Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Had mine done just before christmas 5years ago.

Was shopping that night and then moved my new washer dryer into place the next day.

Bunch of pussys up in here
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Had sex with my girlfriend the next day on my couch. She had a bag of frozen peas for the after sex recovery.  I married her.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Remember, damn near every vasectomy horror story starts with the same line:  "My doctor told me to not do anything for two weeks but on the third day I felt fine so I..."

Follow your doctors orders and you should be fine.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Both of mine were pretty quick recovery time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Real men go home after a vasectomy and jerk off to make sure it worked.    Seriously, a couple weeks total and back to normal.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Briefs. Not boxers. Not boxer briefs. Briefs. 24/7 for the weekend.

Lay back and be comfy, watch TV or surf internet.

3 bags of frozen vegetables in rotation.

Don't be a hero. Take the weekend off.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#7]
put the bean bag on ice that day... tossed back a couple pops and pain killers 

next day i took a couple more pain killers and beers and played 18..  sore but did fine 
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Did mine solo, drove my truck to the office & home.  Regular cab....stick shift...at least it was all pavement.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Was shopping that night and then moved my new washer dryer into place the next day.

View Quote
Glad yours went well, mine hurt like a fucker.

Especially when he did the first snip on the second side, he didn't use enough lidocaine or something. Holy fuck man, I about jumped off the table. I saw stars, nearly blacked out and felt like I was going to puke all at once.

Then he had the balls to say "Did that hurt too much? I can use more numbing agent if you like"

Fucking guy.

Interestingly though, that wasn't the side with lingering pain that month.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Meh. RSAUG is coming on the market.

...and the end of the human race! 
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Had mine on a Friday.   Drove myself home from the clinic (had it done as outpatient with local anesthesia) Laid low over the weekend and back to work on Monday.   Really the only thing once back to work was the discomfort of the stiches occasionally snagging on my undershorts and the natural itching from the incision site as it healed.   As far as pain, I was good to go.  Never touched pain killers and after some initial Tylenol the day of I didn't even need anything from there on out.

Its not all that bad as long as you take it easy the first few days.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Officially scheduled my vasectomy. What did you guys experience in regards to recovery time? How many days back to work?

Booked Appt for mid day Thursday, she said I could be back Monday the following week
View Quote

Recovery?? ?  It's permanent!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Recovery?? ?  It's permanent!
View Quote
Not as permanent as you think. My "recovery" was about five years.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not as permanent as you think. My "recovery" was about five years.
View Quote
Whaaa??
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll let you know...Had mine done in December and still not right.

Complications in recovery are a lot more common than advertised.  Some can be life long.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Say 2 weeks.   But, you also need to test your jizz.   Just to be sure you ARE shooting blanks.   So, that'll add to the wait (depending on fast the lab works).

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#17]
24 hours.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Need details on those struggling?  What are you dealing with,  what can you do besides accepting it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I took a week off of work, because I'm a firefighter, and I knew if I tried to short-time it, I'd get stuck on a huge fire or something. I also went about a week without lifting weights. Kept the boys iced for a couple of days, and didn't get too crazy the rest of the time I took off.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I didn't read all the replies, but mine was EXTREMELY simple!

Did it on a Friday.  procedure was smooth with no pain. Took it easy all weekend.  Kept it iced down.  No pain and no issues.  By Monday I felt great but still took a few extra days to relax just to make sure.

Easiest thing I have ever done.  You will love it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Officially scheduled my vasectomy. What did you guys experience in regards to recovery time? How many days back to work?

Booked Appt for mid day Thursday, she said I could be back Monday the following week
View Quote

don't donate a kidney, that cutting will come back to haunt you for months.  It is something about the nerves involved and the vasectomy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#22]
5 days or so.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#23]
A year. Maybe two.

Can't even whack off either, you'll blow your balls off if you do.

don't risk it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

About right. It's not as easy a recovery as they say.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's what everyone told me!  They lied ??!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#26]
2--3 days you'll eb good
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#27]
A week or more. Ice ice baby.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#28]
My wife did mine. No recovery, they're still in her purse.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Remember, damn near every vasectomy horror story starts with the same line:  "My doctor told me to not do anything for two weeks but on the third day I felt fine so I..."

Follow your doctors orders and you should be fine.
View Quote
This.  And two words......frozen peas.  Buy 2 or 3 bags as they will be your friends.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top