Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Thanks Steve

R/K
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
In CA I think you are required to carry your Assault Weapon registration papers with you, I don’t own an assault weapon so I can’t say for sure.  I was advised by my dealer to carry this letter from the DOJ that came with my FAB10 however, I’ll just keep a copy of some segments from SB23 and Title 18 in the car but that’s about as far as I’m going to go.
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:49:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If during a standard stop or questioning for some reason turned up no reason to futher suspect a crime I don't think the LEO would try to detain you further.
View Quote

Well, they might try, and often do (for various reasons).  However, any further detention without an articulable suspicion that criminal activity is afoot would be constitutionally violative.  Any fruits obtained thereafter would be suppressable.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:19:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Schnert
Guthville or "Gooseville", as it's affectionatly known, is still open and holding weekend matches.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I am a LEO in NY and unless the gun is used in the commission of a crime, or there is an allegation made to the court resulting in the seizing of weapons - NOBODY is going to look into the leagality of it!  Some pr!ck cops look to burn their own mother and they will look to mount up the charges on an individual.  Other cops - the ones that were better off as waitresses or carpenters - don't have a clue as to anything regarding guns - they can't make them safe and they rarely know what they are looking at.  I wouldn't worry about the average cop unless you look like a terrorist.  I am sure ATF tracks purchases but I don't really care.   They have to worry about terrorists,  "militias"  and skids that buy guns in Virginia and run them to NY.  

Of note years ago... before I was LEO... I was travelling to upstate NY with an SP1 AR223 with about 500 rounds of ammo and 3 mags - for plinking.  We passed through NJ on the way up and never fired the gun.  On the way down I realized NJ would have locked us up for FELONIES!!!  We obviously corrected our return trip so as not to possibly end up in prison.  My co-pilot on the trip is now an NYC detective and I am a Deputy Sheriff.  If he sped through NJ things might be much different now.....
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#8]
We haven't been back for almost a month now because the last time we were there, this guy showed up with a Jennings and told my friend he was a convicted felon, then wanted to buy my friend's S&W. We asked that fat guy who always sits on the easy chair if we could tell the cop that sits outside and he got all annoyed saying it wasn't his problem.

So we told the cops outside, didn't find out what happened after that.
View Quote

If the cop approached him, that guy probably just showed his ATF ID and the cop let him hang around and continue to try to entrap someone else...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top