everyone from cabin to penthouse can claim blame for entitlements.  Entitlements encompass more than just direct cash payment to welfare queens with brood hordes, they pay for rural and city fire departments, roads, and the largest portion of any public works project.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#33]
I hate the fuking city with a passion.  I was born and raised on a grain farm.  My area is experiencing urban sprawl at an ungodly rate.  Theese city fuks move up here and buy a house on an acre and think they own the entire world.  They want city water, they want sewer, they want this they want that...blah blah blah  most think that the surrounding area should cater to them and change for their wants and needs.  They can have a horse on their one acre and it is an animal of beauty.  But the cattle farm that they moved next to is a vile place with hideous creatures that should be outlawed.  The city fuks are at every singe township meeting demanding that the cattle farm that has been there for a hundred years needs to be shut down.

They DEMAND, not ask but, DEMAND that they have everything their way.

I can throw lound obnoxious parties all hours of the night and no cops ever get called and no neibhors ever get offended.

I can step out my back door onto my back porch and SAFELY shoot my Barrett any hour of the day or night without the CIA, ATF, showing up with CNN to broadcast a terrorist attack.

I can mow my yard naked and no one would ever notice.   Try doing any of that in the city.

and for the reccord Im not a po dunk redneck, I dont have a mullett, I have a full set of teeth, and ive never fuked a sheep or a cousin. and I dont drive slow

My girlfriend on the otherhand lives in Cincinatti and I dread everytime I have to go there. She always brags about how close everything is.  It still takes half a fukin hour with traffic to get to the Walgreens thats only a mile up the road. There is a drive thru literally 700 yards from her condo complex and on a busy friday afternoon it takes every bit of 20 minutes to go there and back becase traffic is so bad.  Now how the fuk is any of that convienient??
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Well, we city folks do have a civiliazation to build and manage.

Not everyone can pass days chasing junebugs and eating moonpies.

Dammit where's my delivery Sushi? He's three minutes late!

Sometimes its nice to be able to chase june bugs without running into a parking meter!  As for moon pies, have you ever tried one with a Pepsi?  Man, that's living!

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

and for the reccord Im not a po dunk redneck, I dont have a mullett, I have a full set of teeth, and ive never fuked a sheep or a cousin. and I dont drive slow

That's what they all say!!  

Ohio - where men are men, and sheep are dirty lying whores!

Actually, I myself really like suburbia.  I like the conveniences of the city, and not having to rely on well-water, septic tanks, propane, etc - but I DO NOT want to live in a congested downtown kind of "urban" area.   In the far suburbs where I live, I've got grocery stores, Home Depots, banks, walgreens, gas stations, etc. - all literally within 5 minutes of my house, but I can ride my bike from my house and be among horse-farms, state parks and empty rural rounds in no time.  (Plus, in really rural areas, you are often much farther from emergency medical centers, in the rare instance that you need them)

I've lived in very big cities and I've lived in very rural areas - and while there are advantages to either, I prefer neither.  The in-between is where I am at.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#36]
height=8

Nope. I grew up in S.F. Lived there till I was 19. Then SoCal. Now Dallas. Also lived briefly in New Orleans, and stationed in Orlando and Meridien MS(now this is a small town). Have traveled to Seattle, Richmond, VA, NYC, D.C., Austin, Houston, Palm Beach, Tokyo Japan, Manila Phillipines.

I LOOOVVVEEEEE city life. If given the choice I would have a 3bdrm condo in a high rise overlooking dntn. When I live in S.F., I loved being able to get up at 2AM and go out and the city is alive. Club, bars, restaurants. It was awesome. Same with NYC. Authentic ethnic cusine. Seemingly unlimited choices for dining, entertainment and shopping.

I would die of boredom living in a small town. Hell I think in comparison to where I grew up, Dallas is a smalltown. I laugh my ass off when I hear people around here talk about "traffic" These people do not have a clue how good they have it. Also people bitching about the rising cost of housing....HAH!!!

+1 to that.

I live three blocks from Wrigley Field.  If I look out my front windows, I can see the lights during the game - if the windows are open, I can hear them loosing too higan.
I like it down here, like it was said above, there is always something going on.  

Like anything else, there are things down here that I don't like - crime, noise, gun laws, etc - but I've learned to deal with it.

I've been out to the small towns and I like it there too - It was mentioned in this thread somewhere that people wave to you and say hi - that's the first thing I noticed.  And people are friendly, which is just great.  

And for those of you who think that only 'back woods hicks' live in the country, some of the most intelligent people I know live in towns with a population of less that 5000.  Then again, some of them live here too.

Well, the Cubs are taking the field soon, gotta watch the game.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Blah blah blah...

No.
We'll send some folks out there shortly to help you.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
When you're brought up in the fast paced life of the city, going to the country makes you feel like everything is in slow motion, and vice versa.  

I have lived in the country my whole life and couldn't stand living anywhere near a metro area.  Not because it's bad, but because it's not what I'm accustomed to.   I drive the speed limit or maybe a little under where ever I go and I wave to everyone I see from my vehicle for 3 to 4 miles in either direction from my home, because I know them all personally.  There aren't any immobile vehicles residing in my front yard, but I do have an unusually oversized garage (same square footage as the first floor of my house)that I work on a lot of my own and other peoples vehicles.  I've never had anyone else change my oil or do any other kind of vehicle work that didn't envolve computer diagnostics.  

For a living though, I work in downtown Charleston, WV (which I figure I caused a few of you to laugh when I said Charleston and downtown in the same sentence... it's our largest city in WV, but wouldn't compare to some of the smallest cities elsewhere) where I drive about 18 miles to work as a computer tech for our state's .gov.  I have a well for water, a septic tank and leach bed for sewer, satelite TV (no cable offered where I live), etc... as a matter of fact, the only utilities offered within several miles of my house are electricity and telephone.  

Wow, I kinda got sidetracked there, but anyhow... what I'm getting at is that it's just what you're used to.  Neither one is either right or wrong, just different.  I'm glad our country is diverse.  Would be a much more boring place if everybody lived and thought the same.

ETA: Everybody makes fun of country folks until their car breaks down!

I like Charleston a lot. I was born there. Wouldn't mind moving back someday.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Sure, the other posts were all about friendly ball-busting, but this one -I THOUGHT- would convey a more serious note.

Wow.
Pretty low class.

City folk. Always getting offended.

Low class is justifying your position by making an emotional appeal to a patriotic audience, by using a Marine funeral as a cheap prop that somehow grants your idiotic position immunity from criticism. I'm not ridiculing a Marine funeral. I'm ridiculing you.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.
Pretty low class.

By scum who ridicule a marine's funeral? Yes.
Always

Low class is justifying your position by making an emotional appeal to a patriotic audience, by using a Marine funeral as a cheap prop that somehow grants your idiotic position immunity from criticism. I'm not ridiculing a Marine funeral. I'm ridiculing you.

What position?
We are having a little fun here, not actually debating the merits of city vs. country living.

I thought I'd interject with an anecdote that highlights our commonality, and perhaps tones things down.
I mentioned something that made being in a city special.
If you think that I was using that as a means to "support an argument", you are dead wrong.
I will be standing in uniform tommorrow at the funerals of two of my good friends and bothers in arms. And you actually suggest that I am using this to prove a point in this pointless argument? ...that IN CASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE is just friendly ball breaking?

What "idiotic position" did I take?
That I like "delivery sushi"?
That we "rule the world" from the city?
Are you kidding? You believe these were serious positions that I needed to defend?

I think you are an ass.
Your comments are inappropriate and low class.

A reflection of you and who you are.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what they all say!!  

Ohio - where men are men, and sheep are dirty lying whores!

Actually, I myself really like suburbia.  I like the conveniences of the city, and not having to rely on well-water, septic tanks, propane, etc - but I DO NOT want to live in a congested downtown kind of "urban" area.   In the far suburbs where I live, I've got grocery stores, Home Depots, banks, walgreens, gas stations, etc. - all literally within 5 minutes of my house, but I can ride my bike from my house and be among horse-farms, state parks and empty rural rounds in no time.  (Plus, in really rural areas, you are often much farther from emergency medical centers, in the rare instance that you need them)

I've lived in very big cities and I've lived in very rural areas - and while there are advantages to either, I prefer neither.  The in-between is where I am at.  

I feel the same way. I grew up in a rural area.  Went to college (Ima ed-u-mah-kate) in a large city (for my state).  My senior year of college I moved to a town of about 4000 which was 25-30minutes from school. I loved it.  Was close enough to got to town without an excessively long drive, but was still in a small town. Ideally, I want to get a farmhouse or build a home on some land about 20-30 minutes from where I was so I have the buffer zone.  Kinda the best of both worlds. Being reasonably close to the city and its options, but also having the freedom and benefits of a rural area.  

YMMV and 'to each his own'
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.
Pretty low class.

What position?
We are having a little fun here, not actually debating the merits of city vs. country living.

I thought I'd interject with an anecdote that highlights our commonality, and perhaps tones things down. If you think that I was using that as a means to "support an argument", you are dead wrong.
I will be standing in uniform tommorrow at the funerals of two of my good friends and bothers in arms. And you actually suggest that I am using this to prove a point in this pointless argument? ...that IN CASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE is just friendly ball breaking?

I think you are an ass.

Are you kidding? You believe these were serious positions that I needed to defend?

You suck.

Oh for crying out loud, we're getting riled up over nothing. I'm busting your balls. I just kick harder.

Look dude, I made a smart-ass comment that distilled, means "Us country folk suck. City people stay home". You're getting your panties in a wad becasue I said this in reply to a post of yours that mentined a Marine funeral. At the end of your post, you said:

City.

If you're going to tell me that was was part of a serious post, then I'm going to give you serious shit over it. That's what I'm responding to, not your obvious jokes about sushi, ruling the world, etc.

You are essentially saying that your way of life is better, because families of fallen soldiers have more people at their funerals to care for an support them. That's pretty damn lame, and you don't get a free pass because you mention Marines. If you put "City" at the and of your post as a funny joke, then fine. But if you're allowed to joke about it, so am I.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I hate the fuking city with a passion.
<snip>
My girlfriend on the otherhand lives in Cincinatti and I dread everytime I have to go there.

People from *real* cities hate going to Cincinatti too.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
... As for moon pies, have you ever tried one with a Pepsi RC COLA ?  Man, that's living!

Fixed it for you.

(And you call yourself "country"...  J/K, of course.)
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Gentlemen, Gentlemen,   let us all agree that folk - be they city folk or country folk - are idiots.

But country folk are just ever so slightly more idiotic than city folk  

Exhibit 1: The Mullet
piggydidit.com/blog/mullet.jpg

I up your countryfolk one with a city folk one.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.
Pretty low class.

What position?

I thought I'd interject with an anecdote that highlights our commonality, and perhaps tones things down. If you think that I was using that as a means to "support an argument", you are dead wrong.

I think you are an ass.

You suck.

Oh for crying out loud, we're getting riled up over nothing. I'm busting your balls. I just kick harder.
But you're only kicking yourself.
I'm fine.

You're the one who now seems a bit ragged.

Look dude, I made a smart-ass comment that distilled, means "Us country folk suck. City people stay home". You're getting your panties in a wad becasue I said this in reply to a post of yours that mentined a Marine funeral. At the end of your post, you said:

City.

If you're going to tell me that was was part of a serious post, then I'm going to give you serious shit over it. That's what I'm responding to, not your obvious jokes about sushi, ruling the world, etc.

You are essentially saying that your way of life is better, because families of fallen soldiers have more people at their funerals to care for an support them.
Not better. I am simply stating that there is something good about having so many people nearby, and that was an example. Like stating that the breezes smell sweet in the woods. Not an attack on city life.

A pretty undeniable example.
You somehow read that as an ATTACK on country folk?
And you think I'm sensitive? Wow.

That's pretty damn lame, and you don't get a free pass because you mention Marines. If you put "City" at the and of your post as a funny joke, then fine. But if you're allowed to joke about it, so am I.

No, you are "allowed" to joke about anything you want.
Even Marine funerals.
That's why this is a great country.
But I'm allowed to consider your remarks to be low class.
In the city, as many of you have stated, we are surrounded by the dregs of society.
We're up to our arm pits in "low class".
So when I see it, I can recognize it.

Bingo.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
... I have been spending time in a large metro area and the people here, for the most part; act like they themselves are the only people on earth.

Man I can't wait to be home.  Has this country boy just had enough of big city life or what?...

Yep, that's probably it.  I was born & raised in the city, now live way out in the sticks (entirely by choice).  I can take a city in doses (work in the city & commute) but I wouldn't live anywhere else than right where I am.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

There are at least two decent ones out there.Within the last month both of my daughters who work in our states' largest city had their cars scraped in parking lots. BOTH of the other drivers left notes with contact information. Pretty decent.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gentlemen, Gentlemen,   let us all agree that folk - be they city folk or country folk - are idiots.

But country folk are just ever so slightly more idiotic than city folk  

Exhibit 1: The Mullet
piggydidit.com/blog/mullet.jpg

I up your countryfolk one with a city folk one.

i96.photobucket.com/albums/l194/walesatx/86ef5fa4.jpg

That goat looks very southern.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

[/quote

Yeah big time when
I go into NYC there all arogant... you just need to ignore them... Example dont say hello dont hold door open for them dont look at them just act like a total jerk to them... thats how they like to be treated... I think here in NYC there all afraid that you are gonna rob them...  Everyone in the city is independent and strictly keep to themselves...  Nobody can be botherd with anyone elses life...  They try to act like real tough asses...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top