BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Brown Bess musket with 3 foot bayo attachment?[:D]

Interesting thread.

They would be alittle less intimidating if they were dog size.I guess kinda like being attacked by a pack of hyena or something eh?....Still not my idea of a relaxing day off.

As much as I like the AR,if I've got multiple wild,meat eating,Great Dane sized quadrupeds running after me at snack time I've gotta have alittle more assurance of one shot stopping power.

How bout an FAL carbine with underslung Masterkey 12 gauge.

Heavy,but versatile.[:)]You can reach out and touch someone and quickly swing to the side too spray and pray with some 00 buck.

Maybe a LAR Grizzly .45 WinMag as a last ditch sidearm.

Hey after reading this I'm ready for safari........when are we leavin?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In Jurassic Park when Muldoon gets the SPAS-12 from the locker if you pay attention you can see the carrying handles/upper handguards of some M-16A2/A3's
View Quote

Yep. You sir are definitely correct. I watched Jurassic Park (I have the DVD) a couple nights ago. I LOVE that movie. If you watch closely in the beginning, when they are loading a Velociraptor into the paddock, a few guys are holding M-16s. Good stuff.

Fly Navy
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, let's suppose we are dealing with velociraptors, not the dinawhatsitsdinkus.

You get a four man team.  They are armed with the best equipment the USA, USMC can buy.  This stuff is for back up.  Their primary weapon, aluminum baseball bats.  Put some extra weight in it and maybe a few bolts drilled though them.  The team formation is a box.  They carry some meat on a stick to attract these velocif***s.  When they move in to attack with their leaps, CRACK!  Send them to left field!

Hey!  You might as well have some fun!

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
M-60, chopped and channeled.
[url]http://www.usord.com/images/e4_large.gif[/url]
What can I say, I'm an old gunner god!
View Quote

Ahh, that's almost cute.  A "piglet"

Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
M-60, chopped and channeled.
[url]http://www.usord.com/images/e4_large.gif[/url]
What can I say, I'm an old gunner god!
View Quote

Ahh, that's almost cute.  A "piglet"

View Quote

Yes, lets call it the "stammering piglet".
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As fast as they are, if you was being charged (or were surrounded) by a group, there's not much you could do. But, my choices would be 12 ga. shotgun, 3 inch magnum, loaded with 00 buck, for close in work, rifle wise something in 30 caliber, (.308, 30.06) prefer mag fed. as a well as a large caliber handgun, (.44/.45).

The best you could hope for was to get high and have your back and sides shielded so that they could only come from one direction, as they were pack hunters and while you were taking down the ones to your front, its the ones to the sides and rear that would get you. It would be different to hunt something that hunts you.

On a side note what kind of rifle to take down a T-Rex, and where to shoot it?
View Quote

Match the numbers/have a person guarding each flank and your back. And stay together. Thta might actually get a group being stalked by Raptors out alive.

Fun fact: Utah Raptors, Raptors that lived out west. Were roughly the same size as the movie Raptors.

For a T-Rex? A 50. Barret. If placed right, like right out the back of it's neck when it roars and/or gets real close trying to find you.
Chances would be good of at least distracting it and giving you a chance to make a break for it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://www.wapahani.com/imageUPT.JPG[/img]

Primary

[img]http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/pages/military/images/gun.gif[/img]

Back-up
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:27:51 AM EDT
[#9]
M240. or an M60. Fuckit let's up the cyclic rate-
MiniGun.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top