BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand you didn't get the ticket, so then, just ignore the notices.   They will stop sending notices.   They can't do anything to you.  Stop wasting time on the DC gubment.

I live in the surrounding state.  Have been issued tickets wrongfully.  Mailed in a defense.  Lost.  Never paid the ticket.  Never heard squat from them after receiving so called collection agency notices.  Most likely like the one you received.

Did you get a noticed like the on I described?

Nope, white paper with "NOTICE OF UNSATISFIED PARKING TICKETS" in bold within a solid pink box in the upper right, and in the upper left there are two horizontal red stripes under three red stars.

The corrupt DC revenue machine won't get anything from me, but I am investigating legal ways to make them pay for their extortion.

The might have changed forms.  That's it.  Just ignore it and it will go away.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Contact your Congress critter.  Worth a shot.

Otherwise I think sending a "registered letter" of protest and threatening legal action if this phony ticket ever causes you trouble in the future may serve you in case it does.  Highly unlikely as I think their MO is harassment and they have no ability to reach out and touch you in another state (not that DC is a state) on a parking violation.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Make up 4 packages.

include all current corespondace, photo's, copy of registrations etc.

Send them with a letter that you will not be extored out of money for something you did not do.

Send those to the Public defenders office, The Prosecutors office, The PD's internal affairs and the Mayor.

That should stir up a hornet or two.

Here the city had 2000 unpaid tickets,  they notified the public via the paper that there would be an amnesty week for you to pay them and that following monday licenses would be suspended & warrants would be issued for the still outstanding.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just Ignore the ticket.   Did it come on a pink piece of paper with D.C.C. or C.D.C. on the top?

I live in MD and have ignored DC tickets before.  I have received many so called collection agency notices and nothing has ever happened.  They eventually give up and stop sending the notices.

I have even used the mail adjunct while having outstanding ticket and won.  

Hey, they don't put the boot on until you have 3 outstanding tickets.

+1

Yup...just ignore it...you'll just be wasting your time and $$$ trying to fight it...you don't live in DC, and you probably will never have that vehicle in DC, so fuck 'em...what can they do???

The worst that will happen is that they will turn your ticket over to a collection agency, who will send you a notice in the mail every month or so...they are not certified letters, so there is no proof you ever received them...just toss 'em in the trash.  After a few months, they may threaten you with "we'll have to take legal action" or "this will affect your credit" or some similar bullshit.  Ignore that, too.  Eventually, they may report something to the credit bureau...they use Trans Union...pull your credit report in about six months and check for the entry by the collection agency.  If it's there, just dispute it...the collection agency never gets back to Trans Union, and the entry gets deleted.  There...you've just beaten the parking ticket!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just Ignore the ticket.   Did it come on a pink piece of paper with D.C.C. or C.D.C. on the top?

I live in MD and have ignored DC tickets before.  I have received many so called collection agency notices and nothing has ever happened.  They eventually give up and stop sending the notices.

I have even used the mail adjunct while having outstanding ticket and won.  

Hey, they don't put the boot on until you have 3 outstanding tickets.

+1

Yup...just ignore it...you'll just be wasting your time and $$$ trying to fight it...you don't live in DC, and you probably will never have that vehicle in DC, so fuck 'em...what can they do???

The worst that will happen is that they will turn your ticket over to a collection agency, who will send you a notice in the mail every month or so...they are not certified letters, so there is no proof you ever received them...just toss 'em in the trash.  After a few months, they may threaten you with "we'll have to take legal action" or "this will affect your credit" or some similar bullshit.  Ignore that, too.  Eventually, they may report something to the credit bureau...they use Trans Union...pull your credit report in about six months and check for the entry by the collection agency.  If it's there, just dispute it...the collection agency never gets back to Trans Union, and the entry gets deleted.  There...you've just beaten the parking ticket!

They never report them.  The pink copy is their so call collection agency.   Just file them in the round filing cabinet.   I will give them one thing, they are persistant.  I got a notice every couple month for almost 2 years.  

Fuck em.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top