BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks, I'm a happy camper.

as for the short**** syndrome... I'm 6'2", 205, and the current report is I'm GTG in the pants.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
...snip... I own a 04 F-250 crew cab, V10, long bed and I wasted my whole saturday looking for an 06 F-250 in V10, 4X4, long bed, XLT - NO LUCK!
...snip... My 04 gas 250 has under 14K miles. About the only thing I have towed with my truck are a cousins trailer for a Laughlin trip, I use my truck for desert shooting trips and baja beach camping. Other than that I pull off my driveway and I'm at work in 2 minutes.  So school me you internet bandits....

Why are you trading?  With such low miles it's bound to still be in good condition.  And it's only two years old.  Do you realize how much that baby has depreciated in the last two-three years?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Agreed on the diesel.

The 2006's are very nice and Ford has pretty much gotten all the bugs out of the 6.0 PSD.  I used to own one - it was a monster.  I could burn ricers at stop lights.

CMOS
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Diesel won't last long with nothing but short trips.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#5]
My father in law drives a bucket truck with the V-10. His coworker just had an engine blow (major KB) in an identical truck and Ford warranteed the entire repair. The truck has 70K miles.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Powerstroke, but ONLY the 7.3.
The 6.0 is too  problematic, and is being replaced in '07.
Plus you have a boatload of accessory options for more power and MPG.

The 6.0 has been refined now and is a good engine. The reason that the 6.0 will be replaced is emissions, not reliability.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If your going to USE it, get the diesel.
If your just wanting a cool big toy, get the V10.

Nothing, but NOTHING, beats a diesel for raw pulling power.

The truck my FIL drives is a loaded 1 ton service truck with the V10 and he claims it will hit near 80MPH by the bottom of an on ramp.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
All you diesel fans out there are forgetting to let the thread-writer know that the extra cost of the Power-stroke and the 5 speed special transmission ADDS 6K to the price of the vechicle.  So, with diesel fuel much higher than unleaded, please try to justify the cost savings to me.  I have a V-10 in my '03 E350 van and yes, it is a gas pig.  I haul around 1500 pounds of parts/equipment in my van and it still hauls ass but yes, at almost nothing better than 11 mpg. ( remember also, I have the dual
ladders/ladder rack inconvientely not slicing throught he air).  If you want to rant about putting 400k miles on the motor, I agree it could easily do that and more, but won't the rest of the vehicle be headed for the junkyard by then ( with an average of 25k year = 16 years ).  So, IMO if you are not
going to be driving 75k+ miles a year for 5 years, the V-10 would be the cheapest and most sensible route to go.

AC

GREAT DAY IN THE MORNING! You think a vehicle is toast after 5 years?! Or even 16 years? The newest vehicle I have ever owned is a 1993 and I still have my 1971 International sitting out front and it still runs. It would still be on the road if I could get a rear glass for it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top