Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 6:10:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Why is Governor Blackface still Governor?
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 6:17:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will not comply. Send bachelors. Fuck the gov.
View Quote
It's time to take the war to them. Otherwise, what good is an AR buried in your backyard until you die?
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 6:24:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm totally ready to send the VCDL some Green Love if it'll help you guys out but, to quote the late, great Albert Popwell....("I Gots To know") are they Legit?
View Quote
VCDL is one of, if not "the" best state pro-2A orgs out there.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 6:28:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The NRA will save you guys. Hold tight.
View Quote
I heard they were moving their headquarters to Tyson’s
to save time and money on personal errands
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 6:31:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Good luck, guys

It sucks to be us.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 6:33:02 AM EDT
[#6]
On my way to Richmond now.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I’m trying to drum up some fucks to give, but too many snide assholes from VA told me to leave NY for a free state back in the day...

You guys are welcome to move to NY!

OK, got it out of my system. I’ll do what I can in calling to put some pressure on.

Type a list of reps and their zip codes who are vulnerable to some Astro-turfing and I’ll generate a VA google voice number and start calling.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Death to tyrants??
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 6:44:23 AM EDT
[#9]
If gun owners wait for a line in the sand from the federal government it will be too late, state governments are in the process of taking away gun owner's rights state by state. Will not comply will be the best course of inaction for starters.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 6:49:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Email sent.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sadly this will be coming to the rest of America...one state at a time.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 6:57:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Call reps and donate to the VCDL NOW!
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:02:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Fuck Blackface Ralph.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:02:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I can't speak for the transplants that have moved here but I don't know of a single native Virginian gun owner that would comply.

They don't get all bombastic about it, most just shake their heads and say nope, not happening.

I'll say this, I hope folks have got all their "go-to" stuff squared away with no 4473 attached to their name.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:06:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fucking Democrats coming in from DC and MD are going to turn the state into DC and MD. I need to go back home to AZ.
View Quote
it's not just the Democrats this time...
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:09:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Good luck, wonder if the NRA will do anything? most likely nothing
View Quote
Maybe not with all the pressure by Bloomberg to collapse them with the help of useful idiots on the 2A community.

I can tell you one thing...don't count on GOA to do jack shit except collect more membership dues.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Republican Senator Tommy Norment has betrayed gun owners by introducing two gun-control bills:

SB 4013 treats all local government buildings like a courthouse, banning firearms for everyone but law enforcement, judges, magistrates, and several other specific individuals while in conduct of official business.  (Not even an exemption for CHP holders.)

SB 4020 increases the waiting time to apply for a CHP from three years to ten years for someone convicted of certain misdemeanors, including brandishing.   Ten years is an unreasonable length of time to wait and is a solution looking for a problem.

All of us, whether you are in his district or not, need to send a message to Senator Normant, as he is in the Republican leadership of the Senate.  Feel free to use the suggested message as is, personalize the suggested message, or write your own message from scratch.  Either way, be polite, but firm.

Email address: [email protected]

[email protected]
Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 6205
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Phone: 757.259.7810
Toll Free: 800.698.2027
Fax: 757.259.7812

Suggested Subject:  More gun-control is NOT acceptable, withdraw SB 4013 and SB 4020!

Suggested message:

Gun owners do not need someone in the leadership of the Republican Party joining hands with Governor Northam and Michael Bloomberg to strip away our natural right of self-defense!

Twelve Virginia Beach employees were massacred in a gun-free zone and yet your SB 4013 creates even more gun-free zones!  There is no justification for disarming Virginia's 500,000 concealed handgun permit holders, or those who legally open carry, just because they visit a local government building. Gun owners have been peacefully carrying in government buildings for decades now.  SB 4013 is a solution in search of a problem and needs to be withdrawn.

SB 4020 requires a person with certain MISDEMEANOR offenses to have to wait a DECADE before they can apply for a concealed handgun permit.  That is an unreasonable amount of time.  The current system is working just fine with a three-year waiting period.  Since concealed handgun permit holders are already the most law abiding group of citizens, what can possibly be gained with SB 4020?  Accordingly, SB 4020 also needs to be withdrawn.

Sincerely,
[your name only]
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:10:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm totally ready to send the VCDL some Green Love if it'll help you guys out but, to quote the late, great Albert Popwell....("I Gots To know") are they Legit?
@SWODaddy @Treadhead

https://vcdl.org/Accomplishments
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:12:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Death always to Tyrants.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Maybe not with all the pressure by Bloomberg to collapse them with the help of useful idiots on the 2A community.

I can tell you one thing...don't count on GOA to do jack shit except collect more membership dues.
View Quote
The GOA sent out a EM about attending Lobby Day. Pratt will speak. He gave the VCDL it props.....Where's the NRA?

Join GOA in Richmond to Lobby for Your Second Amendment Rights

Dear 1srelluc,

I wanted to remind you about the Lobby Day in Richmond, which is being sponsored by the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL).

People will be gathering tomorrow morning between 8:30-9am at 10th and Banks streets -- and from there, people will enter the Capitol in teams.

Later, there will be a rally from 12-1 pm at the Bell Tower on the Capitol grounds near 9th and Bank streets.

You can find all the information about this on VCDL's web page here.

I will be one of the speakers tomorrow, so I hope to see you there!

Please pass this alert on to your pro-gun family and friends.

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
Senior Vice President
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:14:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So I wanted to share this to hopefully drum up some help with Virginia's fight against a racist Governor who is trying to distract from himself, by proposing insane new gun laws. I mean shit that makes CA and NY look appealing

We got fucked by the Republican's too on this one, and this is what went out just regarding last minute legislative proposals. We are facing full on confiscation and criminal penalty's for owning AR's, Suppressors, binary triggers and extended mag's. This is just the latest bill, on-top of a on of others including red flag laws, criminal penalty's for not reporting a stolen gun fast enough, criminal penalty's for "leaving a unsecured firearm near an 18year old", banning of all private sales, magazine limits, semi auto bans, and much more.

We just beat a ton of these the past legislative session and they are back and getting a ton of out of state funding from the big anti gun orgs like: Moms demand attention, and Every-town a little less safe.

It's a fight we can win, but we need everyone's help. I am in no way affiliated with the VCDL, but please consider donating to help fellow gun owners fight literal gun confiscation in the old dominion. Even just filling out a email to reps in Virginia would help.

VCDL's email generator

I'm going to include a link to the VCDL's donate page, but if it's not allowed just remove it. But I hope that ARF is willing to support them and leave it up.
Donate to the VCDL

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6755/03686A3E-4C66-47C9-AB3B-1B836BBF024C-1009285.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOnztKDEY5A
View Quote
An apostrophe is for indicating possession, not plurality. You screwed up every single use of the apostrophe. You should feel bad.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:16:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I can't speak for the transplants that have moved here but I don't know of a single native Virginian gun owner that would comply.

They don't get all bombastic about it, most just shake their heads and say nope, not happening.

I'll say this, I hope folks have got all their "go-to" stuff squared away with no 4473 attached to their name.
View Quote
I'd like to see him load up his rainbow LGBTQ "Guns-R-Bad" love bus and head down to Big Stone Gap or Appalachia for a "town hall"............
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:17:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Call reps and donate to the VCDL NOW!
View Quote
Done,  when is the next rally?

If we lose this then concealed weapons are the next thing on the block. Changing the law to allow counties to ban CCW will be an easy legislative task if they get momentum.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
There aren't any transplants on this forum that don't support the 2A. There are plenty of natives who support Northam and anti 2A legislation. We need to stop eating our own.

<---- transplant / VCDL donor
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The end game really is repealing the second amendment.

Looks like that will start at the state level too.

What a time for the gun owners to live in, enemies foriegn have turned domestic.
View Quote
Funny you should mention that line.  Reading about this proposed legislation in Virginia reminded me of the plot of Bracken's first book in the trilogy, Enemies Foreign and Domestic, which ironically involves a similar storyline.  If this bill becomes law in VA, and semi-autos become illegal to posses in the state, it will be interesting to see if the rest of the novel bears any resemblance to reality.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Death to tyrants??
View Quote
At some point, someone will bring violence.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Molon Labe, bitches.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Good luck, VA.

I hope you don't have to eat any of that shit sandwich.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:28:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
On my way to Richmond now.
View Quote
Me too. I can see downtown.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Fucking Democrats coming in from DC and MD are going to turn the state into DC and MD. I need to go back home to AZ.
View Quote
It's everywhere, this is more then Orange Man bad this is a take over by those we elected. Is there any doubt we are near the time?
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:35:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The end game really is repealing the second amendment.

Looks like that will start at the state level too.

What a time for the gun owners to live in, enemies foriegn have turned domestic.
View Quote
Boogaloo you say?
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#33]
I feel like an idiot for not calling out sick today
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:38:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was so tempted. If this shit passes I will be looking for a job out of state anyway, so fuckit.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:39:43 AM EDT
[#35]
https://freebeacon.com/politics/gun-groups-mobilize-for-virginia-special-session/
Quoted:
The GOA sent out a EM about attending Lobby Day. Pratt will speak. He gave the VCDL it props.....Where's the NRA?

Dear 1srelluc,

I wanted to remind you about the Lobby Day in Richmond, which is being sponsored by the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL).

People will be gathering tomorrow morning between 8:30-9am at 10th and Banks streets -- and from there, people will enter the Capitol in teams.

Later, there will be a rally from 12-1 pm at the Bell Tower on the Capitol grounds near 9th and Bank streets.

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
Senior Vice President
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dear 1srelluc,

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
Senior Vice President
Great example.  GOA is sending out emails while the NRA is actually doing something and lobbying legislators.

https://www.wric.com/news/virginia-news/nra-holds-demonstration-on-suppressors-in-rva-ahead-of-special-session/

https://youtu.be/jiTBzcgJAuQ

https://freebeacon.com/politics/gun-groups-mobilize-for-virginia-special-session/
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I was so tempted. If this shit passes I will be looking for a job out of state anyway, so fuckit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I'm not moving so I guess I'm more invested into what happens, which makes it worse that I didn't call in sick
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Virginia went to war two times before for less. Pitter-patter, up ‘n at her.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Sounds like its a certain time there....
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Da facto votes for more gun laws cause this.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:46:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Great example.  GOA is sending out emails while the NRA is actually doing something and lobbying legislators.

https://www.wric.com/news/virginia-news/nra-holds-demonstration-on-suppressors-in-rva-ahead-of-special-session/

View Quote
NRA-backed Senate Majority Leader Tommy Norment

It does not look like they had much of a impact.....Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Where is the hero legislator who went viral last year for ranting about being called a Nazi?
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
They are the most legit. The nra takes credit for VCDLs work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are the most legit. The nra takes credit for VCDLs work.
Funny how that happens. When GORCA (Minnesota's Gun Rights/Owners advocacy group) beat down any legislation this year the NRA & NRA-ILA quickly jumped on the soap box to claim victory, when in reality it was the work of GORCA and it's members. But it was pretty clear who did the work, because the local media covered it pretty closely.

There was one member on here that tried to do the same. Claiming victory for the NRA. Oddly enough, I have not seen him post much since all of the financial stuff leaked out and they severed ties with that law firm/promotional group whatever they are.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Where is the hero legislator who went viral last year for ranting about being called a Nazi?
View Quote
Nick Freitas

Looks like he's no longer in office?
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:50:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
They've been working hard at it.
VA has managed to beat them back on legislation, but eventually they're going to sneak something by.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:50:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Republican Senator Tommy Norment has betrayed gun owners by introducing two gun-control bills:

SB 4013 treats all local government buildings like a courthouse, banning firearms for everyone but law enforcement, judges, magistrates, and several other specific individuals while in conduct of official business.  (Not even an exemption for CHP holders.)

SB 4020 increases the waiting time to apply for a CHP from three years to ten years for someone convicted of certain misdemeanors, including brandishing.   Ten years is an unreasonable length of time to wait and is a solution looking for a problem.

All of us, whether you are in his district or not, need to send a message to Senator Normant, as he is in the Republican leadership of the Senate.  Feel free to use the suggested message as is, personalize the suggested message, or write your own message from scratch.  Either way, be polite, but firm.

Email address: [email protected]

[email protected]
Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 6205
Williamsburg, VA 23188

Phone: 757.259.7810
Toll Free: 800.698.2027
Fax: 757.259.7812

Suggested Subject:  More gun-control is NOT acceptable, withdraw SB 4013 and SB 4020!

Suggested message:

Gun owners do not need someone in the leadership of the Republican Party joining hands with Governor Northam and Michael Bloomberg to strip away our natural right of self-defense!

Twelve Virginia Beach employees were massacred in a gun-free zone and yet your SB 4013 creates even more gun-free zones!  There is no justification for disarming Virginia's 500,000 concealed handgun permit holders, or those who legally open carry, just because they visit a local government building. Gun owners have been peacefully carrying in government buildings for decades now.  SB 4013 is a solution in search of a problem and needs to be withdrawn.

SB 4020 requires a person with certain MISDEMEANOR offenses to have to wait a DECADE before they can apply for a concealed handgun permit.  That is an unreasonable amount of time.  The current system is working just fine with a three-year waiting period.  Since concealed handgun permit holders are already the most law abiding group of citizens, what can possibly be gained with SB 4020?  Accordingly, SB 4020 also needs to be withdrawn.

Sincerely,
[your name only]
View Quote
Everyone needs to pile on to back stabbing Norment’s e-mails and Office. Light his ass up. Make up an address if you are out of state.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#46]
It's government intrusion like this that drives logical people toward the Sovereign Citizen movement.

Just sayin'...
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 8:01:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
He got fucked thanks to our open primaries and idiots backing Corey stewart. I overheard libs at work talking about voting in the r primaries to make sure Freitas wouldn’t have a chance.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's government intrusion like this that drives logical people toward the Sovereign Citizen movement.

Just sayin'...
View Quote
Careful there.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NRA is the only reason we didn't get this shoved down all of our throats in 2013 after Sandy Hook.  You sound foolish.

The NRA has some housecleaning to do, but the GOA is and always will be a clownshoes organization that's only good at sending out angry emails and collecting money.

I've always been loathe to criticize any ~2A organization, but the GOA seems intent on playing useful idiot to Bloomberg's scheme of imploding the only meaningful 2A group in the US.

ETA: I will add SAF to the paragraph above, but the two serve largely different functions - NRA fighting legislatively and SAF fighting in the courts.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top