BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Young will still go in the first round.

The Texans are looking to trade down, now, though.

Maybe Young's test is why.

The Texans never had any intention of taking Young, even if he scored a 50 on the test. They just exercised David Carr's gazillion dollar option, they sure as hell aren't going to pay two QB's a truck full of money.

Reggie Bush will be the Texans pick, always was.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Regardless, you won't see any of these nuttjobs at a Mensa meeting anytime soon.

Nor will you see a Mensa member participating in a scholastic sport, either. I have several relatives who could be in Mensa, none can find their ass with either hand.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Regardless, you won't see any of these nuttjobs at a Mensa meeting anytime soon.

Nor will you see a Mensa member participating in a scholastic sport, either. I have several relatives who could be in Mensa, none can find their ass with either hand.

Over here... Mensan that does sports.  So NYAH!  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
You coulda substituted "Vince Young" with pretty much any names in the NFl, NBA or pretty much any other pro sprots, except Curling. Those are some serious athlets.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Speaks well for UT. I wonder if he would have graduated had he stayed another year

He wouldn't graduate even if he stayed another six years!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#6]
C'mon, DOC...he's a great kid and should do very well on Sundays.  Here's the statement from Charlie Casserly.

HH

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feb. 27, 2006, 5:08PM
Casserly Disputes Young's Wonderlic Score

By CLIFF BRUNT Associated Press Writer
© 2006 The Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS — Texans general manager Charley Casserly disputed reports that Vince Young got a poor score on the Wonderlic test.

Young reportedly got a six on the 50 question test, which grades intelligence and speed of thought. If that were the case, the Texas quarterback would have gotten one of the worst scores in history.

"Yes I've been told that's inaccurate by a source good enough for me to stand up here to quote it," Casserly said Sunday. "Otherwise, I wouldn't get up here and say it."

An NFL spokesman said scores don't come out until a week after the combine.

Casserly might have been defending his future quarterback. The Texans have the first pick in the April draft, and he named three players as standing above the rest: Young, USC quarterback Matt Leinart and USC running back Reggie Bush.

Casserly left multiple possibilities open, including trading the pick to improve his 2-14 team.

"We need a lot of things," he said. "I think we've got a nucleus. I don't think we're as bad as our record, but we're not a playoff team. We can make a jump here if things are hit right between free agency and the draft."

The Tennessee Titans have the third overall pick and are looking at quarterbacks with Steve McNair nearing retirement. Coach Jeff Fisher put Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler in the mix with Leinart and Young.

Leinart and Young didn't work out at the combine, but Cutler felt he needed to in order to make a push.

"There's a little attention and stress, but we're here to do our testing and we've just got to go out and do it," Cutler said. "I'm just thankful to be here right now."

Fisher said it's important for players to show their skills at the combine.

"I think it's just an additional opportunity to showcase your ability," he said. "All of us here, we see this as an extended job interview period that started when the season ended, all the way up to the draft. This is an additional opportunity to work out."

Aside from quarterbacks, Casserly said the linebacker class is strong, with A.J. Hawk, Chad Greenway, DeMeco Ryans and Ernie Sims.

"I think it's a good one," he said. "I think you've got some good ones in this class. A.J. Hawk is good, Greenway is good. You've got some real good linebackers in this draft."

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He's not that great to be begin with. USC handed them that game when they went for it on fourth down in the last minutes. I have no idea why Pete Carrol just did not punt the damn ball. It was that call that cost USC the game.

I have no dog in this fight, as I'm niehter a UT or a USC fan, but if you can't make six inches, then you don't deserve to win the damn game.

Period.

SG
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#8]
A guy named Matt Nordgren was UT's backup QB this season.  Intelligent young kid.  Any of you ever heard of him?

Didn't think so.

Playing QB does involve a lot of brainwork--but a lot of it is simply memorization.  You can't "think" your way through your progressions, you just read and react...he'll be as good/shitty in the NFL now as any of you thought he would be two days ago before this Wonderlic stuff came out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#9]
VY first and formost is a winner (This is coming from an Aggie Fan)

VY is a superb athlete

VY will end up like Quincy Carter at QB in the NFL (not very good), but since he is a better athlete he could end up as a receiver or something.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am going to look forward to see what Marcus Vick scores.  He will probably set a new low.

Why, does this test measure class, too?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Here is another wonderful example of why sports in schools should be eliminated.  I am thinking this poor guy went through 15  years of school doing nothing but playing football.  What a waste.  But then again, it was his choice.  

I am sure some nice "investment advisor" can help him invest his money into something profitable.  20 years from now this guy is going to be on welfare.  

You mean like the college funds of the "investment advisor's" kids?  Or his retirement fund?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#12]
He will still make more money than all of us!

BOOMER SOONER!

teamroper
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's a shame to hear "we gave that game away" or "they gave that game away" from grown men.  You got your asses beat by a QB who just scored a 6!  Live with it you crying babies.   I don't know whats worse, scoring a 6 or coming here posting a story with no link for verification.  

Just because michigan sucks in bowl games against the big 12 the last two years, and the NB loss had to be really, really, really painful.  Don't be drinking some hateraid about Vince Young.  I think he is a good player and I don't even root for UT.

Same here.  If people are giving games away, they've given a lot of games away to those burn orange fuckstick bastards the past few years............
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Okay I took the test.
I got one wrong (didn't read the question carefully) and didn't finish question# 11 within 5 minutes so I guess I got 2 wrong.  Not too bad considering I only got 4 hours of sleep on last night and just got home after working 14 hours.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top