Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#1]

How long does the complete course take?

Free

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can use your GI Bill and come to Louisiana Shooters Unlimited and become an NRA Instructor in all 13 NRA Disciplines. We are in Lake Charles just 30 miles East of the Texas state line.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Okay, for those of you that don't know me I spent 8 years in the Marines as an 0341 as well as a 2 year stint as a combat instructor at the School of Infantry (West) with Infantry Training Battalion.
  When I started taking college courses I kept that to myself during all the "ice breaker" sessions at the start of each semester. Well the other day in my philosophy class (it was that or something musicy as an elective for my paramedic certification) this guy goes to introduce himself to the class. He says, "Hi I'm REDACTED, and I've been a Marine for the last 5 years....."

Cut to today... the professor asks if any of us have any experience with philosophy. Of course Chesty over there was the first one to pipe up with this gem, "I took a class on Killosophy."

My immediate thought was simply, Fuck.

There are so many days left in the semester. Damn it.

You can use your GI Bill and come to Louisiana Shooters Unlimited and become an NRA Instructor in all 13 NRA Disciplines. We are in Lake Charles just 30 miles East of the Texas state line.

Link Posted: 8/30/2013 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I think they should hire former military to forcibly keep former military out of the schools.  Win/win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Such a rare event that its a nonissue. Remember, if they could get into college in the first place they wouldn't have joined the military.

I think they should hire former military to forcibly keep former military out of the schools.  Win/win.

That needs to be a big perimeter though, because otherwise they'll see all that fancy book learnin' and get ideas.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't agree with allowing the .mil to reintigrate with society after they get out, especially not in our schools. They're dangerous.

Such a rare event that its a nonissue. Remember, if they could get into college in the first place they wouldn't have joined the military.

Now there's a thinking man!  Too bad he's .mil though
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top