BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They did this to reduce the number of folks that show up. I bet no more then 15 people show up carrying openly
View Quote
All the more reason to be openly defiant.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya'll got any more of that Flex Seal and Down Pillows?
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I will be there on 1/20 to stand with my VA neighbors.

Nothing more to say that is COC.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That would seal the Republicans doom as a state-level party in Virginia.

ETA: I kinda like it, it leaves room for a true pro-liberty party.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those of you saying not to carry a long gun on 1/20 better rethink your stance.
I'd bet that they'll try to ram that one through and will get enough Republicans to vote yes on it to meet the 4/5ths majority needed for it to go into effect immediately.
That would seal the Republicans doom as a state-level party in Virginia.

ETA: I kinda like it, it leaves room for a true pro-liberty party.
If you read even half of the election 'reform' bills that the democrats have pre-filed you'd reach the sad conclusion that there won't ever be a politically viable challenge to their control of Virginia after 2020.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#5]
So if the left has decided that what we all fear is inevitable and they are going to try to push this all to go hot....

Why Virginia?

What about Virginia gives them an advantage?
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
All the more reason to be openly defiant.
View Quote
Like I said. I doubt its more then a handful that do if this goes through. Truly hope to be proven wrong though.

Like when LEOs  say they will never comply with antigun orders, most will. When patriots say they will not comply with antigun laws, most will. I guess we will find out where both sides stand on the 20th
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wonder if there is any place to rent a tank
View Quote
Call Allan Coors?  Hes in VA....  
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol When would the public carry one be in effect? Certainly not by the 1/20 rally?
They need 80% majority, if what others have said is accurate, to pass something as an emergency measure that goes into effect before July 1.

It wouldn't surprise me if enough RINOs vote yes.... they're likely as scared of 1/20 as the Democrats.
Then it sounds like next year's VCDL day would be even more important.
If they actually pass the HB 426 Prohibited public carrying of certain firearms bill, this year it might not send a strong enough message (tho, still think with that many people showing, it'll be strong enough). But if done next year, and a lot of people show up open carrying, then it'll show liberals that gun owners don't care about their unconstitutional laws.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, huh. A few minutes ago I had some other stuff to say. Now I don't.

Either being intentionally provoked, or they think they can do whatever they want. Or both.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck these people.

We need to be making as much noise on every form of social media possible about this.

We need the whole god damned world watching us.

And then we need to jam this up their collective assholes sideways.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So if the left has decided that what we all fear is inevitable and they are going to try to push this all to go hot....

Why Virginia?

View Quote
It's on the Eastern Seaboard (think Boston, NYC, etc), and in the "South"

After it goes hot (not when, after) - they can blame it on "South will Rise Again" Racists, Nazis, etc.

I'm personally to the point where I do not believe there is a way for Virginians to retain their rights without ultimately violent resistance.

The amount of bills pre-filed and the attempts to shut down any sort of dissent show me they are all in, and don't care.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Why Virginia?

View Quote
It represents 19 of the 74 electoral votes they need to go live with their popular vote interstate compact and effectively control the electoral college indefinitely.

More on this subject
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If they actually pass the HB 426 Prohibited public carrying of certain firearms bill, this year it might not send a strong enough message (tho, still think with that many people showing, it'll be strong enough). But if done next year, and a lot of people show up open carrying, then it'll show liberals that gun owners don't care about their unconstitutional laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol When would the public carry one be in effect? Certainly not by the 1/20 rally?
They need 80% majority, if what others have said is accurate, to pass something as an emergency measure that goes into effect before July 1.

It wouldn't surprise me if enough RINOs vote yes.... they're likely as scared of 1/20 as the Democrats.
Then it sounds like next year's VCDL day would be even more important.
If they pass it as an emergency measure it can go into effect before 1/20.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Hell down here in Flo we will be losing our weapons via amendment next election. It wont be our lawmakers that screw us but our neighbors
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Every single one of those bills is trash.

They solve no problem and only create criminals out of thin air.
View Quote
free thinking,  protecting yourself is a problem in the eyes of statists and tyrants and commies.  make no mistake even if they pass all this crap. they will still see all of us as a problem. unless you conform and even then examples get made.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Good luck and Godspeed to the good, freedom loving citizens of Virginia. I hope you guys can beat this. As someone from New York I used to dream about escaping and fleeing to a free state. Now a lot of those states have fallen or are in danger from the Left.

If you guys can't hold the line this cancer will only spread.

Also remember that the MSM is not your friend, and will actively work against you.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I see this coming to ahead and God I hope it does not happen but I fear that there are going to be some of those who have no more f**** to give and I are going to act out in a way that there's going to be bloodshed
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I encourage every out of stater going to VA to have an E&E plan out of Richmond.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Fyck that,  they're rubbing salt in the wound. Sheriff's already say that leo won't comply.  My buddy from VAi seen last week said.  Nobody gives a fyck what they think they're gonna do.  So fyck'em.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Open carry braced AR pistol..
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#21]
These people might want to rethink what they are wagering before they roll the dice.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I encourage every out of stater going to VA to have an E&E plan out of Richmond.
View Quote
This just common advice or do you have additional info to share?  I'll be there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Holy shit.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Those laws will destroy any career or life you might of had and make becoming a hit-man or assassin very attractive.
Hopefully Jan 20 will be a very strong presence to make them retreat their ideas.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wonder if there is any place to rent a tank
View Quote
A dozer should be easy to find.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#26]
This is Battle of Athens type shit. Just because you get elected doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.

If there was ever a Hill to pick this is it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
And thing is....this shit will make it's way to NC all across the US...none us are safe.
View Quote
FIFY.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They are doubling down again.

If I missed any, please let me know. (Updated... I missed some!)

HB 426 Prohibited public carrying of certain firearms; penalty.
Prohibited public carrying of certain firearms; penalty. Prohibits the carrying of a loaded shotgun or rifle in places open to the public in certain cities and counties. Current law prohibits the carrying in such locations of certain loaded firearms with high-capacity magazines, silencers, folding stock, or long ammunition or a loaded shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered. The bill also eliminates a current exception to the prohibition on carrying such firearms in places open to the public for persons having a valid concealed handgun permit.

SB 240 Firearms; removal from persons posing substantial risk of injury to himself, etc., penalties.
Firearms; removal from persons posing substantial risk; penalties. Creates a procedure by which any attorney for the Commonwealth or any law-enforcement officer may apply to a general district court, circuit court, or juvenile and domestic relations district court judge or magistrate for an emergency substantial risk order to prohibit a person who poses a substantial risk of injury to himself or others from purchasing, possessing, or transporting a firearm. If an emergency substantial risk order is issued, a judge or magistrate may issue a search warrant to remove firearms from such person. An emergency substantial risk order shall expire on the fourteenth day following issuance of the order. The bill requires a court hearing in the circuit court for the jurisdiction where the order was issued within 14 days from issuance of an emergency substantial risk order to determine whether a substantial risk order should be issued. Seized firearms shall be retained by a law-enforcement agency for the duration of an emergency substantial risk order or a substantial risk order or, for a substantial risk order and with court approval, may be transferred to a third party 21 years of age or older chosen by the person from whom they were seized. The bill allows the complainant of the original warrant to file a motion for a hearing to extend the substantial risk order prior to its expiration. The court may extend the substantial risk order for a period not longer than 180 days. The bill provides that persons who are subject to a substantial risk order, until such order has been dissolved by a court, are guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor for purchasing, possessing, or transporting a firearm; are disqualified from having a concealed handgun permit; and may not be employed by a licensed firearms dealer. The bill also provides that a person who transfers a firearm to a person he knows has been served with a warrant or who is the subject of a substantial risk order is guilty of a Class 4 felony. The bill creates a computerized substantial risk order registry for the entry of orders issued pursuant to provisions in the bill.

HB 355 Firearm transfers; criminal history record information checks, penalty.
Firearm transfers; criminal history record information checks; penalty. Requires a background check for any firearm transfer and requires the Department of State Police to establish a process for transferors of firearms to obtain such a check from licensed firearms dealers. A transferor who fails to obtain a required background check and sells the firearm to another person is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. The bill exempts transfers (i) between immediate family members; (ii) that occur by operation of law; (iii) by the executor or administrator of an estate or by the trustee of a testamentary trust; (iv) at firearms shows in accordance with law; (v) that are part of a buyback or give-back program; (vi) of antique firearms; (vii) that occur at a shooting range, shooting gallery, or any other area designed for the purpose of target shooting or for use during target practice, a firearms safety or training course or class, a shooting competition, or any similar lawful activity; or (viii) that are temporary transfers that (a) occur within the continuous presence of the owner of the firearm or (b) are necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm. The bill removes the provision that makes background checks of prospective purchasers or transferees at firearms shows voluntary.

HB 425 Transfer of multiple firearms; report to the Department of State Police.
Transfer of multiple firearms; report to the Department of State Police. Requires any dealer who sells, trades, or transfers more than two firearms to an individual in a single transaction to report such transaction to the Department of State Police. The bill also provides that the State Police shall maintain multiple firearms transaction records for 12 months. Current law states that State Police shall maintain multiple handgun transaction records for 12 months.

HB 427 Manufacture, import, sale, transfer, or possession of undetectable firearms; penalty.
Manufacture, import, sale, transfer, or possession of undetectable firearms; penalty. Creates a Class 5 felony for any person who manufactures, imports, sells, transfers, or possesses any firearm that, after removal of all parts other than a major component, defined in the bill, is not detectable as a firearm by the types of detection devices, including X-ray machines, commonly used at airports for security screening. The bill updates language regarding the types of detection devices that are used at airports for detecting plastic firearms.

HB 421 Firearms, ammunition, etc.; control by localities by governing possession, etc., within locality.
Control of firearms by localities. Grants localities authority to adopt or enforce an ordinance, resolution, or motion governing the possession, carrying, storage, or transporting of firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof in the locality. Various provisions limiting such authority are repealed. Provisions limiting the authority of localities and state governmental entities to bring lawsuits against certain firearms manufacturers and others are also repealed.

The bill also provides an exception to the requirement that an ordinance enacted regarding the disposition of certain firearms acquired by localities must provide that any firearm received be offered for sale by public auction or sealed bids to a person licensed as a dealer. The bill allows such ordinance to provide that if the individual surrendering the firearm requests in writing that the firearm be destroyed, then such firearm will be destroyed by the locality.

HB 463 Allowing access to firearms by minors; penalty.
Allowing access to firearms by minors; penalty. Provides that any person who negligently leaves a loaded, unsecured firearm in such a manner as to endanger the life or limb of any person under the age of 18 is guilty of a Class 6 felony. Current law provides that any person who recklessly leaves a loaded, unsecured firearm in such a manner as to endanger the life or limb of any child under the age of 14 is guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor.

HB 459 Possession or transporttion of firearms following convictions for certain misdemeanor crimes.
Possession or transportation of firearms following convictions for certain misdemeanor crimes; restoration of rights; penalty. Prohibits a person who has been convicted of assault and battery when the person intentionally selects the person against whom a simple assault is committed because of his race, religious conviction, color, or national origin from possessing or transporting a firearm. A person who violates this provision is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. The bill provides for a process by which a person convicted of such crimes may petition the circuit court for a reinstatement of his right to possess or transport a firearm.

HB 458 Purchase, possession, and transportation of firearms; fugitives; penalty.
Purchase, possession, and transportation of firearms; fugitives; penalty. Provides that it is a Class 1 misdemeanor for any person who is a fugitive to purchase, possess, or transport a firearm. The bill also updates the criminal history record information check form to inquire if the applicant is a fugitive, as defined in the bill.

HB 450 Appeal of involuntary admission order; possession of firearms; penalty.
Appeal of involuntary admission order; possession of firearms; penalty. Provides that a person who is involuntarily admitted or ordered to mandatory outpatient treatment may not purchase, possess, or transport a firearm until his right to do so is restored by a court regardless of the outcome of any appeal of that order. A violation of this prohibition is a Class 1 misdemeanor. A third or subsequent offense is punishable as a Class 6 felony.

HB 318 Ammunition for a firearm on school property; Class 1 misdemeanor for possession, penalty.
Possession of ammunition on school property; penalty. Provides that a person is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor if he knowingly possesses ammunition for a firearm upon (i) the property of any public, private, or religious elementary, middle, or high school, including buildings and grounds; (ii) that portion of any property open to the public and then exclusively used for school-sponsored functions or extracurricular activities while such functions or activities are taking place; or (iii) any school bus owned or operated by any such school.

HB 260 Firearms; transfer, criminal history record check delay.
Transfer of firearms; criminal history record check delay; penalty. Increases from the end of the next business day to within five business days the time in which State Police must advise a dealer if its records indicate that a firearms buyer or transferee is prohibited from possessing or transporting a firearm and the time after which a dealer may complete the sale or transfer without a response from the State Police. The bill removes the option in current law that a dealer may immediately complete the sale or transfer if he is advised by the State Police that a response will not be available within the required timeframe.

HB 264 Concealed handgun permits; demonstration of competence.
Concealed handgun permits; demonstration of competence. Removes the option for concealed handgun permit applicants to demonstrate competence with a handgun by completing an electronic, video, or online course conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association-certified firearms instructor. The bill does not affect any in-person means of satisfying the requirement to demonstrate competence with a handgun under current law.
View Quote
Are pitchforks and torches illegal?
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Every single one of those bills is trash.

They solve no problem and only create criminals out of thin air.
View Quote
This needed to be bold.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This is their answer to the planning of a peaceful and lawful assembly of people. How can Lobby Day be a success when dealing with these types? I'm still going!
View Quote
Please remember that billionaires paid for these people's election campaigns. They won't bite the hand that feeds them. Until you gents in VA figure out some effective points of leverage on those people, they won't care what you have to say. They can't care. They owe Bloomberg and Soros for all that money.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Please remember that billionaires paid for these people's election campaigns. They won't bite the hand that feeds them. Until you gents in VA figure out some effective points of leverage on those people, they won't care what you have to say. They can't care. They owe Bloomberg and Soros for all that money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is their answer to the planning of a peaceful and lawful assembly of people. How can Lobby Day be a success when dealing with these types? I'm still going!
There is one thing people value more than money.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hell down here in Flo we will be losing our weapons via amendment next election. It wont be our lawmakers that screw us but our neighbors
View Quote
@WildBoar That's not happening this time around. They don't have nearly enough signatures to get this on the ballot.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If 30,000 people show up on 1/20 already acquiescing to the notion that rifles don't belong at the rally, then the gun grabbers have already won.
View Quote
This needs to be quoted an requoted all day long.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Open carry braced AR pistol..
View Quote
That was my original plan. But I am rethinking....

Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The amount of bills pre-filed and the attempts to shut down any sort of dissent show me they are all in, and don't care.
View Quote
Dems walked out on budget committee hearings throughout the Commonwealth when VCDL showed up in force, you're not wrong.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Damn...
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It is almost like the Democrats want us to go hot.
View Quote
To be fair, the founders went hot for less.

Just sayin...
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#41]
They can absolutely fook right off.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They did this to reduce the number of folks that show up. Probably less then 15 folks show up open carrying rifles.
View Quote
Hahaha...there's more than that going just in my small group. Try again.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ya'll got any more of that Flex Seal and Down Pillows?
View Quote
Right there
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Stay at a hotel on the edge of town. Convoy to and from downtown in groups. Onesies will get arrested.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They did this to reduce the number of folks that show up. Probably less then 15 folks show up open carrying rifles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don’t count on that.  There’s more than 15 people in this thread that are going with armament that would rival a small nations military.

If anything, this may embolden more on our side.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#46]
They think this is a fucking game.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#47]
I watched this happen in VT.  They rammed it through and when people came out and said "hey, wait a minute!" they just brushed them aside and passed it anyway.  Our "Republican" governor said "If you bring me that gun bill, I'll sign it, just get it here." for fucks sake.  They are just ramping this up in VA even bigger.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If they pass it as an emergency measure it can go into effect before 1/20.
View Quote
Won’t happen. Requires 4/5 of the body, which will never happen.

Carrying your rifles people.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#49]
So, is this going to be the comply march now?
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
The time is now
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top