Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We use scopolamine here in the US as a transdermal patch for motion sickness

It can also be administered in an IV form to (for lack of a better description) scramble people's brains for awhile.

Precisely. I've only used it twice. Both for awake emergency trachs.

Back in the dark ages, I may or may not have been familiar with a combo of IM droperidol & scop for nausea & general brain scrambling properties.  There have been lots of unstable major traumas where the only anesthetic someone could survive was gallons of blood, epinephrine, and scopolamine.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I bet you couldn't make yourself puke after drope and scope.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
You don't have to go to Columbia to find scopalamine

Datura stramonium, known casually as Jimson weed, grows naturally here in the US.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Why go all the way to Columbia? Scopolamine and Atropine are found in the various cultivars of Datura Stramonium.

Just check out Erowid. Every "trip" report ends in someone waking up in the hospital with a tube in their urethra. It's fascinating how common the neverending cigarette hallucination is.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#4]
My tattoo artist told me stories about he and his friend eating Jimson weed seeds once.

He said he would be smoking a cigarette, then look down and it disappeared. Partied and had full conversations with people for hours, then realized he was alone.

His friend ended up going to jail because he went to WalMart and forgot which car was his, so he started trying his key in every car in the lot.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It can also be administered in an IV form to (for lack of a better description) scramble people's brains for awhile.

Back in the dark ages, I may or may not have been familiar with a combo of IM droperidol & scop for nausea & general brain scrambling properties.  There have been lots of unstable major traumas where the only anesthetic someone could survive was gallons of blood, epinephrine, and scopolamine.

I called it "dropolamine." That, some nitrous, and remifentanil, you could wake anyone up from a craniotomy without coughing or bucking. They might not be able to tell you their own name for a few hours, though.

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
  Kinda like the first time you drank a whole bottle of Southern Comfort and now can't take even a sip of it.  Aversive conditioning.
I still can't smell SoCo or fruit punch kool-aid with out gaging........ 19 and a bottle of gold label, im pushing 40....glad to know I'm not alone on this one.

Jagermeister for me

Vanilla Smirnoff here. Think I was 17 at the time.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
  Kinda like the first time you drank a whole bottle of Southern Comfort and now can't take even a sip of it.  Aversive conditioning.
I still can't smell SoCo or fruit punch kool-aid with out gaging........ 19 and a bottle of gold label, im pushing 40....glad to know I'm not alone on this one.

Jagermeister for me

SoCo.....ugh

I can drink Everclear straight.....but can't even smell SoCo.

Nothing like being 16 and puking green bile for 2 days!
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My tattoo artist told me stories about he and his friend eating Jimson weed seeds once.

He said he would be smoking a cigarette, then look down and it disappeared. Partied and had full conversations with people for hours, then realized he was alone.

His friend ended up going to jail because he went to WalMart and forgot which car was his, so he started trying his key in every car in the lot.

would this be known as belladonna?, i knew some guys like that in high school with a similar story.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

would this be known as belladonna?, i knew some guys like that in high school with a similar story.

Belladonna has some scop in it but, on the whole, is a MUCH more dangerous plant.

Same family, different genus/species.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Beats a Psycho or Jet addiction.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Scop like they talk about in that video would be perfect for most arfcommers.  Instead of handcuffing girls to the bar, they could just drop some in the drink and say "wanna have sex?"
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 12:36:01 AM EDT
[#12]
You want some good dope, get ya some Russian Krokodil.
This is what it'll get ya.

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 12:45:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 12:47:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
WTF is that ^^^ his calf muscle dissapeared

Google "krokodil" ndrea about it. Its fuckin nasty
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 12:52:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 2:05:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I called it "dropolamine." That, some nitrous, and remifentanil, you could wake anyone up from a craniotomy without coughing or bucking. They might not be able to tell you their own name for a few hours, though.

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 2:09:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is that ^^^ his calf muscle dissapeared

Google "krokodil" ndrea about it. Its fuckin nasty

Damn.

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 2:09:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

That might be what it takes for people to get the reference.
I got it just on the 'Nuke' drug reference. I watch a lot of cheesy movies though.

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 4:00:29 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll take it
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back in the dark ages, I may or may not have been familiar with a combo of IM droperidol & scop for nausea & general brain scrambling properties. There have been lots of unstable major traumas where the only anesthetic someone could survive was gallons of blood, epinephrine, and scopolamine.

This was the circumstance where I used the drug in its IV form.  The anesthetic was scop, NMB, blood +fluid , and epi.

Those that survive remarkably never seem to remember a damn thing about the accidents they were in, let alone their surgery.  

eta: SleepDr you don't happen to practice in Boise do you?
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Any ER doc or RN can answer your question easily. And it has nothing to do with medicine or science.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Scopolamine reduces the feeling that my teeth are wiggling after injecting some Blue Velvet Nuke.  

I thought I was the only one to see that Robocop 2.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Scopolamine reduces the feeling that my teeth are wiggling after injecting some Blue Velvet Nuke.  

I thought I was the only one to see that Robocop 2.

Hell, I saw it in the theaters. The good old days.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone wanna sniff some airplane glue with me while we open the caps off permanent markers?

Ban gasoline & spray paint! It's for the children.

children get high like pussies now.  Now they choke each other and whippets off of cool whip cans.  

I  remember drinking NyQuil and well ummm I cannot remember the rest.

They are  sucking nitrous oxide on the massive scale here.  The streets are littered with empty cylinders.  Some punk dropped about 400 in a pile nearby.  Checked the local head shop, $0.50 each.  They had thousands.  

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Any ER doc or RN can answer your question easily. And it has nothing to do with medicine or science.

The rule of inverse worth, i.e. the less you are worth, the more likely you are to survive.

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Beats a Psycho or Jet addiction.

buffout and med-x is much smoother.

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back in the dark ages, I may or may not have been familiar with a combo of IM droperidol & scop for nausea & general brain scrambling properties. There have been lots of unstable major traumas where the only anesthetic someone could survive was gallons of blood, epinephrine, and scopolamine.

This was the circumstance where I used the drug in its IV form.  The anesthetic was scop, NMB, blood +fluid , and epi.

Those that survive remarkably never seem to remember a damn thing about the accidents they were in, let alone their surgery.  

eta: SleepDr you don't happen to practice in Boise do you?

In a case like that, you could almost consider an episode of awareness under anesthesia as a minor victory - they actually had enough blood flow to the brain to create a memory.

I do indeed practice in Boise. Why do you ask?
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#33]
i cannot count the times ive given Scope patches to my patients,...

Who could have known?
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#34]
ICE is one nasty drug.....................
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone wanna sniff some airplane glue with me while we open the caps off permanent markers?

Ban gasoline & spray paint! It's for the children.

children get high like pussies now.  Now they choke each other and whippets off of cool whip cans.  
I  remember drinking NyQuil and well ummm I cannot remember the rest.

Sparvar was the king of huffing in the 70's
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top