Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I hope to hell you are wrong about the reinstatement.  The profession is much better without her or her type in it.

Agreed.

Do you think that without the prior preferential treatment she wouldn't have been in the position to file this bogus lawsuit?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope to hell you are wrong about the reinstatement.  The profession is much better without her or her type in it.

Agreed.

Do you think that without the prior preferential treatment she wouldn't have been in the position to file this bogus lawsuit?

Most likely not.  Her status as a female on the department can make lots of things disappear.  I don't see why she made Sgt, but then again, I can name quite a few useless supervisors I have had.

In St. Louis where I used to work, we had a female that made it to the rank of Major purely on the minority/female thing.  She was completely useless and in fact dangerous as she actually flourished her husband(another cop) with her department handgun.  Nothing was done to her either.

By the way, did I mention that supposedly one of her children was fathered by a then Assistant Chief of Police(not here husband)?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

Most likely not.  Her status as a female on the department can make lots of things disappear.  I don't see why she made Sgt, but then again, I can name quite a few useless supervisors I have had.

In St. Louis where I used to work, we had a female that made it to the rank of Major purely on the minority/female thing.  She was completely useless and in fact dangerous as she actually flourished her husband(another cop) with her department handgun.  Nothing was done to her either.

By the way, did I mention that supposedly one of her children was fathered by a then Assistant Chief of Police(not here husband)?

My question was poorly worded.

It looks like she got a pass for the illegal act of defrauding the government.  

If I did this, it could be prosecuted.  In the private world I'd be fired.

She got a pass.

It seems that you're saying that, most likely, she got a pass by virtue of her sex.  Not that she got a pass because she was an LEO.  

Did I get that right?

At any rate, if she had been fired before, the lawsuit would never have been filed.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

My question was poorly worded.

It looks like she got a pass for the illegal act of defrauding the government.  

If I did this, it could be prosecuted.  In the private world I'd be fired.

She got a pass.

It seems that you're saying that, most likely, she got a pass by virtue of her sex.  Not that she got a pass because she was an LEO.  

Did I get that right?

At any rate, if she had been fired before, the lawsuit would never have been filed.  

Combo of the two.  Can't say which one played the biggest part in keeping her out of trouble.  Gut feeling would be the LEO part more than the female LEO part.

A female on a department can have powerful friends high up in the departments leadership that can pull strings.  I don't know how much pull they would have with the prosecutor, but I can almost promise that fact she was a cop and a female played a part.

It also matters on the area.  Some jurisdictions love to hammer cops on things like this.  Others not so much.

But to put it bluntly both factors played a role and apparently the department finally got tired of her shit making them look bad.  They should have taken care of her with the tax thing and the current mess would never have happened.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What kind of a woman sues a family for circumstances like that?!

A newly unemployed one.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey, I broke my kneecap at work, it's no fun.

Why didn't you sue?

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No REAL cop would ever consider doing something like that!

She gives all police a bad name!

+1 (with free spelling correction)
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No shit. What a cold, heartless bitch.

Fuck her and the horse that rode in on her.

Let that bitch eat cake.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#9]
For what it's worth, this is the police department that "takes care of" my town.  Hopefully this will shed some light onto my general distrust of police.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What kind of a woman PERSONsues a family for circumstances like that?!
fixed

my thoughts exactly
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#11]
If she can't be a cop, She's gonna be a Super Hero!

I wonder what the "F" stands for. Hmmmmmmm.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

a POS woman

Eh,  she will sue & get back pay plus her 'job' back.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Unfortunately, pieces of crap like this are why the entire law enforcement community are viewed and judged poorly. Most do a very good job of trying to uphold the law, sadly, those few that are waste's of oxygen are what make the news. They SHOULD make the news and they deserve every bit of ridicule heaped upon them leaving those who do not act like this out of the picture. Sadly that does not happen either..............
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#15]
She is a tool first class but the department better hope they have some other reason for termination than "she filled a suit" or they will just get her back with backpay.

This assumes a state like MI which has some rules about such things.

She seriously needs to get out of the business however that may be.  I know a few people who are just taking up space like her.  Fortunately they aren't as head dense as she and try something stupid like that.

Joe
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The moderator should suspend those using profanity in this thread

Fuck that.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I hope that her broken knee gives out, she falls on her head,  calls 911,  and nobody will enter the house!  She then ends up a brain damaged burden to her family since she has no insurance since losing her job.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I hope that her broken knee gives out, she falls on her head,  calls 911,  and nobody will enter the house!  She then ends up a brain damaged burden to her family since she has no insurance since losing her job.

It sounds like a redundant issue, in her case!

Seriously there are morons in any profession, and LE is no exception. I know of a Department in Central Texas where the wry joke around the LE community is to be "brass" in that place you have to be a  "fag or a felon" (if you're a cop in this area you most likely know exactly who I'm talking about).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top