Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#1]
So, to complete the analogy (I know analogies are usually weak arguments, but I rather like this one), what we have is:

The cows. The cows really don't give a shit about their rights, as long as they and their ilk can do what they want. They feel bad about the pigs and chickens. But they ain't gonna put their ass on the line. Motherfucker might start wanting steak for dinner.

The chickens: They give a shit about their rights, but they're looking at the big picture. Losing some shit now ain't gonna hurt too bad. Maybe things will get better later. Sure the pigs gotta suffer, but he ain't looking for fried chicken for lunch or nothing.

The pigs: They ain't happy about shit. They're about to get fucked RIGHT NOW. Either they bite the fuck out the farmer, or it's bacon for them. So they get together, and fight, and bite the fuck out the farmer. Maybe all of them don't fight, but some do.

Maybe, the pigs fight and bite the fuck out the farmer, but he still gets the pig and eats him.

Tomorrow, you think the farmers gonna feel like having ham and eggs? Or you think he's gonna have steak and eggs? 'Cause them cows sure didn't seem to notice what the fuck happened here today.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#2]
President Bush.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
President Bush.
View Quote

Thought I heard a chicken.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]
being a 'single issue voter' is irresponsible, imho...
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I will vote for GWB. I will also vote GOP (all my GOP reps/senators at state and fed level are progun)for my state delegates, senators, and House reps. No Senate seats are open in VA next year. My point is that we need to not just focus on the presidency, but, also House, Senate, and local offices. A progun exec office does us no good without a comporable progun legislature. My greatest hope in 2004 is that the GOP can take a super majority in Senate that will be able to break the damn filibusters on Judicial nominees. We need to get these pro-gun judges in there. There is simply too much at stake if certain cases make it the Appelate or Supreme courts and are argued in front of "unfriendly" judges.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
President Bush.
View Quote

View Quote

You'd better go follow it across the road then.  Maybe you'll be interesting on that side.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Cthulu

Im tired of voting for a lesser evil [;D]

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
President Bush.
View Quote

View Quote

You'd better go follow it across the road then.  Maybe you'll be interesting on that side.
View Quote

At least I'd be interesting somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
President Bush.
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

That's right, keep your chin up.  There's always hope.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#10]
OK! Bushy it is then! I guess I am concerned for the safety of my family at this point in time and I feel that my vote counts more than ever now. Almost like the decision to jump off the bridge if everyone else does it. I am concerned but cautious and I need my guns in order to protect that which is dear to me, family, freinds, country and my freedom that so many have paid with blood for.

To the vets here, Thank you for giving me the privilege to live free.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#11]
While I know in my heart that the Hun is right, lets see what the GWB administration has given us:

1) A promise to sign a renewal of the AWB infringing on the Second Amendment.

2) The McCain/Feingold Campaign Finance Reform law that shreds the First Amendment.

3) The PATRIOT Act that just might violate the Fourth and Fifth Amendments.

4) A majority in both the House and Senate that can't seem to get a conservative judicial appointment through.

I wonder if a Dem in the White House and the House and Senate firmly in Republican hands could have done worse.  You have got to admit, if I'd have told you four years ago that these things would have happened in a Bush White House you'd have called me crazy.

As far as my vote goes, I can only say that if the AWB doesn't go away I am going to have a hard time pulling the lever for Bush (but probably will considering what an immediate threat to liberty the democrat party is.)  Plus I am a soldier who at 31 years old, with a family, enlisted in the Army right after Sept 11.  I firmly believe that the war on international terrorism is the most important issue facing our civilization today.  The second is the deliterious effect of liberalism on the domestic front.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
President Bush.
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Small consolation.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#13]
My vote will go to G.W.Bush
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
FINALLY! some respect from the team! I will vote Bush due to loyalty to the party! Just wanted to see who and why some people would vote the other way!
View Quote

The party has no loyalty to the issues and thus I have no loyalty to the party.  If Bush does not support the expiration I will vote Constitution.  If the AWB gets extended I will never vote Repub again.  And yes I have written letters to each person representing me stating this.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#15]
President George W. Bush.  No questions.  No chicken.  

If you make this a single issue decision, please remember WHO drafted this bill and WHAT happened the next election cycle.  In case you don't remember, this was the START of Newton Gingrich's campaign to shift to the right.

Unless you vote to END the bloated political careers of the politicians bent on legislating from feelings instead of facts, minor differences of the Executive Office are not going to make a red cvnt hair's difference.

President Bush was the right choice in retrospect to strategically stem the tide of Islamofascism that started in 1978.  Yes, 1978.  And you who were alive then remember why James Earl Carter was elected, right? Because you were a single issue voter who was bent of ridding the Nation of its guilt from Richard Milhouse Nixon.

Prepare for tomorrow, don't just act for today.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you make this a single issue decision, please remember WHO drafted this bill and WHAT happened the next election cycle.  In case you don't remember, this was the START of Newton Gingrich's campaign to shift to the right.

Unless you vote to END the bloated political careers of the politicians bent on legislating from feelings instead of facts, minor differences of the Executive Office are not going to make a red cvnt hair's difference.

President Bush was the right choice in retrospect to strategically stem the tide of Islamofascism that started in 1978.  Yes, 1978.  And you who were alive then remember why James Earl Carter was elected, right? Because you were a single issue voter who was bent of ridding the Nation of its guilt from Richard Milhouse Nixon.

View Quote

don't you mean 1976?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#18]

I'm voting for Howard Dean.

[size=1](in the primaries)[/size=1]

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, I voted for Jimmy because I was tired of having ground zero associated with where I lived and worked.

CW
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#20]
[IMG]http://www.georgewbush.com/images/downloads/GWB_logo_350.gif[/IMG]

Quoted:
[IMG]http://www.georgewbush.com/images/downloads/GWB_logo_350.gif[/IMG]
View Quote

[size=5][green]good man dave, me too![/green] [/size=5]

[img]http://www.georgewbush.com/images/downloads/GWB_logo_350.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#21]
I will vote for Bush (and I secretly look down on those who won't).
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:35:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Right now I don't see myself voting for anybody other than G.W.

I have never seen a Democratic candidate running for Pres. that I would vote for. I don't forsee that changing in the near future, either.

And since Pres. Reagan I've been voting Repub. because of potential Supreme Court nominations rather than the strength of the Presidential canidate. I'm sure this next election will continue that trend.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Like somebody already said, don't go cut your dick off just because you can't get some pussy tonight.  

Bush isn't as progun as I'd like, but Dean isn't any better.  Getting conservative judges into the Supreme Court is more important for the 2nd amendment than a flash hider or new hi-cap mags.  

Just cut your losses and vote for the lesser evil.  Don't try to make a statement with your vote.  Make your statement with some lead when the time comes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:10:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
President Bush.
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Small consolation.
View Quote

Oh well, I tried.  Go ahead and be depressed then.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:13:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It will pretty much come down to Sept of 04.
View Quote

So, if the AWB is renewed, are you saying you will vote for a Dem? Just asking-

If that's the case, that's not a good idea - That may result in a TOTAL weapons Ban, that's what the Dems really want.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:16:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You have to ask yourself this question:

Is it more important for the Republic to keep a Democrat such as [b]Howard Moe Curly Dean[/b] out of the White House, or for the citizens to have a bayonet lug or a folding stock on their favorite so-called 'assault weapon'?

After almost [b]10 years[/b] under the Clinton- era 'Assault Weapon Ban', it amazes me how many assault weapons there still are, and how well the gun manufacturers and the citizens have circumvented the ban.

I would gladly KEEP the ban in place, if I knew as a certainty that there was never, ever going to be any more attempts to ban weapons or otherwise interfere with the RKBA!

But, alas, there can be no such certainty so long as there is an organized Democrat Party that seeks to disarm us.

So, I will vote for George W. Bush no matter what happens to the AWB renewal or sunsetting.  

I only hope that Tom DeLay (R-TX) manages to keep his promise to us that the renewal bill will never see the light of day!

The Democrats don't sound too pumped up about gun control nowadays, either, do they? [:D]

Eric The(Rational)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:19:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Although not quite as old as Railman, I too remember all the presidents from JFK. I agree with everything he said except for Carter, [red]who was my hero for fighting and winning (not under his term of office) the Cold War[/red]. GWB is the real deal and hopefully we can find somebody like minded in 2008.
View Quote

[>:/]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#28]
i will be voting for Sharpton in the SC primaries [:D]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Let me tell you a little story about ham and eggs.

A farmer walks out into the yard one day, and loudly proclaims, "I think I'll have ham and eggs for breakfast."

Now, the pigs and the chickens all get very wide eyed upon hearing this.

The difference is, the chickens are concerned, but the pigs are INVOLVED.
View Quote

Noooooo.  Tsk tsk.  The chickens are involved, but the pig is [b][red]COMMITED[/red][/b].
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top