Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, and the last vehicle accident I witnessed helped with, Red intrepid ran a red light over the speed limit probably, and hit a ford explorer almost head on turning left  on the green arrow. Boom!

Grand ma in the explorer has a bruise across her eyes from her glasses and airbag, and a strap burn on her sholder. She sat in her truck till the paramedics arrived.

Non english speakin hispanic  male never left the car either, but that is because he was crammed under the stering wheel. When his air bag deployed the only place for his unseatbelted ass to slide was under the dash. His legs had folded at the shins and femur and his foot was 180% the wrong way. He screamed  for people to pull him out, because he thought the smoke from his airbag was a fire. I stopped two guys from trying telling them that he might bleed to death if his legs were straightened.
The paramedics got there quick and had to cut him out of his car. I gave my witness statement and we got out of there.

It will save you so much pain..... just buckle up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't like the .gov telling me what I can and can't do in my own car.  I don't wear my seatbelt because I don't want to.

Your funeral

Or wheelchair.  I understand disagreement with the law, but do yourself a favor and strap in.  A seatbelt helped me in an overturned vehilce accident 15 years ago.  I can think of no convincing argument against them.  Again, I don't want to legislate behavior like this.

btw- Sad, sad stories about the first responders.  What a shame.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ok, and the last vehicle accident I witnessed helped with, Red intrepid ran a red light over the speed limit probably, and hit a ford explorer almost head on turning left  on the green arrow. Boom!

Grand ma in the explorer has a bruise across her eyes from her glasses and airbag, and a strap burn on her sholder. She sat in her truck till the paramedics arrived.

Non english speakin hispanic  male never left the car either, but that is because he was crammed under the stering wheel. When his air bag deployed the only place for his unseatbelted ass to slide was under the dash. His legs had folded at the shins and femur and his foot was 180% the wrong way. He screamed  for people to pull him out, because he thought the smoke from his airbag was a fire. I stopped two guys from trying telling them that he might bleed to death if his legs were straightened.
The paramedics got there quick and had to cut him out of his car. I gave my witness statement and we got out of there.

It will save you so much pain..... just buckle up.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top