BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:17:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My wife and I don't buy into the Vday stuff.

Better to be kind and in love every day a little bit than to try to cram all your affection into one spot on the calendar, and throw money at tokens. All artifice and show, to me anyway.

I doubt any woman will lay on her death bed and remember red cards or flowers. But I'll bet she remembers who loved her, how much, and that every day they showed it.

Just my .02

That's nice Swingset.  But don't assume that I don't make every day special for my guy.  We tell each other we love the other at least 5 times a day, I try to make every meal special, I light candles every night.  But holidays are a bit EXTRA special.

That's all I'm saying.  All of you people who ignore holidays with the excuse that "Every day is Valentine's Day", that's great for you...and I feel the same way.  But I stand by my thing that holidays are something to look forward to, and you can center around a theme.  I think there's a reason that millions of people celebrate it, don't you?

Again, if you don't celebrate it, that's fine, it's your choice.  But some of you seem to be throwing it back in the ring with the sentiment of "I make every day special, I don't need a Hallmark day to do that".   Wonderful.  I'm thrilled that you have a great relationship.  But I'm a sucker for holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.  I, too, make every day special, but holidays are extra special.  

That's all I'm saying.

Didn't mean to belittle Girlfriend Day for you, if you enjoy it that's great. We happen to have our own special days, but they are personal and only for us. February 14th means nothing to me, but August 29 is pretty special, so is June 25. Capeche?

I look forward to Valentine's Day in that the 15th the candy isle is full of good deals. That's all I'm saying.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
This was the nicest Valentines day

I have ever had. My wife and I have been seperated now for several months waiting for the divorce.(no we did not get back together). 2 years ago I found out my wife had an extra valentines day sweetheart.

Anyways a lady friend I am seeing invited me over for dinner. So I went out and bought her a heart rate monitor that she can wear when she runs. I got over to her house, we cooked dinner together. A fish dinner, (not battered).

I gave her the gift I got her  with a card, I put a note in there about our hearts beating together. and she loved it. Some women would get pissed about that gift thinking it was a referance to her weight. But Like I said she loved it. And she got me a Bruce Springsteen box set. Plus I got an oral surprise....
She made Rice pudding for desert.

Nicest valentines day in many years.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]

this post intentionally left blank because I have nothing nice to say about Valentine's Day
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top